[CL] Maccabi Haifa 0-1 Juventus, Nov 3rd, 2009 (54 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Not a convincing display & not a beatiful win, but we got the 3 points. And in the end, that's all that matters.

I thought we started quite good, much influenced by Diego's play. For some reason however, we couldn't maintain our game & Maccabi got more & more comfortable. Luck was on our side though, so we went 0-1 up just before half time.

Our 2nd half was disgusting. I don't know what our game plan or approach was in the 2nd half, but we just refused to play. This should never happen, especially when you only have a one goal advantage.

Buffon 6,5 - One miracle like reflex, other than that a mostly quiet night. He did seem a bit insecure when it came to clearing the ball.
Caceres 6,5 - Absolutely no complaints about his 1st half. Sound defensive work & a nice assist. He was a bit more troubled in the second, but kept his own.
Legrottaglie 6,5 - Good game, brilliant at times. He can still deliver the goods.
Chiellini 6,5 - His usual self, which is quite good.
Grosso 6 - Our weak spot at the back (yesterday). He did make some important clearances, but, at times, he is completely unaware of his surroundings.
Poulsen 6 - Did what he's supposed to do, without a lot of trouble.
Melo 5 - Slightly better performance than against Napoli, but still not good enough. Still somewhat of a liability. There were a few moments where he lost the ball & he didn't even run or sprint back to regain it. What does he think in those moments? Someone else will clean up my mess?.
Camoranesi 6 - Nothing special, but probably our best "attacking" player yesterday.
Diego 5,5 - He was very involved and yet I can't be happy with his performance. He lost the ball countless times and his free kick delivery (apart from the direct one) was way below par. There are moments when he gets the ball and has 2 or 3 options to continue the attack, but instead he starts dribbling with the ball making things more difficult for himself & the rest of the team. In short, for every good thing I saw, there was also something bad.
Tiago 5 - Pretty weak. But what can we expect? He barely looks fit & he has to play in a position that does not suit him.
Amauri 4,5 - Weak & unlucky performance. Some people (a lot?) always say that playing with Trez is the same as playing with a man down. I'm afraid last night the same could be said for Amauri.

De Ceglie 5 - No improvement over Tiago.
Trezeguet -

Buy on AliExpress.com

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
I never claimed to be a fortune teller, but this post pretty much sums up our performance today

I felt as if I was being tortured while watching this match....and after watching Manure, Chelsea and the Milan-Real match, I've come to the conclusion that we are the SLOWEST team with the least amount of technical skills of any other CL team

Again, we let a group of small-time, no name players from a league that smaller than the league I play in here in Buffalo completely dominate us in the second half, and stuff pretty much everything we tried in the first half.

Camo's goal was pure luck, Caceres blindly cleared the ball to the top of the box from damn near the end line, and Camo one-timed it in...it was a nice shot, but one that wouldnt go in if he tried it again

Which leads me to the whole business of the one-striker system. IT DOESNT WORK FOR US !!! :( How much longer are we going to keep this going ??

With our performance today, I dont see us beating any Serie A teams, and dont be too surprised if Bayern pip us to the second CL spot in our group. Our team is slow, and have a hard time putting anything together...it fucking frustrating !!!

Ferrara has to go....we need a coach in here with some real experience, who is going to help this team improve. We havent improved one bit with Ciro on the bench, and its not going to get any better. The man has no gameplan, and doesnt make the proper adjustments during the game

We also have to get rid of the head frog in charge, who wouldnt know a football from my ball-sack......inexperienced coach + no experience frog in charge = DISASTER !!!

Buffon- saved our asses...AGAIN !!!

Caceres- was adequate, but will get burned by better players

Legro- no glaring mistakes

Chellini- solid, as always

Grosso- gets worse every time I watch him play...cant cover for shit

Camo- sweet goal...was pretty lucky with the shot. Tried to make things happen out there, but needs to link up with Diego more

Melo- lots of hustle, but needs to improve his passing...and temper

Poulsen- I will give him credit for his constant hustle, but when your giving hospital balls to a teammate thats only 4 feet away, then thats unacceptable

Tiago- completely WORTHLESS out there today. Lets pay a team to take him off our hands

Diego- was involved with all of our advances, but was alone most of the time with no one to pass to. He cant do it all himself, he needs other teammates to open up for him

Amauri- is NOT benefitting from the one striker system. Pretty anonymous this afternoon

DeCeglie- adds nothing to an already mediocre team

+rep
but people here are either blind or dreaming.

nabulio

Jan 31, 2008
ugly juve, 3 points. i saw no improvements and that was maccabi, not barcelona!! we are weak TBH, but i believe in this squad, forza juve.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
We got the result we needed, and Bordeaux got the result we needed. As long as we don't lose to Bayern, I think we're in 2nd.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Buffon 6,5 - One miracle like reflex, other than that a mostly quiet night. He did seem a bit insecure when it came to clearing the ball.
Caceres 6,5 - Absolutely no complaints about his 1st half. Sound defensive work & a nice assist. He was a bit more troubled in the second, but kept his own.
Legrottaglie 6,5 - Good game, brilliant at times. He can still deliver the goods.
Chiellini 6,5 - His usual self, which is quite good.
Grosso 6 - Our weak spot at the back (yesterday). He did make some important clearances, but, at times, he is completely unaware of his surroundings.
Poulsen 6 - Did what he's supposed to do, without a lot of trouble.
Melo 5 - Slightly better performance than against Napoli, but still not good enough. Still somewhat of a liability. There were a few moments where he lost the ball & he didn't even run or sprint back to regain it. What does he think in those moments? Someone else will clean up my mess?.
Camoranesi 6 - Nothing special, but probably our best "attacking" player yesterday.
Diego 5,5 - He was very involved and yet I can't be happy with his performance. He lost the ball countless times and his free kick delivery (apart from the direct one) was way below par. There are moments when he gets the ball and has 2 or 3 options to continue the attack, but instead he starts dribbling with the ball making things more difficult for himself & the rest of the team. In short, for every good thing I saw, there was also something bad.
Tiago 5 - Pretty weak. But what can we expect? He barely looks fit & he has to play in a position that does not suit him.
Amauri 4,5 - Weak & unlucky performance. Some people (a lot?) always say that playing with Trez is the same as playing with a man down. I'm afraid last night the same could be said for Amauri.

