[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (7 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
The fifteen minute coach :D

"I always say that there are manufactured coaches and natural coaches," he said. "I am one of the natural ones. I do not have to sit there and watch videos for hours. I look at what I have to watch and, in a quarter of an hour, I understand what I can understand."

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43274988

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Well, he obviously hasn't understood shit when it comes to Atletico. 3 meetings, 2 losses and 1 draw, 0 goals scored and 3 conceded. I guess Atletico isn't one of his strong subjects :baus: :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

There's no ifs and buts about it. The rematch will be our toughest match in these 8 years. We'll have to do something extraordinary to pull off a comeback, let alone overturn everything. And the only way to do it is put our fastest, most physical and technical players from the start. I know it'll never happen but I want to see this:

Cancelo-Bonucci-Chiellini-Spinazzola
Can-Pjanić-Bernardeschi
Costa-Mario-Ronaldo
There's really nothing to lose. We concede a goal or five nothing changes. We have to be fast, sharp, active, smart and brave. That lineup last night had exactly 2 players who (in theory) can run with the ball, outpace someone and make a difference with their speed and strength. Bunch of soft, slow guys with an abysmal gameplan.
Can is shit. He's slow as fuck, dumb as fuck, and his physicality means nothing when he constantly gets caught out or can't even do shit with his limited technical ability. I'd play 4-2-3-1 with Pjanic and Matuidi in midfield, Berna, Ronaldo and Dybala in a 3 pronged attack supporting the lone striker Mandzukic.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well, he obviously hasn't understood shit when it comes to Atletico. 3 meetings, 2 losses and 1 draw, 0 goals scored and 3 conceded. I guess Atletico isn't one of his strong subjects :baus::tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Can is shit. He's slow as fuck, dumb as fuck, and his physicality means nothing when he constantly gets caught out or can't even do shit with his limited technical ability. I'd play 4-2-3-1 with Pjanic and Matuidi in midfield, Berna, Ronaldo and Dybala in a 3 pronged attack supporting the lone striker Mandzukic.
Wouldo do the same TBH,

He can even try CR7 as lone forward once again and use costa on the left.... or give a go to Kean and see how it goes (in serie A to try him).

He has some options, but refuses to try new things and keeps hitting the same wall.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
What I fail to understand is how come we were stronger with this

Buffon

Dani Alves-Bonucci-Chiellini-Alex Sandro

Khedira-Pjanic

Cuadrado-Dybala-Mandzukic

Higuain
and we're much worse with this

Szczesny
De Sciglio -Bonucci-Chiellini-Alex Sandro
Khedira-Matuidi-Pjanic
Dybala-Ronaldo-Mandzukic
Easy.
Bonucci and Sandro are much worse than they were 2 years ago and so is khedira. Chielllini is now 34. Even Pjanic was playing the best football of his career during that period compared to the performances he has today. Up-front Dybala plays much further away from goal which eliminates more than half of his game.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Easy.
Bonucci and Sandro are much worse than they were 2 years ago and so is khedira. Chielllini is now 34. Even Pjanic was playing the best football of his career during that period compared to the performances he has today. Up-front Dybala plays much further away from goal which eliminates more than half of his game.
The whole defence needs a overhaul, we are no longer solid there. Yesterday we fielded De Sciglio (average in general and poor last night), Bonucci (shadow of his former self), Alex Sandro (no comment), only Chiellini is up for it and as you said he's 34 and won't be there forever. That's three out of four that have been liable.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Watch this become a Real Madrid heartbreak yet again, we'll score 2 fast goals then only for them to score 1 in the end and go through.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
90% members here are pussies. Would you all please spare us watching the return leg? I believe some sane users here are tired of your bs.

Obviously it is possible to come back. It was 2:0, not 5:0. Agreed we played terrible and I blame Allegri for that who went for 0:0, hoping we can score by some individual effort. Actually, we had our opportunities to score like Bonucci header, Dybala shot outside the area or Berna shot in the dying minutes. Everything is possible in Turin. I don't see how it is not possible for us to beat Atletico 2:0 at home? They can get a red for example, hell, we can be 2:0 up after 30 minutes.

