[CL] Manchester City - Juventus (September 15, 2015) (25 Viewers)

Manchester City 1-2 Juventus Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Lichtsteiner

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Evra

• Sturaro

• Hernanes

• Pogba

• Cuadrado

• Morata

• Mandžukić

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Lemina to make Juventus debut?
By Football Italia staff

Mario Lemina could make his Juventus debut against Manchester City in the Champions League tonight.

Training sessions in Manchester indicate Bianconeri Coach Massimiliano Allegri looks set to opt for a 3-5-2 shape, with the French midfielder preferred to Stefano Sturaro.

In defence, Andrea Barzagli is likely to edge out the pacier Martin Caceres, despite the English side boasting considerable speed on the flanks.

Patrice Evra is likely to come back into the side in place of Alex Sandro, having been suspended for the weekend draw with Chievo.

Up-front, Mario Mandzukic will lead the line, with Paulo Dybala likely to beat Alvaro Morata to a starting shirt.

Probable Juventus line-up: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Lemina, Hernanes, Pogba, Evra; Dybala, Mandzukic

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
the sad part is we can beat this City team playing the right formation, instead we are acting like they are Madrid/Barca sitting deep and letting the likes of Sterling and Navas look like Messi/Ronaldo, Allegri really never learns.
Even against Real we played with 4 men defence and only later converted to a 3 men defence with 2 WB... - The thing is 3 men defence is good for keeping a lead but is reducing the possession threfore I am okay with us using it later in the game!

As for us starting Lemina - I think he is a good prospect (from what I have seen of him) BUT throwing him straight to the starting 11 against a top club like City isnt really a smart thing to do even though I really like to see him play so we could know what we have here

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Here comes the fan police. I have asked you many times to give us a list of what makes a proper fan but you never did.
A proper fan has faith and supports the team though thick and thin, yet you guys for the most part jump on the negativity train and despair at the first sign of issues. This happened during the Conte years as well you know the ones we won three scudetti

Oct 23, 2011
Benching Morata is ridiculous.. Given that we will rely on counter attacks and City will try to dominate the game, there will definitely be some space behind the City defense and Morata is a player who can utilize that. Besides that, he proved several times to be a game changer last season in the champions league and such player should not be benched.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I believe Mandzu is starting for aerial challenges.

But why not put Dybala for Hernanes and Morata upfront with Mandzu? Has this been tried before? I haven't watched the Udine and Chievo match.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #429
    A proper fan has faith and supports the team though thick and thin, yet you guys for the most part jump on the negativity train and despair at the first sign of issues. This happened during the Conte years as well you know the ones we won three scudetti
    If I expect us to lose because I don't see the team with enough quality nor cohesion to work as a unit and I don't see leaders on the pitch, what does this have to do with support? We are in a dark period and I am still watching the games, cheer when they score, get angry when we concede and consequently drop points. What more am I supposed to do? Should I say we will win when I know we don't have the means to do it? Is this your definition os support? Well I am not a fan if I am supposed to be blind.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #431

But why not put Dybala for Hernanes and Morata upfront with Mandzu? Has this been tried before? I haven't watched the Udine and Chievo match.
    Mandzukic is starting because our plan is to send long balls from Bonucci.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
    Jun 9, 2011
    If I expect us to lose because I don't see the team with enough quality nor cohesion to work as a unit and I don't see leaders on the pitch, what does this have to do with support? We are in a dark period and I am still watching the games, cheer when they score, get angry when we concede and consequently drop points. What more am I supposed to do? Should I say we will win when I know we don't have the means to do it? Is this your definition os support? Well I am not a fan if I am supposed to be blind.
    you may be one of the more rational Jack but some on here loose it like crazy people.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005

Dybala has 3 goals so far this season in all competitions, Morata, albeit had an injury, has zero. Don't you think it makes sense to reward that performance especially considering he might be the only creative one in attack?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)