De Ceglie 5 - No improvement over Tiago.
Trezeguet -
Melo had a lot better game than Tiago; Diego was far better than Camo, even though Camoranesi scored, Diego put a hell of a performance there. And also, Amauri deserves better rating then Tiago, maybe 5.5.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Not a great game,but great expirience for me as i was in the stadium watching it.
Gigi,Poulsen and Legro throwed the gloves and shirts to the crowd(juve fans area)
were not few Juve fans around the stadium.it was pretty full with 40k people.

Seeing Juve live is one of those things you'll never forget!!

Forza JUVE!!!!

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
No MOM poll for this one?
The ref when he whistled to end the match

We were boring and we shouldn`t struggle like that against a team like Maccabi
If we continue this way and we accidently get Barcelona in the knockout we would concede 5 goals home and 5 away

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
LOL at wanting to sack Ciro now. :sergio:

People on these forums are fucking ridiculous sometimes. If he manages to win something this season, I can just imagine the cock sucking that will ensue.
Well, I wont be one of them, and you can guarantee that

And the chances of him winning something this season are about the same as my going over to Australia to have a Vegemite sandwich :p

True that, opinions are swayed after every game its just ridiculous. Whatever happened to patience
I've consistently said we've played poorly this season...shame on those who get an erection after 2 good displays this entire season

It worked against Sampdoria and everyone was like WOOOOW we must play with this system for the rest of the season.

Have you seen Bayern playing recently? Yes, without Ribery but we're without our captain, sissoko, marchisio, IQ and Giovinco.

The only game Amauri played really well this season was against sampdoria playing with this system. He was unstoppable. Was he? or was it all about Gio and Diego?
1st point- it worked one stinking game, then look at how poor we were against Napoli...we had one good goal from Trez, were gifted the second by Giovinco, and were outplayed the entire game

2nd point- so, we are now comparing Maccabi with Bordeaux ?? Do you think Bayern are going to have any difficulties destroying Maccabi ?? I'm sorry, what was the score of their first game ???

We should have been able to beat these amateurs handily with the players we had on the field...I'm sick of the injuries excuses. These guys are getting paid pretty big money to perform, and many arent

3rd point- again, it was one game.....the 2 striker system is the way to go...that way, we always have one forward in the box, with the one striker system, most of the time no one is in the box

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I never claimed to be a fortune teller, but this post pretty much sums up our performance today

I felt as if I was being tortured while watching this match....and after watching Manure, Chelsea and the Milan-Real match, I've come to the conclusion that we are the SLOWEST team with the least amount of technical skills of any other CL team

Again, we let a group of small-time, no name players from a league that smaller than the league I play in here in Buffalo completely dominate us in the second half, and stuff pretty much everything we tried in the first half.

Ferrara has to go....we need a coach in here with some real experience, who is going to help this team improve. We havent improved one bit with Ciro on the bench, and its not going to get any better. The man has no gameplan, and doesnt make the proper adjustments during the game

We also have to get rid of the head frog in charge, who wouldnt know a football from my ball-sack......inexperienced coach + no experience frog in charge = DISASTER !!!
Actually i believe one good coach can make a change and impact for a team. We can see how Conte and Mazzari do in Atalanta and Napoli. Before they came, those 2 clubs rarely won but now they perform better.

Also with the coach like Alex Ferguson, even when some of your key player is gone (like C. Ronaldo) they team always consistent with their performance and result.

But you can't sack Ferrara without give some solution who are gonna replace him. Do u want Spaletti? But he can't coach 2 clubs in Serie A on 1 season. Mancini? high wage and he is an ex-Inter coach when we suffered in Calciopoli. I don't think there is one good possible candidate that will become upgrade from Ferrara now.

From what i see Ferrara is inexperienced but has the character, enthusiasm, and talent to become a good coach. Give him some time

Sep 14, 2003
Says a lot about how bad we've been recently (minus against Sampdoria of course) that I'm relatively happy with the result.

I know we can do better though, so there's no need to feel like its the end on the world or other such melodramas.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
While others apparently have no problem turning the club into Inter, sacking a manager after only two months in office.

You start down this path, there isn't much turning back. The season will be ruined prematurely.
and were not already on that path ??

Lets see if Atalanta handles us like Maccabi, or worse yet Napoli, then we'll see what you have to say

Says a lot about how bad we've been recently (minus against Sampdoria of course) that I'm relatively happy with the result.

I know we can do better though, so there's no need to feel like its the end on the world or other such melodramas.
C'mon Mike....I'm being realistic. We have only shown potential in 2 games this season, hardly acceptable when we've spent all this money to improve the team, and then hire someone with zero experience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)