[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-2 JUVENTUS [September 18th, 2019] (11 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Stop spewing lies. We had much better stats and possession when we lost 2-0 last year. I can’t comprehend why people think Sarri is the second coming of attacking football. Tonight (just like the Napoli game), proved it’s not true.
We had only 2 shots on goal that game, one of which was a Ronaldo shot from 35 meters out. We had possession because Atleti gave us possession. One of the shittiest performances I've seen from Juve

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Pressure we soaked up most up the time. How was this game plan better? Atletico controlled everything and we looked clueless in defense.
They scored the second as De Ligt didn't even jump for the ball and I think it was Matuidi who lost the battle. I didn't see Atlético control anything, yes they played well but maybe one or two clear chances as the home team.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
They scored the second as De Ligt didn't even jump for the ball and I think it was Matuidi who lost the battle. I didn't see Atlético control anything, yes they played well but maybe one or two clear chances as the home team.
Atletico considerably weaker this year

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Good point, Bayer lost too. Hope Dai and JCK aren't too depressed.

Team improving overall and learning the ropes as you'd expect. One good half against Parma, 60 good mins Napoli, 90 good mins from open play in this game but set piece defending issues remain - nothing else to add to that; needs to be sorted quick.

Once they have Sarrismo under belt fully (don't expect Napoli version but something more suited to this team: something in between Chelsea 2nd half and Napoli), Ramsey is able to start over Khedira, DC is back and Dybala plays F9 in certain games, expect rise in stock once again.

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
Its obvious that Atletico are weaker this year. I would be surprised if we dont finish first
. I`m also confident that in a k.o. phase we can eliminate them.

However this leaves a bitter taste for me. A big win is within the grasp and we let it slip away.
It seems like the game vs Crapoli wasnt a warning call after all

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
We had only 2 shots on goal that game, one of which was a Ronaldo shot from 35 meters out. We had possession because Atleti gave us possession. One of the shittiest performances I've seen from Juve
We had 3 and they had 5. The stats tonight are similar. They also gave us possession tonight. They do to all teams. It’s not the point, though. Our defending is the epitome of a mess right now.

I don’t Care how boring you people found Allegri’s style. With him we looked much better in defense from the beginning of every season. Also his first season.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
We had 3 and they had 5. The stats tonight are similar. They also gave us possession tonight. They do to all teams. It’s not the point, though. Our defending is the epitome of a mess right now.

I don’t Care how boring you people found Allegri’s style. With him we looked much better in defense from the beginning of every season. Also his first season.
No doubt we had more defensive solidity under Allegri. I'm just calling last season's performance for what it was.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Of course they did. That’s also why they scored two goals. This just show how unjustified the Allegri hate was.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I called it 2-2.
Sarri > Allegri

Allegri 2 games away to Atleti 2 loses 0 goals.
Sarri 1 game 2 goals, 1 draw, 0 loses.

Jokes aside we should have won it. Matuidi not scoring empty goal, Ronaldo’s miss in the end. We did well overall. I see this as a positive result. Im hopefull.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
A
Disagree,
Usually we would have started to defend after going 1-0 up. Also, we continued to attack throughout the game. Despite the heartbreak, this was big progress.
Allegri would've played to not lose for sure. Good chance of never going 1-0 up.

Usually it paid off, bit sometimes, we conceded in 85th minute and it backfired. Plus, no need to play it safe against weaker opponent or take foot off the gas vs stronger ones like Real and Bayern when you have them on the ropes.

2nd half approach today was a refreshing change.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Fair score, I like that we get only a point instead of 3, a Ronaldo goal at 94th minute wont draw that attention to the problem like now. Its just a group game, the first and the hardest one, Leverkusen and Loko M are a joke, and finishing first isn't really an advantage anymore, still we should win our group, we are superior to the other 3 teams.

When we meet Atletico in Turin we should be in a very good shape with upgraded starting 11 so it wont be that hard to beat them, again. Work on set pieces and finishing, our decision making in dangerous counters kinda sucks, those two Danilo and Higuain shots instead of finding Ronaldo in clear position is why we failed to win tonight...

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
No doubt we had more defensive solidity under Allegri. I'm just calling last season's performance for what it was.
I was mad as hell after that game. Trust me. But it also trigger me that we give so many chances away. And with the Napoli game in mind, this is not acceptable. I don’t care how great it is to see a team with great fluid attack. If the defense i like we have seen so far, it’s just as bad as the “boring” football we sometimes saw last season.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It's unfair to compare this defense, with a defense with Chiellini's presence.
It is a well known fact that Bonucci does not defend. So we are practically expecting everything from a young boy who just arrived.
(despite his errors, statistics claim, he cleared the ball, 50% more times, than Bonucci)
We will see in time, if our defense got better or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)