[CL] JUVENTUS 3-0 Atlético de Madrid [March 12th, 2019] (16 Viewers)

VOTE CAZZO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Barca fan here. As a fan of spanish La Liga all I can say is that you ruined your chances in the first leg already and that I don't see any way how you could turn this tie around. Turning 2-0 against this Atletico team seems like mission impossible tbh. Simeone's teams are really pain in the ass to play in the two matches tie. Their defence is very tight and will not allow many opportunities especially because your midfield line is full of average players like Can, Matuidi and Pjanic. It's something completely different for CR7 if he gets the delivery from maestros llike Modric, Kroos, Marcelo than from average ones like Can, Matuidi, etc. Juve's midfield is simply not at the high enough level that is required to win the champions league. Furthermore, your CBs are getting older and slower and they started declining already. I think that Atletico will score at least once tonight because your team doesn't know how to defend when you're trailing. Juventus is only good when they have the lead and they defend it like against Barcelona 2 seasons ago. But once they have to open and score goals, they leave their defence wide open, like against Real in the Cardiff final.
If the referees helps us like they did with Barca against PSG, everything is possible even with our youth team we can defeat Atletico.

Buy on AliExpress.com

BarcaFan

Apr 17, 2017
If the referees helps us like they did with Barca against PSG, everything is possible even with our youth team we can defeat Atletico.
The referee can't be that helpful anymore due to the VAR. VAR changed a lot of things and is one of the reasons RM didn't advance past Ajax. If the VAR was implemented in the previous seasons, Real wouldn't win the threepeat.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
There's only one scenario when Juventus have literally no chances tonight - if Max stubbornly uses 4-3-3. Any other formation opens a lot of options. And, since Max tested 3-5-2 on the weekend, he's aware of this too. If it's 4-3-3 again tonight, it will be the sign that Allegri gave up and doesn't have answers anymore, and doesn't have guts for bold moves. In this case he will be no different to Sarri in terms of tactical flexibility, which would be a very sad ending of the very promising story.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Barca fan here. As a fan of spanish La Liga all I can say is that you ruined your chances in the first leg already and that I don't see any way how you could turn this tie around. Turning 2-0 against this Atletico team seems like mission impossible tbh. Simeone's teams are really pain in the ass to play in the two matches tie. Their defence is very tight and will not allow many opportunities especially because your midfield line is full of average players like Can, Matuidi and Pjanic. It's something completely different for CR7 if he gets the delivery from maestros llike Modric, Kroos, Marcelo than from average ones like Can, Matuidi, etc. Juve's midfield is simply not at the high enough level that is required to win the champions league. Furthermore, your CBs are getting older and slower and they started declining already. I think that Atletico will score at least once tonight because your team doesn't know how to defend when you're trailing. Juventus is only good when they have the lead and they defend it like against Barcelona 2 seasons ago. But once they have to open and score goals, they leave their defence wide open, like against Real in the Cardiff final.
Atletico is good especially in defense but Juventus are superior to Atletico and will show it tonight!
Yes the first leg defeat is tough to swallow but Juve can definitely beat Atletico 2-0 to make it to overtime + Juve can beat Atletico by even more than 2-0 but we will need a fantastic display for this one...
Atletico are good but I dont think they are anything special..

Last year 3-0 home defeat was tougher to overcome on paper yet we managed to comeback to 3-3 aggregate score and it lasted until the final minutes in which Real got a dubious penalty (as a Juve fan I say it wasnt a penalty but with an outsider look its actually kind of a 50/50 call)

P.S I hope Lyon do the impossible and get a draw (different from 0-0) or even surprise and win but Im not very optimistic for this one..

