[CL] Champions League 2010/11 (9 Viewers)

Sep 1, 2002
Those who won't understand my point will laugh at the comparison, but I see a similarity between Messi and Pedro. The similarity is that the way their club plays, its style, makes them at least 2-3 times better players than they are.
Obviously, the difference in quality between the two is sky-earth.

Btw, I'd really like to see Pedro in Parma and Giovinco in Barca. 2 or 3 seasons will be enough. I have a feeling that Seba will be just as good as Pedro is in Barca and the gypsy will be worse than Seba is in Parma.
Ok, explain why you call him gypsy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You mentioned, no more like made clear that a vital factor in your argument was that Zidane led a crippled team. My point was if that is what you're pointing out made him and his world cup story (at the least) as success, then why should Cruijff be regarded as one of the all time greats if he lead a completely superior team and failed?
Emphasizing the great doings of one does not discredit the great doings of another.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
There is nothing to thank, obviously VDS did poorly in reacting to Messi's rather straight shot. Though he has no blame in Pedro's goal, it was understandable to not catch that one. Though the error was clear, he didnt have a bad game, made several good saves.

That would be their loss against Barca in Rome, two years ago.
This one was defenitelt worse then 2009.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
There is nothing to thank, obviously VDS did poorly in reacting to Messi's rather straight shot. Though he has no blame in Pedro's goal, it was understandable to not catch that one. Though the error was clear, he didnt have a bad game, made several good saves.
I can't agree with this. VDS was obviously at fault for the 2nd goal along with half the ManU team in front of him, but I can't say he was innocent for the 1 st one either. In that moment, VDS committed himself to the right way too early and that made Pedro's shot look impossible to save even if it was anything but - the ball was not too fast and not that precisely placed either and there was enough distance to give a goalkeeper a more than decent chance to react to it.

basically, VDS was caught wrong-footed for the 1st goal, just like with the 2nd, where he couldn't save a shot placed almost dead-center on the goal ... I'd call that a pattern ... most likely resulting from being overly nervous and insecure aka the "shaky legs" syndrome :) ... surprising for a GK as experienced as VDS.

This one was defenitelt worse then 2009.
I am not really sure what people were expecting from ManU this time around either. Sure, they were coming into this game in great form and as clearly the best team in the EPL this year but ManU just doesn't have the players and tactical approach to deal with the type of football like Barca's ... ManU players do not have the mental toughness to watch a team "play" you like a puppet and yet not let that get to their heads and make them lose concentration and belief that they can still win the game ... the type of team Capello's Milan or Mourinho's Inter or Hiddink's Chelsea were.

In short, ManU never had a chance vs Barca as it takes a certain type of team to neutralize Barca's football and ManU just aren't built that way, they are not used to playing that way.

just my 2 cents.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I've never been a fan of Pedro. Always called him the Spanish Rafaele Palladino, just a little shorter.

Barca fanboys seem to love him because of the same Marchisio effect that our man Claudio enjoys from his time in the youth system. Otherwise...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)