[CL] Champions League 2012/13 (7 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Ribery and Robben always going inwards, they will face Licht and Barzagli and Asamoah and Chiellini respectively and cancel themselves out. Our defence does best against physical strikers, so Mandzukic will have a very difficult time. I think we are able to cancel their attacking threat. If Marchisio and Vidal are on their game we can get the upper hand in the middle as well.

As for our efficiency up front.. Matri needs to play. Quag's oppertunism may be useful in a knockout game like this as well.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Inter (A)
Bayern (A)
Pescara (H)
Bayern (H)
Lazio (A)

All in space of 15 days.
Playing Inter, a semi-good team, ahead of Bayern, is a good thing imo. You don't wanna play some crap like Pescara before facing Bayern for the first time. You need a proper "workout" ahead of such a match, and Inter will provide it.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Quag and Vucinic upfront.

Licht and Asamoah to mark R & R out of the game. Our defence & MF always look to defend against counter and hard pressing from MF. Guarantee that Conte will leave an extra midfielder (probs Marchisio) back when we are attacking to stop counter.

GG.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I think our game matches theirs very well.

Our defenders are fucking awesome. Buffon + 3CBs + Litch and Asamoah on the wings + Vidal + Marchisio + Pirlo ripping everybody and running like hell.

The key here is fitness. Juve must be 100%, our game is pretty physicall, mainly because it relies on the mids running all the pitch. Let's use the reserves in the game before in Serie A, no matter against who.

The other key factor is our strikers performance. If Vucinic is in a good day and succeeds at holding the ball and creating plays on the counter, and if Matri is in a good hair day, we stand a very good chance here. It's more about luck, 'cause you never know how concentrated will these 2 guys be.

I'd say Bayern are slight favorites, like 55-45. But we stand a very good chance. I can definitely see a draw in the first game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)