- - - Updated - - -

There's only one scenario when Juventus have literally no chances tonight - if Max stubbornly uses 4-3-3. Any other formation opens a lot of options. And, since Max tested 3-5-2 on the weekend, he's aware of this too. If it's 4-3-3 again tonight, it will be the sign that Allegri gave up and doesn't have answers anymore, and doesn't have guts for bold moves. In this case he will be no different to Sarri in terms of tactical flexibility, which would be a very sad ending of the very promising story.
Formation can help but its not the only thing that matters
We can play 3-5-2 and lose while win with 4-3-3
The most important thing is ideas and determination (especially the latter because you know Atletico will be determined)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
nobody cares, fag

please consider suicide

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Formation can help but its not the only thing that matters
We can play 3-5-2 and lose while win with 4-3-3
The most important thing is ideas and determination (especially the latter because you know Atletico will be determined)
Sure. But the formation change is exactly about that - ideas and determination to use whatever this team have in order to win. Yes, this club don't have the midfield. Yes, it cannot be fixed right now. So there's no reason to stick to the formation that is 100% dependent on this link. Reinforce the back line in the center, reinforce the midfield on the flanks, make the opposite side deal with 2 forwards in the penalty box instead of 1 - this is what 3-5-2 would mean in this particular situation.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Sure. But the formation change is exactly about that - ideas and determination to use whatever this team have in order to win. Yes, this club don't have the midfield. Yes, it cannot be fixed right now. So there's no reason to stick to the formation that is 100% dependent on this link. Reinforce the back line in the center, reinforce the midfield on the flanks, make the opposite side deal with 2 forwards in the penalty box instead of 1 - this is what 3-5-2 would mean in this particular situation.
I dont know I dont like how we attack with 3-5-2 under Allegri... With Conte the 3-5-2 was different...
4-2-3-1 would have been the answer IMO but now with D.Costa injured it means we dont have too many players to play this formation...
In any case whatever the formation we choose just run at them like creative gladiators and we will triumph!

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017
Who's available on the bench?
dybala , kean , and hans

- - - Updated - - -

commit death

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
I dont know I dont like how we attack with 3-5-2 under Allegri... With Conte the 3-5-2 was different...
4-2-3-1 would have been the answer IMO but now with D.Costa injured it means we dont have too many players to play this formation...
The problem with any formation with only 2 CBs is that Bonucci is not ready for the pressure, especially when it means that he has to handle additional load that falls on his shoulders due to nonexistent midfield. When it's 3 CBs, the situation is different, and it even opens up the possibility to use Bonucci's creativity.

I agree that Allegri's 3-5-2 looks less persuasive than Conte's one. But I still believe it would be better than this 4-3-3.

Also, I'm not really sure that Atletico will sit on their side and wait for a counter-attack options from the very beginning. Simeone might surprise everyone with the fierce pressing and attacking flows from the very beginning, to score that one goal and make the opposite side absolutely hopeless. With 4-3-3 Juventus will be basically inviting them to do that, and it will be basically the part 2 of the second half of the first leg.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
All I can say is no shit Sherlock. Thanks for pointing out that we need a miracle. We wouldn't have figured it out without you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
dybala , kean , and hans
With that lineup we will struggle to create much so whoever we bring off the bench will be important. I can see us not scoring before midway through the second half. Hopefully we don't concede before (obviously)

The only attacking options we have are Dybala and Kean. Otherwise we can take off a midfielder for a CB and move to 3-4-3 for more width.

We'll sub either Berna or Spinazzola for Dybala, and Can for Rugani or Caceres (not necessarily in that order) :cronios:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The referee can't be that helpful anymore due to the VAR. VAR changed a lot of things and is one of the reasons RM didn't advance past Ajax. If the VAR was implemented in the previous seasons, Real wouldn't win the threepeat.
Agreed, even better that your club are fucked too. Deserved for all that faggy mes que un club shit.

but at least you can still get away with your cheating, diving, biting soap opera in La Liga.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
That's what Juventus were good at several years ago, not this season. We don't know what this Juventus are good at. Tonight is a great opportunity to figure it out.
this

- - - Updated - - -

And you are right my friend.

Welcome to the forums btw

BarcaFan

Apr 17, 2017
Agreed, even better that your club are fucked too. Deserved for all that faggy mes que un club shit.

but at least you can still get away with your cheating, diving, biting soap opera in La Liga.
Barca is not fucked in any means at all. With PSG and RM out we're the favorites to win the CL this season. With Messi in such form, we won't need any help from VAR tbh. Looking forward to blow Lyon out and show the rest of the world we're in for the business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)