Conte to return as coach??? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
With Bari seeming to be confirming the exit of Conte, does that imply that he will soon be employed as the Juventus manager???

Part of me likes the idea but also, that same part of me, suggests...If Ferrara is capable of doing the job, why not keep him there???? Why get another ex player in, with only a season or so more experience than Ferrara as manager???

I would say that the extra experience Conte has over Ferrara is countered by Ferrara's recent history with our club, his involvement with Lippi and his work with our youth academy.

It doesn't make much sense to bring Conte in to replace Ferrara...unless they are going to somehow share duties??? With Conte as first team coach and Ciro as assistant????

Spirit and Heart and Respect can help us to remember how to beat Siena, and likely Atalanta and Reggina...BUT it won't help us to outwit teams like Inter, or Barca or Chelsea...and surely that must be our aim???

I would not be horribly angry or worried by the appointment of those two, but I would prefer a coach to come in with Proven Experience in Winning at the top level...

but who is there???

Gasperini is staying at Genoa, apparently...though I doubt very much he would turn us down if we came knocking. Spalletti is likely to get chopped in Rome, and he is an option I suppose...but who else is there???

And what are the chances of Conte coming???

I have no idea how responsible he is for Bari's decent promotion campaign, though surely he must take some of the credit. Did he decide the signings??? Did he outwit other managers, tactically??? For example, changing his formations and personnel during games when he was losing, to change the loss into a win???

Can anyone here review his brief time as a manager so far??? Not using stats, but personal knowledge of Serie B.

Buy on AliExpress.com

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
Playing in Juventus does not give you the knowledge to win with the club. Roy Keane was the captain of Man U and also brought Sunderland to the Premiership but he is still sacked.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
This would be a grave mistake and might condemn our chances of achieving anything even before the season starts...

Conte is not ready yet to compete with Mourinho and the best European managers in the CL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)