[CL] Maccabi Haifa 0-1 Juventus, Nov 3rd, 2009 (3 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
and were not already on that path ??

Lets see if Atalanta handles us like Maccabi, or worse yet Napoli, then we'll see what you have to say
Unless the manager has either lost the majority of his matches thus far, had a blow up with the players or management, or intentionally forfeited a game, it's simply too early to sack someone at this stage. Sure, we may be seven points behind Inter, but we run the risk of becoming even worse under somebody else. You have to give people time, Vinni. Two months is not enough. Period.

If we end up losing more matches soon, and fall out of Europe, then you might be justified in sacking.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 14, 2003
C'mon Mike....I'm being realistic. We have only shown potential in 2 games this season, hardly acceptable when we've spent all this money to improve the team, and then hire someone with zero experience
I hear you brother, but I'm willing to come some slack to the team because of the horrendous injuries the team has suffered. Until we have a settled team, we can't make a final judgment. Don't get me wrong though, some of the performances, regardless of injuries have indeed been unacceptable.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
:juventus:

can i say one thing

i know even i have been a bit harsh on ciro, but 7 points behind inter ok its not the best situation to be in :p but ciro so far has dealt with an initial formation that showed potential in the pre season and in our first game, then rather abruptly failed, had to then change formations all this once again with injuries to key players. After all this we manage to find a new formation, once again lose key players to make this formation work to its full potential(sissoko, giovinco).

not only that but the players havent found consitency because of these injuries, this making it harder. Not to forget no bench available.

I think its very stupid to claim like some have that ciro should yell at the players at half time, why doesnt he do anything, he just stands there bla bla bla.
As if they know what he says to the players.

give Ciro more time, sacking him now would be the most stupid thing this club could do.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Gio can be our impact substitution, he can come in for Ale and we can change the system or he could play SS, or replace Diego in the hole, there are quite a few options...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Let's just see how Del Piero performs when he comes back. We can't keep relying on him forever, and even if he might have the desire, his body might not support him for that much longer.

We need to start looking beyond Del Piero, because the man has already done a lot for us, and we can't really ask anymore of him, or expect him to bail us out all the time.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
4-3-1-2 is failing because we were missing the most crucial component...I still believe it can be good for us
The 4-3-1-2 is built around Diego. Diego clearly struggled in that formation due to lack of support and very close marking. 4-2-3-1 and the support of Gio and Camo helps in terms of relieving pressure off Diego and allowing him to do his job. Would Del Piero really be enough? It would be a real shame to see Gio not still in the position where he can truely meet his potential. We saw how he did replacing Diego in the hole, he gets beaten up. I think Amauri probably works best as a lone striker too, which I think he used to at Palermo.

For me 4-2-3-1 is the best formation for the team, and 4-3-1-2 is the best for Del Piero. Its a massive dilemma between love and loyalty to Del Piero in addition to the spirit he brings onto the field and what formation suits the team best.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Few lucky guys,members of the official Juve club here in Israel who made it to the Hotel and took some fotos with the players.
I was one amember there,but unfortunatly for me i live far from them so it's hard for me to meet with them every week.anyway Forza Juve!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)