[CL] Juventus 0-2 Barcelona [October 28th, 2020] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Szczesny

Cuadrado Danilo Demiral Frabotta

Kulusevski Rabiot Arthur Chiesa

Morata Ronaldo

- Dybala if Ronaldo is out
Dybala needs to play. He needs consistency. At least give him a run of 3-4 games to build on those final 20-25 minutes against Verona. He's not good coming off the bench, so I'd rather we have more of an impact sub, in case we need a goal or want to chase the victory late on.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The good - We are playing Barcelona so I expect our players to give more
The bad - We are far from being ready.

I dont think Pirlo needs to be judged right now.
I think he deserves 5 more games to find the system

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
The good - We are playing Barcelona so I expect our players to give more
The bad - We are far from being ready.

I dont think Pirlo needs to be judged right now.
I think he deserves 5 more games to find the system
It is impossible in 5 more games that Pirlo complex system will be understood by players I think we need to go back to traditional 4-3-3 formation

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It is impossible in 5 more games that Pirlo complex system will be understood by players I think we need to go back to traditional 4-3-3 formation
Its all interpretations but I give him 5 more games to show the team`s potential which means if we play like this for 3 more games but then play very well in 2 games it means there might be a change and then few more games to finalize the assessment on him.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Barca are ass tbh. They have Koeman, another overrated turd of a coach, and they lost two consecutive games in La Liga. Yes, they disposed of the part time plumbers and electricians of Ferencvaros, but they've been largely unconvincing.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I'm not life long football knowledge expert, but I would think common sense says 4 > 3 defenders. Especially with so many wide open spaces allowed to the opponents during counters.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Just play 442 in both defense and attack. We played better all three times we were forced to stop transitioning to back 3 in attack and transition back to 442 in defense (after the two reds and Bonucci injury).

Woj
Cuadra Demiwall Dan/Drag Frab
Chiesa Ben10 Rabiot Ramsey
Kulusexy Morata

Ronaldo sub for attack if available, not Dybala's dumbass

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Just play 442 in both defense and attack. We played better all three times we were forced to stop transitioning to back 3 in attack and transition back to 442 in defense (after the two reds and Bonucci injury).

Woj
Cuadra Demiwall Dan/Drag Frab
Chiesa Ben10 Rabiot Ramsey
Kulusexy Morata

Ronaldo sub for attack if available, not Dybala's dumbass
What does that mean, that Cuads and Frabotta should stay back and not push forward when we attack?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Normal 442 where one or both FBs overlap
But that's what we do now I believe - one fullback pushes forward while the other stays back. The only difference to previous years from what I see is that one of the fullbacks (Cuads) always pushes up while the other (Danilo)always stays back instead of them alternating depending on what side of the field the play is at the moment. But the shape is the same and it's still a back 4 to me. Cuads-Demiral-Bon-Danilo

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
4-2-3-1 looks like the best formation for us so far.
Our XI against Barca would look something like:
Tek
Cuadrado Danilo Demiral Frabotta
Arthur/Bentancur Rabiot/Mckennie
Kulu Ramsey/Dybala Chiesa
Morata

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
But that's what we do now I believe - one fullback pushes forward while the other stays back. The only difference to previous years from what I see is that one of the fullbacks (Cuads) always pushes up while the other (Danilo)always stays back instead of them alternating depending on what side of the field the play is at the moment. But the shape is the same and it's still a back 4 to me. Cuads-Demiral-Bon-Danilo
It's a clear back 3, not a case of one FB being slightly less attacking than other. Danilo plays much more inside than traditional more conservative FB would. He's almost like a CM.

After Bonucci injury, both Cuadra and Frabotta overlapped, former more than latter.

In our back 3 attacking shape you also have one of the SMs transitioning to AM, leaving that whole flank to the FB, and then he has to go back to SM in 442.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
This Barca isn't specially good. We aren't ready, and they aren't either. They have won 1 match in 4 and that was home against Ferencvaros. Of course in CL I expect them to raise their level but the same is true for us.

Their backline will likely be:

Alba - Lenglet - Araujo - Dest
Neto​
Yes, it's that bad.

We should be able to score against them and make it difficult for them to commit their fullbacks too much in attack. IF Ronaldo makes it I expect to win, otherwise who knows. With Chiesa, Ronaldo, Morata, Kulusevski running at those scrubs I expect to beat them.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
This Barca isn't specially good. We aren't ready, and they aren't either. They have won 1 match in 4 and that was home against Ferencvaros. Of course in CL I expect them to raise their level but the same is true for us.

Their backline will likely be:

Alba - Lenglet - Araujo - Dest
Neto​
Yes, it's that bad.

We should be able to score against them and make it difficult for them to commit their fullbacks too much in attack. IF Ronaldo makes it I expect to win, otherwise who knows. With Chiesa, Ronaldo, Morata, Kulusevski running at those scrubs I expect to beat them.
It's not that bad tbh. Dest is pretty damn good, Alba is experienced and Lenglet is 50-50. It's actually the lack of work morale up in the pitch, that makes their defense "vulnerable".

Should not underestimate them, even they ain't in a great form.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
It's a clear back 3, not a case of one FB being slightly less attacking than other. Danilo plays much more inside than traditional more conservative FB would. He's almost like a CM.

After Bonucci injury, both Cuadra and Frabotta overlapped, former more than latter.

In our back 3 attacking shape you also have one of the SMs transitioning to AM, leaving that whole flank to the FB, and then he has to go back to SM in 442.
Mm, IMO the position of Danilo was where any LB would be while the RB attacks. The match report confirms that (player average position/ball possession) - http://www.legaseriea.it/en/match-report-pdf/A/2020-21/UNICO/UNI/5/JUVVER
It looks different viewing on TV because Danilo didn't get forward at all (until later on when were chasing goals) so he looks like a CB in a back 3. But who defends attacks from the opposition right wing?

Later on both fullbacks attacked, but that doesn't change the shape of the defence. That reminds me of what Pirlo said. Something like "it's less about the position than the interpretation of the role" Both Danilo and Frabotta were the LB in that game, but did their roles differently.

A back 3 is what we played with Conte and Allegri at times, this isn't that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)