[CL] Champions League 2012/13 (4 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I wouldn't mind Galatasaray, but I'd prefer PSG. It's not only about the motivation of the Turkish players. Celtic had it too and it didn't do them any good. But Galata also has some quality foreigners with some huge CL experience. Sneijder and Drogba might be off form, but if there is a striker who can trouble our defense, it's Drogba. Muslera, Riera, Felipe Melo and Eboue are also fine players. Their foreigners in combination with the domestic players make a solid and dangerous side. I believe we'd beat them though, so I'd be happy if we get them, but, like I said, I prefer PSG because those guys are still gelling and the individuals are yet to make a team there. Also, we won't be top favs and I think that might suit us well, even though we did fine when we were hot favorites vs Celtic.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
So @Red out of Bayern/Barca/Real/Bvb, who do you think our style of play would have a better chance against, at the quarters?
I see Dortmund as an ideal opponent because I think we could exploit their defensive weaknesses. But nevertheless I would like us to meet Barcelona. Last night I think Milan were unlucky and they conceded some goals cheaply, specially the second one. Had Buffon been there he would have tipped couple of those. Don't forget Niang's chance which would have changed the course of the game. Last nights Barcelona wasn't Barcelona couple of years ago and I thing against ours Chiellini, Barzagli and Bonucci those midgets would have trouble finding space. In the end there is always Buffon.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
After that football lesson Spain gave to Italy in the euro final, I'd wish for every opponent but Barca. I fear that Milan's failure yesterday will be costly for Juve, because if we get Barca we're done. Maybe with quicker attackers who can play deadly counters we could stand a chance, but looking at the characteristics of our strikers, I don't give Juve more than 10% chance to eliminate Barca.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Fools, we don't want Barcelona.
I'm confident we could overcome them. This team has enough quality. Milan's midfield is one of their worst ones in the last 20 years and defense with Constant as LB was embarrasing. He was at direct fault at third goal. What would you expect with Flamini, Montolivo and Ambrosini? Only Montolivo can make some difference the other two are useless. We made them a huge favour last year wen Pasquato injured Flamini. Look at them this year with Flamini playing.:D

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
After that football lesson Spain gave to Italy in the euro final, I'd wish for every opponent but Barca. I fear that Milan's failure yesterday will be costly for Juve, because if we get Barca we're done. Maybe with quicker attackers who can play deadly counters we could stand a chance, but looking at the characteristics of our strikers, I don't give Juve more than 10% chance to eliminate Barca.
This. I think our recent success has made some around here a little too cocky about how we rank up against the top foreign sides. Those calling for Barca are a little bit ridiculous.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
:tup:

Especially if Pirlo plays in front of the back 3.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
Bring on whoever. I ain't fussed. As long as we don't get Tonked.
I'm confident we could overcome them. This team has enough quality. Milan's midfield is one of their worst ones in the last 20 years and defense with Constant as LB was embarrasing. He was at direct fault at third goal.
Barca is the only team I'd like to avoid as I don't think we stand a chance against them.

We would need to make the best out of our counters and we're simply not good at it.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'm confident we could overcome them. This team has enough quality. Milan's midfield is one of their worst ones in the last 20 years and defense with Constant as LB was embarrasing. He was at direct fault at third goal.
Milan had quick feet up front with Niang, Boateng and SES. In Milano they played really nice defense, but their transformation from defense to attack was very good and they did things real quick. We just don't have that. We might defend better than Milan, but we won't attack Barca as successfully. Giving the other team the possession worked against Celtic, but it was easy to defend against them and all we had to do in attack was play long balls from defense to Matri/Mirko/Quag. Their defenders were doing the rest of the job.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
you assume barca will play like that for every game and i guarantee that they will be go back being barca before yesterday's game once they get a another win or two in the league under their belt.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Barca is the only team I'd like to avoid as I don't think we stand a chance against them.

We would need to make the best out of our counters and we're simply not good at it.
Our 352 would work against them. Italy last summer played 1-1 in the first game against Spain with that formation. Later with 4312 they collapsed. Not enough width.

Milan had quick feet up front with Niang, Boateng and SES. In Milano they played really nice defense, but their transformation from defense to attack was very good and they did things real quick. We just don't have that. We might defend better than Milan, but we won't attack Barca as successfully. Giving the other team the possession worked against Celtic, but it was easy to defend against them and all we had to do in attack was play long balls from defense to Matri/Mirko/Quag. Their defenders were doing the rest of the job.
Milan has poor midfield and defense. Two out of three parts of that team don't work. It remains to be seen if what our attack against them would be, but we wouldn't make some silly mistakes as they did last night. Attackers aren't the only one who create chances. They are product of a teamwork. Something we do better than this Milan side.
you assume barca will play like that for every game and i guarantee that they will be go back being barca before yesterday's game once they get a another win or two in the league under their belt.
My thoughts exactly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)