[CL] Manchester City - Juventus (September 15, 2015) (1 Viewer)

Manchester City 1-2 Juventus Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Lichtsteiner

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Evra

• Sturaro

• Hernanes

• Pogba

• Cuadrado

• Morata

• Mandžukić

Results are only viewable after voting.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Pretty good performance, very good tactical set up, great result. On paper it was a 4-3-3 but for large parts without the ball it was more like a 4-4-2 with Cuadrado RM and Pogba left mezz'ala.

Buffon saved us at times but we know what he can do and why he is the player he is. What else can you say about the rest of the defence? They are becoming our guarantee.

I was impressed with how Hernanes and Cuadrado slotted in tactically, they both covered positions well and put the hard yards in.

Sturaro was like chalk and cheese alongside them, his defensive work was fantastic but his use of the ball was borderline terrible for the most, he looked like he was treading sand. He looked a little like Vidal from last season :snoop:

Pogba should cut out a bit of the fancy stuff in risky areas, he just about got away with a couple. When he sticks to the basics he is a better player, it seems like he feels the need to show everyone what a great player he is. He did that best with his assist and those driving runs.

Neither Morata or Mandzukic looked particularly sharp or 100% fit, but both scored nice goals. Tactically you could see why they were used over the less athletic Dybala.

City's goal was bullshit, and could have cost us badly, especially in this difficult moment, but this will happen dragging officials in from sub-par leagues. The 5th official just stood there like a lemon, that's simply down to being afraid.

It's just the sort of reminder we needed that we are a very good team. The inclusion of more experienced players was important for tonight's game, but the younger lads will all do well given time.
:D

:agree: Should give us the confidence to go forward. Sturaro got stuck in, that is the player he is. Needs to improve though.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Why are some of you blaming the people who criticized the team for the past three weeks, you think it was unjustified? Nonetheless, i am extremely satisfied with this result as it is always important to start off with three points, and especially if it is in an away game against the biggest contender for the 1st spot. Besides that, this will be a huge boost to our self confidence which has been lacking for the last couple of weeks.
there is a difference between criticizing and bashing my friend. people here was insulting and disrespecting team members and players like the raineri and molinaro days.

we all criticize. but show some respect for the team.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #728
    Pretty good performance, very good tactical set up, great result. On paper it was a 4-3-3 but for large parts without the ball it was more like a 4-4-2 with Cuadrado RM and Pogba left mezz'ala.

Buffon saved us at times but we know what he can do and why he is the player he is. What else can you say about the rest of the defence? They are becoming our guarantee.

I was impressed with how Hernanes and Cuadrado slotted in tactically, they both covered positions well and put the hard yards in.

Sturaro was like chalk and cheese alongside them, his defensive work was fantastic but his use of the ball was borderline terrible for the most, he looked like he was treading sand. He looked a little like Vidal from last season :snoop:

Pogba should cut out a bit of the fancy stuff in risky areas, he just about got away with a couple. When he sticks to the basics he is a better player, it seems like he feels the need to show everyone what a great player he is. He did that best with his assist and those driving runs.

Neither Morata or Mandzukic looked particularly sharp or 100% fit, but both scored nice goals. Tactically you could see why they were used over the less athletic Dybala.

City's goal was bullshit, and could have cost us badly, especially in this difficult moment, but this will happen dragging officials in from sub-par leagues. The 5th official just stood there like a lemon, that's simply down to being afraid.

It's just the sort of reminder we needed that we are a very good team. The inclusion of more experienced players was important for tonight's game, but the younger lads will all do well given time.
    What the fuck? We wrote basically the same thing, you posted here and I said it in the Allegri thread.

I thought Sturaro covered for Hernanes, Cuadrado amd even Morata when he dropped inside when we had the ball. It was a very unorthodox tactics.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
    May 3, 2012
    Pallegrini said City played better.
    I have to disagree although I admit we should close down better and we need better than Sturarro!
    only in England you can score a controversial goal, then throw the whole thing away in 20 minutes and claim you played better.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
    Watched the game in a pub full of AC and Inter fans : after our second goal and my aggressive way of celebrating they left the place.. ps: I think I have been one of the few here to forecast our win

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
    Pallegrini said City played better.
    I have to disagree although I admit we should close down better and we need better than Sturarro!
    Pellegrini knows fuck all about football : He is the manager who spent the most in the world in the last decade and who has won less trophies then Padoin. He can suck my Lemon.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
    Aug 25, 2006
    And no fucking way their goal is legit, that was a fucking foul.
    It was a BLATANT foul & the ref should have blown for the foul before that ball crossed the line. The way the ref & his assistants blatantly ignored Manure city's fouls was a disgrace. Several times I was thinking
    "How much has Manure city paid you to throw this match!"

39 years ago today we won in Manchester and then went on to lift the cup

:cronios:
    May it be so again!
    Encore per favor!

A much much needed win. This is exactly what we wanted. What a delightful surprise.
    Now let's start fucking other Serie A teams
    :agree:

This :dule: I love all you guys. Let's stay united.
    :agree: Although sometimes you need to let off some steam.

Cuadrado was awesome, now people understand why benching him is a fraud.
    Yes, Maxi should have started him sooner.

Kudos to the team! They worked hard and played well despite Manure's dirty fouling! Two presious away goals! Forza Juve! :flag3:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)