[CL] JUVENTUS 0-3 Real Madrid [April 3rd 2018] (16 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So... We will probably go with the 4-3-3
Rugani vs Barzagli - Barzagli will probably get the nod as he is the better defender and has more experience in him
Why should Rugani start?! - He is faster than Barzagli and it might count vs Real
Its a tough one to pick..

Marchisio vs Bentancur - Marchisio is a shadow of the shadow of himself.. Marchisio on form is great but we all know he is playing 1 or 2 games out of 10 at the level we want and need. Marchisio has more experience.
Bentancur - latest performances suggest he is on form + He is probably better than current Marchisio - Even if Marchisio is loved by everyone playing Marchisio over Bentancur doesnt seems like the best decision to make but who knows..

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I think Real will approach the game in a similar way to Cardiff and we must cover the space between the defence and midfield. Also them corners are going to hurt us bad so we need every man marking Ronaldo and Ramos :D.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Nah, barca was there for the taking last year. That victory was much easier to predict.
Exactly, Barca had too many weaknesses which PSG exploited before they collapsed. I'm struggling to spot any weaknesses in this Real and they are getting better with each match.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I think Real will approach the game in a similar way to Cardiff and we must cover the space between the defence and midfield. Also them corners are going to hurt us bad so we need every man marking Ronaldo and Ramos :D.

I think we can surprise them with intensity - especially on the start as I think they expect us to sit and wait for them (which might be the right approach but if we can hurt them early on - counters will be much more effective..)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
One thing..

Compared to last season I can firmly say we have an attack comparable to them. Not better obviously but comparable.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Cristiano Ronaldo makes any attack a potential winner. Otherwise our attack is better. Benzema and Bale aren't doing much nowadays. Isco is great and Asensio is promising but off form. Ronaldo is the trump card as always.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I think we can surprise them with intensity - especially on the start as I think they expect us to sit and wait for them (which might be the right approach but if we can hurt them early on - counters will be much more effective..)
I doubt they expect that, Allegri always starts his big games with an offensive, I doubt this'll be any different tonight. I just hope we don't blow all of our stamina in the first 30 minutes like last season

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Exactly, Barca had too many weaknesses which PSG exploited before they collapsed. I'm struggling to spot any weaknesses in this Real and they are getting better with each match.

Their only weakness is probably upfront with Benzema and others being inconsistent but one Cristiano compensates for every weakness in their attack

Basically to beat them, we have to try and outscore them. Only way we win this tie.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
One thing..

Compared to last season I can firmly say we have an attack comparable to them. Not better obviously but comparable.
I agree.

Too bad our current midfield is like a Sassuolo midfield compared to the 14/15 version.

Anyway I think we can do it over two legs. Just need to be clinical as fuck, don’t butcher our chances, put as much pressure as we can on their suspect defensive line and obviously do whatever we can do to limit one of the all time GOATs. No easy task at all, but not impossible.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
They have the superior fullbacks, a far superior midfield (it's no contest tbh), and a better attack. It'll take an epic performance to get anything out of this.
It's football though, what matters most is who's got the better team and has the character needed for these kind of games. This team can beat anyone, we just need a little bit of luck and a lot of heart. In La Liga alone Real have lost 5 and drew 6 games, surely they're not invincible

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I guess Marchisio is A not fit at all or B completely on the outer
He's been fit for a while now. His form, while not at its peak yet, isn't that much of an issue to be at least considered as second choice. If he's below Bentancur in the pecking order, I'm afraid we are at the end of the Marchisio story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)