[CL] Champions League 2010/11 (10 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I've never been a fan of Pedro. Always called him the Spanish Rafaele Palladino, just a little shorter.

Barca fanboys seem to love him because of the same Marchisio effect that our man Claudio enjoys from his time in the youth system. Otherwise...
Marchisio doesnt score 20+ goals a season nor assist 10+. Or he wouldnt be in his position, but I mean have the impact and productivity thats similar to that but on his position. I would love it if Marchisio played that well for us.

Spanish Palladino is BS, one is benched in Genoa and Parma, the other scores games regurarly in big games and does the above mentionned.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Pedro is a decent player, he does quite well for Spain as well. Plus, Barca or no Barca, the guy is a good finisher, an energetic player and above all he scores in the big occasions. Saying he's the Spanish Palladino is laughable to say the least. Seriously, its one thing to say he's not as good as he looks, its another thing to compare him to a midtable team bench warmer.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is very good finisher and excellent at taking position (against Arsenal and Man U, both goal those goals, perfect example of well timed runs/positional awareness), he is a hardworking winger/AM basically, But he has the finishing and positional sense of a true clinical striker.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Marchisio doesnt score 20+ goals a season nor assist 10+. Or he wouldnt be in his position, but I mean have the impact and productivity thats similar to that but on his position. I would love it if Marchisio played that well for us.

Spanish Palladino is BS, one is benched in Genoa and Parma, the other scores games regurarly in big games and does the above mentionned.
Marchisio plays about as well for us as Pedro does for Barca, IMO. And comparing goal tallies is absurd given the difference in position -- let alone the difference in the class of his teammates.

I still stand by The Spanish Palladino reference. I would stay away from him: he looks 10x better because he plays alongside the best passers in the world. Otherwise, I have seen him blow a far higher percentage of sure shots than, say, Matri. And Matri isn't exactly World Class, as much as I like the guy. His finishing is average at best. Remove the fantastic setup from his teammates, and he's mediocre.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004

he's carried by the league and team he plays for

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Pedro is a decent player, he does quite well for Spain as well. Plus, Barca or no Barca, the guy is a good finisher, an energetic player and above all he scores in the big occasions. Saying he's the Spanish Palladino is laughable to say the least. Seriously, its one thing to say he's not as good as he looks, its another thing to compare him to a midtable team bench warmer.
Put Pedro on Genoa, and nobody would have heard of him and virtually nobody but the FM players would care.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Non of what you say makes much sense at all, except that he looks and plays better then he is because of the team he plays for. True for all Barca players, spoilt by their teammates quality/cohesion, and yes Pedro is one of the weaker players in their team, but that says nothing, because his teammates are almost all world class.

But to say he is a Palladino and his impact is the same as Marchisio is for us? It just has no bearing on reality whatsoever. How can you dismiss someone who is that productive, and scores in big games consistently, to the impact Marchisio has for us? (despite the difference in team and position, not comparable) Or that he is the similar quality of a HACK like Palladino, who is fringe player material even in small/midtable teams, nothing else.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Put Palladino in for Pedro on Barca, and I don't think anyone would know the difference.
I think that's just cause they look similar. From certain angles I think I'm watching Busquets and it turns out it's Pedro. Put Pedro as an AM and those three would make the most mind tripping mid ever.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I know this your pet peeve and all, Pedro somehow is your Kryptonite, because you pretty sensible/logical dude ingeneral, but its really a joke. Palladino cant even hold a starting spot in Parma, Genoa, was crap for Livorno, crap for us. And you think a guy who scored 20+ goals in last two seasons (this season included) is as bad as a hack like Palladino.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I've seen Pedro play about 15-20 times in matches I've watched with my neighbor since the World Cup last year. 90% of those matches, the commentary among us both is, "What a waste of a setup/what a waste of a pass. I don't get why Guardiola is playing that guy." Missed traps. Flubbed touches knocked out of play. Destruction of triangles.

The other 10% of the matches he's delivered and I've said, "OK, he's had a good/decent match."

10% of the time is not good enough for Barca or Spain. That's Palladino-esque in every sense of the word.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
So he only delivers in 10% of the games, but has 39 starts (13 subbed in) with 22 goals, and 10 assists. Wow, he is VERY busy in 10% of his games, dont you think?

And that is Palladino-esque? Shit, you should call the Michellin fatman in Parma, he doesnt know what his club is missing benching Palladino most of the season.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
He's busy mostly in the matches I don't see, it seems to suggest. I have seen him score once and only once, yesterday, in those 15-20 matches this year. And even that was the straightforward correction for an earlier flub in the match on two great assists to him early on.

I don't watch when the La Liga minnows are on parade, which may be part of the numbers bias.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its not a number bias, its him performing consistently and earning his starting spot. Its easy to look as the weakest player and notice his "mistakes" more when he is playing Next to Messi, Villa (though not far off goal production wise), Iniesta, Xavi and Dani Alves. A good or very good player looks average next to world beaters/beastly kind of players.

But no, he is NOT a Marchisio nor laughably a Palladino, he actually consistently performs, and yes plays with great players, but is part of the team and doing his job in the team. Why you would belittle that I have no idea. Can they sign and play better players? Yes sure, like Aguero they are closely rumoured with now. But does that make Pedro any less of a player? Or deserving of being compared with a hack like Palladingo? Heck no.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Frankly, La Liga is a joke of a league anyway, 80% of the teams are in crippling debt or are just plain mediocre.

Apart from the 2 teams that steal all the TV money, the other teams might as well not exist.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think that's just cause they look similar. From certain angles I think I'm watching Busquets and it turns out it's Pedro. Put Pedro as an AM and those three would make the most mind tripping mid ever.
:lol: I've been busted by that too.

Its not a number bias, its him performing consistently and earning his starting spot. Its easy to look as the weakest player and notice his "mistakes" more when he is playing Next to Messi, Villa (though not far off goal production wise), Iniesta, Xavi and Dani Alves. A good or very good player looks average next to world beaters/beastly kind of players.

But no, he is NOT a Marchisio nor laughably a Palladino, he actually consistently performs, and yes plays with great players, but is part of the team and doing his job in the team. Why you would belittle that I have no idea. Can they sign and play better players? Yes sure, like Aguero they are closely rumoured with now. But does that make Pedro any less of a player? Or deserving of being compared with a hack like Palladingo? Heck no.
I just know I am 10x more likely to exclaim, "Why do they play this guy?!" instead of "Good play" in my past year of experience watching him on the telly. And even Palladino has a good match once in a while.

Frankly, La Liga is a joke of a league anyway, 80% of the teams are in crippling debt or are just plain mediocre.

Apart from the 2 teams that steal all the TV money, the other teams might as well not exist.
La Liga is probably the most lopsided of the larger domestic leagues in the world.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Or it could be that Barca and Real are probably the two best teams in the world with the two best players in the world. But hey, lets keep thinking the Sampdoria over the years could beat someone like Villarreal, or Lazio over Sevilla.

The league isn't as weak as you think it is. Juventus is just that-fucking-bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)