[CL] Champions League 2011/12 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
useful result for my fellas - missions #1 not to concede an away goal is completed, the 2nd one one - going thru - will have to await for the other game where a scoring draw would be enough :)
Not overly happy with the play in the 1st half but a number of players - Nesta, Seedorf, Boa, Binho - didn't have much gas in the tank, so it was the right thing to do. And Barca should have had a PK there too :p. Much better 2nd half by Milan by keeping the ball away and not allowing much pressure on the defense.
Hope Nesta was just tired, as I expected he would be by 70th min and not injured, 'cause at Camp Nou with Mexes and Bonera at CB won't be easy to keep Barca at bay. On the bright side, MvB and Abate should be back, while some other players should be fitter.

Special mention for Nesta, Bonera, Ambro and Anto, as well as my beloved Clarence :D

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
barca might score in the return but so can Milan, don't lose hope. I said it from the beginning of the season that Milan is the only team that can upset barca and it is being proven.
:agree:

Milan are weaker than both Bayern and Real but they have a greater chance of eliminating Barca in a two-legged tie. I hope for a 0-0 in 120 minutes and here's hoping for Milan beating Barca in the penalties :xfinger:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
barca might score in the return but so can Milan, don't lose hope. I said it from the beginning of the season that Milan is the only team that can upset barca and it is being proven.
:tup:

patience and tactical discipline and the goal scoring chances will come ... we'll just need to take them. Getting this Barca out with an under-powered Milan team would take a chess-game like approach and I am happy Allegri learned his lesson from the previous meeting between the two.

---------- Post added 28.03.2012 at 15:09 ----------

Barca were denied 2 penalties, not 1, ACM.
just one, sweet cookie, in the 2nd situation Bonera, I think won better position for the ball than Messi and if there was a foul at all it started outside the PA even if the midget did fall inside.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Milan are definitely not going through.

Their back line had a night to remember, but next fixture at Camp Nou, they're going to get pulverized. A 2-3 goal margin from Barcelona for sure.

Barcelona 3 - 1 Milan

They're lucky they didn't concede those PKs, they're lucky Bonera, Mesbah and Antonini played the game of their lives, but all that will change next fixture.

Congrats to them though, for holding Barca off, but luck was on their side.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
:tup:

patience and tactical discipline and the goal scoring chances will come ... we'll just need to take them. Getting this Barca out with an under-powered Milan team would take a chess-game like approach and I am happy Allegri learned his lesson from the previous meeting between the two.

---------- Post added 28.03.2012 at 15:09 ----------

just one, sweet cookie, in the 2nd situation Bonera, I think won better position for the ball than Messi and if there was a foul at all it started outside the PA even if the midget did fall inside.
That was a foul similar to the penalty that arsenal got , it was a foul , but still as you say it wasn't a penalty it was outside the box . The second penalty was done by mesbah blatantly holding pyol from his shirt in the box in the occasion of his header

---------- Post added 28.03.2012 at 23:12 ----------

Was aqualiani aviable on this one ?

Vikinga

Feb 19, 2012
Check my signature. Also, Bonera-Mexes did a pretty good job for the time Nesta was off, so yeah I wouldn't be too bothered by that. Also Abate returns so Antonini can go back to his flank.

JCK I haven't lost hope but just trying to be realistic, if the loss comes it's expected if anything else then yeah obviously like if anyone here was in the same situation, I'll go $#@!ing crazy. Barcelona did play right into Milan's hands also.
Better being bitter than your fake classy-ness.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
That was a foul similar to the penalty that arsenal got , it was a foul , but still as you say it wasn't a penalty it was outside the box . The second penalty was done by mesbah blatantly holding pyol from his shirt in the box in the occasion of his header

---------- Post added 28.03.2012 at 23:12 ----------

Was aqualiani aviable on this one ?
will give you the benefit of the doubt - never saw/don't remember the pulling shirt moment on Puyol ... let's just say that Barca have had enough ref help thru the last 2-3 years to make up for 20 100% PKs not given :D

yes, he was available even if not at 100% as he just recently came back from a long-injury lay-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)