[CL] Manchester City - Juventus (September 15, 2015) (1 Viewer)

Manchester City 1-2 Juventus Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Lichtsteiner

• Bonucci

• Chiellini

• Evra

• Sturaro

• Hernanes

• Pogba

• Cuadrado

• Morata

• Mandžukić

Results are only viewable after voting.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Did anyone see the w**kers on ESPN FC? They were all about how unlucky City were and how they deserved to win.
I didn't think it was that bad. They were saying they were too quick to write off the CL finalists from last season and they definitely praised Buffon and Juve's finishing.

They are always going to cater to the Manchowder City plastic fans anyway.

Buy on AliExpress.com

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I didn't think it was that bad. They were saying they were too quick to write off the CL finalists from last season and they definitely praised Buffon and Juve's finishing.

They are always going to cater to the Manchowder City plastic fans anyway.
Holden was okay but that Nicol guy was insufferable.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #904
    It took me a Portuguese, Ukrainian, Spanish, Russian and FINALLY a French stream to find one in HD on Ace Stream that actually worked or wasn't playing Rugby. :lol:
    That was the one I watched and it was great, flawless, not a single buffering and ALWAYS when there is a French stream available go French. Brings back memories :touched:

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
    Sep 29, 2008
    That was the one I watched and it was great, flawless, not a single buffering and ALWAYS when there is a French stream available go French. Brings back memories :touched:
    Mine French stream today was shite...buffering all the time. :moan:

Thank science it was only Roma vs Barca though.

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
    First and foremost, the new facilities and stadium expansion including the work completed on the surrounding areas is fantastic, very pleasurable walk to the stadium yesterday. Should be proud of being able to attend a complex like that week in week. Secondly sitting in the second tier of the south stand last night, really enjoyed the mature and general conversation with the surrounding City fans, I didn't celebrate when we scored, I kept it muted as a sign of respect to my surroundings but I made it clear before the game to people who asked I was a Juventus fan and everyone treated me excellently. Not being from Italy, it was impossible for me to get tickets in the away end so I assume that was the same for the rest of the ones scattered around the stadium. Alas I still don't agree with celebrating in home ends, you're asking for trouble.

Onto the game itself, I'd say overall it was an even game, a draw would've been more than fair, both teams in the first half seemed very content with the way the game was going and nobody really took any risks, barring individual errors, most notably from Sturaro in the first five minutes and Lichtsteiner, City failed to carve any notable chance, nor did Juve, outside of the offside goal and Hernanes hitting the post. Both teams took pot shots, Cuadrado and Morata and Fernandinho and Kolarov but none were really troubling either keeper. Thought we did very well to funnel alot of your attacks inside and preventing Sterling isolating any player one and one, Silva also got marked very well by Hernanes, I also believe Pogba got the better of Toure for the most part.

Second half was completely different, first 10 minutes we stepped up a gear and started playing with alot more fluidity creating space between the lines and looking more confident, however City then scored with a goal that should've never stood, then really should've had a second minutes later, from there it seem to give us a second lease of life, we dominated in midfield, looked dangerous on the break and between Cuadrado and Morata's movement, I feel City were unable to deal with the spaces that were opening up, a wonder ball and finish by Mandzukic put us level then the only team who looked like scoring again was us, this was also replicated by numerous City fans sitting around me, we went on top and City were unable to muster any notable chance, De Bruyne got penned back the minute he came on and Silva became anonymous. The second goal the way it fell to Morata was fortunate but from there it was a sensational finish after that the game was secured and I thought it was useless to bring Aguero on when Bony was starved of service most of the game.

I don't think City have faced a well drilled team like this for along time, it was the same scenario in last seasons CL term mistake it for putting ten men behind the ball, like was so apparent for Chelsea, but Juventus actually played an attacking 4-3-3 last night and most of the time played two attacking players against every team last year, so I don't feel that's parking the bus.

Alot of posters underestimated Juventus, because we've lost so many star names, but once the younger players bed in and the team becomes settled, we have as much chance as City to win the CL.

On a final note, I read alot of the transfer forum over the summer, Tolmie is fantastic and a real reliable poster, but Pogba was never close to a move to City, any bid was rejected and Pogba I'm certain has been promised to Barca next summer unfortunately.

Posted the above on Bluemoon, let's see what they come back with.
    I was in the stands to. I tried to keep my cool, but i couldnt.. I screamed my lungs out when we equslised! Everybody was looking at me, and complaining and some even tried to confront stewards.. But there were so many juventus fans all over stadion - so they didnt Care.. Our club is terible organising these things, my guess is there were minimum 2000 spread all over stadion, insted of one place!!

Final note! The atmodphere in England is terible! Now i have been in Manchester utd, City and Chelsea! Terible home support!

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
    Can't believe we turned it around, with most of our leaders from these past years missing, except Chiellini and Gigi. The thought of walking into this game without Marchisio too gave me goosebumps. Thank you Alvaro though, even Quagliarella would be proud of that strike. Oh and Gigi really needs a statue outside the stadium, like pronto. We've been spoiled with the best goalkeeper of the world these past 14 years and there won't be another like him anytime soon.

