[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (17 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
We'll most likely play Pjanic, A.Sandro, Dybala, CR7, Mandzu. They should be able to bring the ball forward somehow. Lol at Costa being vital for our team. He can come on as supersub against tired defenders.
Vital for bringing the ball forward as I clearly said. That is exactly what his best trait is. And yes, I mentioned Costa as a sub if we start with Cancelo.
If we play neither him and Cancelo then I think we will get in trouble, let's see.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I expect Atletico to press the sidelines heavily. Well, this is their main tactic anyways but if they see MDS out there :shifty:

I think it's important that Cancelo starts and he has to play well.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Juventus adjust for Atletico

By Football Italia staff

Max Allegri is reportedly considering some tactical surprises against Atletico Madrid, including Martin Caceres, Federico Bernardeschi or dropping Paulo Dybala.
It kicks off on Wednesday at 20.00 GMT and is the first leg in the Champions League Round of 16.
Juan Cuadrado is still out of action and Douglas Costa is only taking part in personalised training sessions as he tries to rediscover his full fitness.
According to Tuttosport, we could see some big changes in the Bianconeri line-up and tactical twists to get the better of Atletico Madrid.
The adjustments will primarily be on the right side of both defence and attack.
Considering how dangerous Atleti are on the counter, it’s possible Joao Cancelo will be replaced at right-back by either Mattia De Sciglio or more fascinatingly Caceres.
The January signing is much stronger in the air than De Sciglio, has a great deal of stamina and can also cut inside to take a more central defensive role if needed.
Alternatively, Cancelo could simply be moved to a more advanced role on the right side of the trident attack, allowing him to push forward without focusing too much on defensive duties.
In that case, the Portugal international would replace Dybala, who celebrated his first goal since November 3 with last night’s 3-0 Serie A victory over Frosinone.

Another candidate for the right flank in place of Dybala is Bernardeschi, as he can link up with the midfield and is a hard worker when tracking back.
This would not be an entirely new approach for Allegri, who already used Andrea Barzagli at right-back and moved Dani Alves to a more advanced role in the 2017 Champions League Final against Real Madrid.
Caceres as RB and Cancelo in an advanced position would be good.

Caceres - Bonucci - Chiellini - Sandro

Cancelo - Khedira - Pjanic - Matuidi

Dybala / Mandzukic - Ronaldo

5 - 3 - 2 when defending, 3 - 5 - 2 when attacking

Width, weapons in the box (Ronaldo/Mandzukic) and Dybala/Khedira to make the runs from midfield. Could be a very versatile way to start the game.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Diego Costa just came off the bench against Rayo Vallecano. This is his first match since early December.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #47
    Diego Costa just came off the bench against Rayo Vallecano. This is his first match since early December.
    Well, lets hope his match fitness is far from optimal vs us.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    Juventus adjust for Atletico

By Football Italia staff

Max Allegri is reportedly considering some tactical surprises against Atletico Madrid, including Martin Caceres, Federico Bernardeschi or dropping Paulo Dybala.
    It kicks off on Wednesday at 20.00 GMT and is the first leg in the Champions League Round of 16.
    Juan Cuadrado is still out of action and Douglas Costa is only taking part in personalised training sessions as he tries to rediscover his full fitness.
    According to Tuttosport, we could see some big changes in the Bianconeri line-up and tactical twists to get the better of Atletico Madrid.
    The adjustments will primarily be on the right side of both defence and attack.
    Considering how dangerous Atleti are on the counter, it’s possible Joao Cancelo will be replaced at right-back by either Mattia De Sciglio or more fascinatingly Caceres.
    The January signing is much stronger in the air than De Sciglio, has a great deal of stamina and can also cut inside to take a more central defensive role if needed.
    Alternatively, Cancelo could simply be moved to a more advanced role on the right side of the trident attack, allowing him to push forward without focusing too much on defensive duties.
    In that case, the Portugal international would replace Dybala, who celebrated his first goal since November 3 with last night’s 3-0 Serie A victory over Frosinone.

Another candidate for the right flank in place of Dybala is Bernardeschi, as he can link up with the midfield and is a hard worker when tracking back.
    This would not be an entirely new approach for Allegri, who already used Andrea Barzagli at right-back and moved Dani Alves to a more advanced role in the 2017 Champions League Final against Real Madrid.
    I like it.

Cancelo and Bonucci (just returned also) on the right with no protection from a RM (or Mandzukic taking a while to assume that position from striker during transition) might be a recipe for disaster vs Atletico.

Simeone looks to take full advantage of weaknesses like that like Gasperini.

Prediction: 1-1, a good score

- - - Updated - - -

Alex Sandro and Matuidi are a yellow
    card away from missing the 2nd leg.

While Atletico could miss the following players: Ángel Correa, Diego Costa, Filipe Luis, Giménez, Partey

Bonucci to get Costa sent off :xfinger:

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Hernandez returned for them?

- - - Updated - - -

With Dybala, we attack more through the middle also, and Atletico is tough to break down there.

More flank based attack makes sense.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    Hernandez returned for them?
    no, still injured.

i watched some of the match. saul looked terrible, rarely involved, and missed a lot of passes. rayo dictated the play for most of the match, oblak kept atleti in the match basically. as i got it, morata was offside before assisting the winner. it was a shitshow, just like some of our matches recently.

Apr 19, 2007
    They are a tough team but I think our quality is enough to get us the tight win away. I think they will press us hard but I fully expect to control this game. Im curius to see how our midfield does ahgainst them though. They will at least be rested and ready to press

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)