[CL] Manchester United 0-1 JUVENTUS [October 23rd, 2018] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
enjoying this incredible season, well aware of the fact that this is our peak team of the last 20 years and maybe of the next 20 years

enjoy the moment, fags

Agnelli, Fabio, Agnelli, Max and Agnelli did the best job

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
You should give the club more credit as well, we did sell a key player often, but the ambition was still the same and we made up for it all things considered. The progression we've had in the last few years can be compared to very few clubs and it was topped off by signing Cristiano Ronaldo. Juve has a ton of momentum right now.
Ofc I am giving credit to the club. I am just saying Juve's progress was very gradual and painful till we got to the level where we can splash on Higuain or Ronaldo. Mou is making it seem like Juve is an aggressive big spending buying club while UTD were the ones penny pinching when it was the reverse. Its just that our management and coaches did a great job with the few resources they had, while theirs (including Mou) are doing a terrible job with infinite resources.

He covering his ass from blame. His praise of Juve is not sincere.

- - - Updated - - -

When @Hist is pleased, you know we made it.
Genoa was a reminder of seasons past and there is still lots of work to be done. But definitely a great start to our season.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
this is our peak team of the last 20 years and maybe of the next 20 years
If you still haven't realized this, trust, we'll keep getting better.

And I'm quite sure we're en route to firmly establishing ourselves in the top-5 financially too.

Agnelli is very, very capable.

He covering his ass from blame. His praise of Juve is not sincere.
The amount of times he mentions Bonucci and Chiellini, with all the accolades and homages, he's shifting blame for sure in typical Mou fashion.

Utd can improve significantly with a quality CB, a quality and physical B2B, and a quality manager. He should remember that the club did spend 400m pounds on the players he wanted, including Bailly, Lindelof, and Fred.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Some redcafe comments:

Before

'3-0 united. We’ve shown some good stuff recently let’s just carry it forward.
Early goal with us scoring twice late on after Juve press.'

'Get Lukaku against Chiellini 1v1 as much as possible..''

'The key to winning this game is to play with high intensity and to be very aggressive off the ball. Juve from what I've seen are a slow team. They like to slow the game down and they don't have much pace apart from D Costa (who might not start even). We shouldn't let them have too many seconds on the ball.'

'Szczesny was in goal for United 8 - Arsenal - 2. And I think this Juve defence can be got at with pace. It'll be a high scoring game.'

'Apart from Ronaldo, Dybala and Pjanic, I don't see any big quality there apart of defence. Cuadrado's not quality, Bentacour's not, Matuidi works a lot but is not so good imo. Their defence is good apart from Cancelo who I don't know how good is defensively (as he's not a proper RB). The goalkeeper is so so.'

During

'Juve just lumping or crossing to Ronaldo all game then.'

'Juve don't look nothing special'

'Feck, ok, now we wake up and smash them'

'Matic and Lukaku have been total embarrassment to the club so far' (Reality slowly starts to sink in at this time)

'Jesus Christ juve are boring' (Imagine a United fan saying that)

'Just watch Lukaku's attempts at accelerating into a sprint. It is a disgrace.'

'We look like an expensive Stoke at the moment'.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Some redcafe comments:

Before

'3-0 united. We’ve shown some good stuff recently let’s just carry it forward.
Early goal with us scoring twice late on after Juve press.'

'Get Lukaku against Chiellini 1v1 as much as possible..''

'The key to winning this game is to play with high intensity and to be very aggressive off the ball. Juve from what I've seen are a slow team. They like to slow the game down and they don't have much pace apart from D Costa (who might not start even). We shouldn't let them have too many seconds on the ball.'

'Szczesny was in goal for United 8 - Arsenal - 2. And I think this Juve defence can be got at with pace. It'll be a high scoring game.'

'Apart from Ronaldo, Dybala and Pjanic, I don't see any big quality there apart of defence. Cuadrado's not quality, Bentacour's not, Matuidi works a lot but is not so good imo. Their defence is good apart from Cancelo who I don't know how good is defensively (as he's not a proper RB). The goalkeeper is so so.'

During'Juve just lumping or crossing to Ronaldo all game then.''Juve don't look nothing special''Feck, ok, now we wake up and smash them''Matic and Lukaku have been total embarrassment to the club so far' (Reality slowly starts to sink in at this time)'Jesus Christ juve are boring' (Imagine a United fan saying that)'Just watch Lukaku's attempts at accelerating into a sprint. It is a disgrace.''We look like an expensive Stoke at the moment'.

Even before the game they were largely very hopeless and negative (I don't blame them). Their few eternal optimists are the ones that you quoted at the top but they are rare.

This thread is hilarious http://www.redcafe.net/threads/who-will-jose-finger-next.442439/

"4 fingers next to represent the 400m he’s spent on transfers."
"What was the 3 for last night? Only 3 more matches hopefully."
"He'll come back one day to OT and raise 3 fingers to remind us all that he won the Europa league, league cup and community shield."
"Be funny if he started wearing his winner medals to every game and press conference."
"Wasn't the 3 fingers last night about the 3 minutes added time?"
"José holds up 3 fingers... 2 in the pink, 1 in the stink"
"I had 3 subs"
"I had 3 useless guys in the front"
"I threw up 3 times watching us play"
"Juventus has 3 times more ba**s than us"
"This is my 3rd year in the same hotel room
"Not even in 3 days we would score against Juventus."
"In 3 games Lukaku will be benched"
"3 are the millions I will get when I get fired"

"

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
"They understood that although modern football clubs are branding corporations, for their health they must embrace supporters’ sentimental loyalties."

That part made me think of Juve and how were falling short in this respect these days
Come on, juve has done a lot for the community as well. We have J school and hotels etc in Turin. What juve needs to do now is to capture the Asian market. There are tons of hardcore juve fans in China and Southeast Asia, that felt opppreased over the past 15 years as all attentions were in English and Spanish clubs

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
"They understood that although modern football clubs are branding corporations, for their health they must embrace supporters’ sentimental loyalties."

That part made me think of Juve and how were falling short in this respect these days
Probably would if we had arab sugar daddy and for now I'd take our deservedly Champions League favorites team over City's community college anyday

- - - Updated - - -

Even so I find it hard accept Mourinho's excuses that United won't get him players he wants as a reason for how mediocre they are.

How many hundreds of millions has United spent in the past few seasons? has he been given to spend on players, of his own choosing, who have turned out to be mediocre? But he's whining cause Pep got more. :cry:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)