Funny how City still look like a small club in Europe despite the billions they invested.
    Funny how now we are able to react to conceding a goal, whereas a couple of seasons ago we'd just give up hope completely. We've grew a lot in confidence and mentality.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
    I watched British stream and the commentators were shockingly honest. They were saying that Kompany's goal was illegal since the very first replay and never stopped mentioning it. In the post-match studio there were Gerrard and Ferdinand and both of them said the same thing and also praised Juventus like hell. I was really surprised.
    :agree: Have seen linekers show other times in the past and I have liked it most of the time Tbh

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    First and foremost, the new facilities and stadium expansion including the work completed on the surrounding areas is fantastic, very pleasurable walk to the stadium yesterday. Should be proud of being able to attend a complex like that week in week. Secondly sitting in the second tier of the south stand last night, really enjoyed the mature and general conversation with the surrounding City fans, I didn't celebrate when we scored, I kept it muted as a sign of respect to my surroundings but I made it clear before the game to people who asked I was a Juventus fan and everyone treated me excellently. Not being from Italy, it was impossible for me to get tickets in the away end so I assume that was the same for the rest of the ones scattered around the stadium. Alas I still don't agree with celebrating in home ends, you're asking for trouble.

Onto the game itself, I'd say overall it was an even game, a draw would've been more than fair, both teams in the first half seemed very content with the way the game was going and nobody really took any risks, barring individual errors, most notably from Sturaro in the first five minutes and Lichtsteiner, City failed to carve any notable chance, nor did Juve, outside of the offside goal and Hernanes hitting the post. Both teams took pot shots, Cuadrado and Morata and Fernandinho and Kolarov but none were really troubling either keeper. Thought we did very well to funnel alot of your attacks inside and preventing Sterling isolating any player one and one, Silva also got marked very well by Hernanes, I also believe Pogba got the better of Toure for the most part.

Second half was completely different, first 10 minutes we stepped up a gear and started playing with alot more fluidity creating space between the lines and looking more confident, however City then scored with a goal that should've never stood, then really should've had a second minutes later, from there it seem to give us a second lease of life, we dominated in midfield, looked dangerous on the break and between Cuadrado and Morata's movement, I feel City were unable to deal with the spaces that were opening up, a wonder ball and finish by Mandzukic put us level then the only team who looked like scoring again was us, this was also replicated by numerous City fans sitting around me, we went on top and City were unable to muster any notable chance, De Bruyne got penned back the minute he came on and Silva became anonymous. The second goal the way it fell to Morata was fortunate but from there it was a sensational finish after that the game was secured and I thought it was useless to bring Aguero on when Bony was starved of service most of the game.

I don't think City have faced a well drilled team like this for along time, it was the same scenario in last seasons CL term mistake it for putting ten men behind the ball, like was so apparent for Chelsea, but Juventus actually played an attacking 4-3-3 last night and most of the time played two attacking players against every team last year, so I don't feel that's parking the bus.

Alot of posters underestimated Juventus, because we've lost so many star names, but once the younger players bed in and the team becomes settled, we have as much chance as City to win the CL.

On a final note, I read alot of the transfer forum over the summer, Tolmie is fantastic and a real reliable poster, but Pogba was never close to a move to City, any bid was rejected and Pogba I'm certain has been promised to Barca next summer unfortunately.

Posted the above on Bluemoon, let's see what they come back with.
    :tup:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I watched British stream and the commentators were shockingly honest. They were saying that Kompany's goal was illegal since the very first replay and never stopped mentioning it. In the post-match studio there were Gerrard and Ferdinand and both of them said the same thing and also praised Juventus like hell. I was really surprised.
    Yeah BT Sport commentators were pro Juve.
    Obviously I was watching that one on tv, but "Fletch" (Darren Fletcher, the BT commentator and popular radio talkshow host) and Steve McManaman are one of the better duos. McManaman is a well travelled guy and isn't just sat on the PL side, even though things might be a little different if it was Liverpool involved.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Hi. Doesn't change much. Morata was pretty bad as LW offensively speaking and mainly stood out due to hardworking defensive tasks. Sacrificed himself a bit, but wasn't ideal match those two except they were physically needed to batter City defence.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014

Nice :D

- - - Updated - - -

Hi. Doesn't change much. Morata was pretty bad as LW offensively speaking and mainly stood out due to hardworking defensive tasks. Sacrificed himself a bit, but wasn't ideal match those two except they were physically needed to batter City defence.
    Seems like 4-3-1-2 with Dybala behind them is the best option but where does that leave Cuadrado who is our best player so far and most inform.

Mar 30, 2006
    Holden was okay but that Nicol guy was insufferable.
    That Nicol guy is ultra ignorant though. He is very very lopsided to the English clubs. Former Liverpool player though and he can't be professional or objective. Always trying to take snipes and berate Juve or foreign teams. I dont think people take him seriously though because he is bitter and seemingly uneducated... it makes them more entertaining to have a guy like that on the show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)