[CL] Borussia Dortmund 0-3 JUVENTUS (March 18th, 2015) (5 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Bonucci

• Evra

• Licht

• Marchisio

• Vidal

• Pogba

• Pereyra

• Tevez

• Morata

• Barzagli

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
To defend the score from the start is committing a suicide, I would go for a balanced formation, if Juve score and change the system to catenaccio DURING the match then I'm all for it (Because I don't see this Juve conceding two goals TBH), but not from the start.

What's your prediction?

If we score we go through, if we don't we're out.

Personally I feel we have all the possibilities to win this. We were the better team by far in the first leg and we have the better players. Unfortunately we have done very poorly in scenarios such as this one in the past few years. That being said, I think we'll go through.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Personally I feel we have all the possibilities to win this. We were the better team by far in the first leg and we have the better players. Unfortunately we have done very poorly in scenarios such as this one in the past few years. That being said, I think we'll go through.
I have the same feeling. Juve players are pretty experience to play such a match let alone the team they're playing for, but they have so much experience now that they can't fail and disappoint (Marchisio, Bonucci, Chiellini I don't trust his brain though, Evra, Tevez, Lich). No excuses.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011

This goal won't change much. They would still need 2 goals, in this case this would result in ET. And i can't see us winning in ET, not to mention the penalties.

If they'll score 2 goals we're out imo.

Edit:
Ah, forgot that 1-0 puts them through.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I have the same feeling. Juve players are pretty experience to play such a match let alone the team they're playing for, but they have so much experience now that they can't fail and disappoint (Marchisio, Bonucci, Chiellini I don't trust his brain though, Evra, Tevez, Lich). No excuses.
Dortmund has more experience, though.

7-8 of their players were CL finalists.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
This goal won't change much. They would still need 2 goals, in this case this would result in ET. And i can't see us winning in ET, not to mention the penalties.

If they'll score 2 goals we're out imo.
There is no way Juve will concede two goals. Almost impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

They are still inferior to this Juve. Out of all their players only Rues and Hummels can cope well with pressure IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

I just hope it's not still 0-0 by minute 75-80 otherwise I won't survive this game.
Or 88min with 5minutes extra time.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
There is no way Juve will concede two goals. Almost impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

They are still inferior to this Juve. Out of all their players only Rues and Hummels can cope well with pressure IMO.
I think we have a chance to go through. But like you and Andries said, it's gonna be a suicide if we start defending the result from the beginning. I also don't see us doing well if we're the ones chasing the result as I think we kinda suck at it.

Dortmund shouldn't be underestimated. They laughed at them for getting trashed in Madrid last year but they managed to score 5 against them in Germany as they literally crushed them.

They also have an advantage of playing at home.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

I disagree. Our players have been champions for three years straight. That takes a certain type of mentality. Dortmund has had decent seasons and has even reached the final, but lost. They are not champions, we are.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I disagree. Our players have been champions for three years straight. That takes a certain type of mentality. Dortmund has had decent seasons and has even reached the final, but lost. They are not champions, we are.
Both of us won in the league (sure, we were more impressive) but they reached the CL final and 1/2. We didn't. Despite us being 'champions' we choked in group stages.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Both of us won in the league (sure, we were more impressive) but they reached the CL final and 1/2. We didn't. Despite us being 'champions' we choked in group stages.
I know. But Marchisio, Chiellini, Pirlo and Buffon also have experience in big international tournaments and advancing to finals. Pirlo and Buffon even have a World Cup to their name. When it comes to experience, surely we beat them by a large margin.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I know. But Marchisio, Chiellini, Pirlo and Buffon also have experience in big international tournaments and advancing to finals. Pirlo and Buffon even have a World Cup to their name. When it comes to experience, surely we beat them by a large margin.
It was long time ago while Germany also won a trophy just recently.

Look, I don't think our players in are inexperienced. I just don't think we're so good when under pressure.

It's a tough match and nothing will surprise me in it. But we have a decent result and now it's all on Allegri.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It was long time ago while Germany also won a trophy just recently.

Look, I don't think our players in are inexperienced. I just don't think we're so good when under pressure.

It's a tough match and nothing will surprise me in it. But we have a decent result and now it's all on Allegri.
Weren't Hummels and Weidenfeller the only Dortmund players who actually won it? And Weidenfeller didn't play..

You're right though, so far we've been bad under pressure in play off games.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Weren't Hummels and Weidenfeller the only Dortmund players who actually won it? And Weidenfeller didn't play..

You're right though, so far we've been bad under pressure in play off games.
This is probably the most important match since Bayern's last match under Conte, If Juve wins this, they can even go pretty far, the teams left except for Bayern IMO are beatable not to mention Porto, Monaco and possibly Leverkusen can be the next team Juve face.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
This is probably the most important match since Bayern's last match under Conte, If Juve wins this, they can even go pretty far, the teams left except for Bayern IMO are beatable not to mention Porto, Monaco and possibly Leverkusen can be the next team Juve face.
I doubt we're able to beat Real. They may be out of form these days, but they're a far better side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)