[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
They've been playing bad lately, won 1-0 against Rayo but they were horrible apparently, some say their first half was one of their worst and they've recently been beaten by Real at home. But still they rise up to the occasion against good teams in general so nothing taken for granted
They were bad. Their goal was a fluke, and probably even offside. They needed a super save from Oblak in stoppages to hold on.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
They were bad. Their goal was a fluke, and probably even offside. They needed a super save from Oblak in stoppages to hold on.
Goal was definitely offside. And they were also bad but when they were 1-0 ahead they were "conserving energy".

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Goal was definitely offside. And they were also bad but when they were 1-0 ahead they were "conserving energy".
Yeah I thought it was offside too. I thought La Liga implemented VAR better but I was wrong.
It was obvious they were looking forward to CL match as well. Diego Costa was brought in from 60th minute despite being visibly unfit not playing for more than 2 months. Morata was utterly useless in a match where they could not counter, and I lost count how many times he was offside. It feels good to win our CL group, and not having to play home in the first leg for a change. We can absorb pressure in Madrid.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Yeah I thought it was offside too. I thought La Liga implemented VAR better but I was wrong.
It was obvious they were looking forward to CL match as well. Diego Costa was brought in from 60th minute despite being visibly unfit not playing for more than 2 months. Morata was utterly useless in a match where they could not counter, and I lost count how many times he was offside. It feels good to win our CL group, and not having to play home in the first leg for a change. We can absorb pressure in Madrid.
I feel like the team has become pretty suited to playing home first and away later so that's a shame. We had many great match ups, Dortmund (2015), Spurs (2018), Barca (2017), almost for Bayern (2016), Real Madrid (2015), etc.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
But Morata was not interfering with the play so the goal was deemed legal

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like the team has become pretty suited to playing home first and away later so that's a shame. We had many great match ups, Dortmund (2015), Spurs (2018), Barca (2017), almost for Bayern (2016), Real Madrid (2015), etc.
Thankfully last year quarter final first leg vs Real Madrid was not mentioned

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Guys they have performed really well against big teams this season other than the last game against R Madrid. They are great at keeping the score line down. Super organised.

I think we need to throw them off their game by creating confusion with the below tactic.

———————-Woj————————
Cancelo—chie—-Bon———-AS
——manbro-pjan—dybala———-
Bern————CR7————Dcosta

Athletico will be so confused who to mark.

- - - Updated - - -

@Kyle disliked my post because khedirA and Can aren’t in it

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
Wtf is this talk about MDS as the defensive option? Just because he is incapable of attacking, doesn't make him a defensive option. His defensive "skill" is what effectively kicked us out last year in the opening 3 minutes of the QF.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
It's better to play at home first.

Pressure and tactical flexibility/predictability play a part.

If you're chasing you can only attack while the other team has multiple options to choose from.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we need to throw them off their game by creating confusion with the below tactic.

———————-Woj————————
Cancelo—chie—-Bon———-AS
——manbro-pjan—dybala———-
Bern————CR7————Dcosta

Athletico will be so confused who to mark.
Serious? I can't tell lol.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)