Forza Juve!

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Chiello3

IL Capitano
Nov 26, 2017
Easy.
chiellini is 34?
he improved in all the stats
he just makes typical mistakes he used to make in UCL
for example handball vs monaco and the slip vs bvb

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
90% members here are pussies. Would you all please spare us watching the return leg? I believe some sane users here are tired of your bs.

Obviously it is possible to come back. It was 2:0, not 5:0. Agreed we played terrible and I blame Allegri for that who went for 0:0, hoping we can score by some individual effort. Actually, we had our opportunities to score like Bonucci header, Dybala shot outside the area or Berna shot in the dying minutes. Everything is possible in Turin. I don't see how it is not possible for us to beat Atletico 2:0 at home? They can get a red for example, hell, we can be 2:0 up after 30 minutes.

Forza Juve!

It easy to win , no problem ,but to qualify ,highly unlikely. It is going to be very hard to score 3 goals to a counter-attacking team without giving up a goal.
Has atletico chocked in recent times in cl or copa del Rey a 2 0 first leg advantage?

Last edited:

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016

Forza Juve!

Good post man. Remember Max rejected the biggest club in the world to stay with us, he said this himself. There is still a second leg to play, and Max is a smart man. This means our "golden" boy (what an insult to Ale to give this choker the n10 shirt) will hit the bench in next game, and as long as he is not on the pitch, we have a chance.

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018

Forza Juve!

Yes. In addition, Atleti will play without Costa and Thomas.
Winning like this gives you more excitement ( :scared: ).
Don't be drama queens.

james95

Sep 2, 2018

Forza Juve!

Don’t think you fully grasp the magnitude of the task at hand. I’m all in for optimism and I am optimistic that we’ll go through but when you look at the hard, cold facts; it’s a very highly unlikely scenario. Atletico are the best defensive team of the decade and they come to Turin with the sole responsibility of protecting their first leg result. Believe me when I say they’ll park 2 buses, a train and an aeroplane in front of their net. Even assuming we do score; is it really possible for a CB partnership of Godin & Jimenez to screw up not once, not twice but THREE times? And then at the same time we somehow manage to shut them out at the other end? (considering we’ll be playing to their strengths where they’ll sit back and counter-attack all game for fun). If we factor in that they’ll probably score then we need to put FOUR past them and this team doesn’t look like it has the capacity to create up to four chances in such a game even if you assume that we will somehow have the ruthless efficiency to convert every chance we create into a goal (we haven’t even scored more than 3 goals this season). To add insult to injury, Atletico have never lost a tie after going up 2-0 in the first leg & we have never come back from a 2-0 first leg defeat. Moreover, in the 377 games Simeone has managed - he has kept something ridiculous like 200 cleansheets.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

Forza Juve!

lmao that goes without saying. Why the FUCK would anybody sane watch the return leg? :lol:

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
It easy to win , no problem ,but to qualify ,highly unlikely. It is going to be very hard to score 3 goals to a counter-attacking team without giving up a goal.
Has atletico chocked in recent times in cl or copa del Rey a 2 0 first leg advantage?
Atletico Madrid only choke against Real Madrid Diego Simeone knows Italian football inside out

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t think you fully grasp the magnitude of the task at hand. I’m all in for optimism and I am optimistic that we’ll go through but when you look at the hard, cold facts; it’s a very highly unlikely scenario. Atletico are the best defensive team of the decade and they come to Turin with the sole responsibility of protecting their first leg result. Believe me when I say they’ll park 2 buses, a train and an aeroplane in front of their net. Even assuming we do score; is it really possible for a CB partnership of Godin & Jimenez to screw up not once, not twice but THREE times? And then at the same time we somehow manage to shut them out at the other end? (considering we’ll be playing to their strengths where they’ll sit back and counter-attack all game for fun). If we factor in that they’ll probably score then we need to put FOUR past them and this team doesn’t look like it has the capacity to create up to four chances in such a game even if you assume that we will somehow have the ruthless efficiency to convert every chance we create into a goal (we haven’t even scored more than 3 goals this season). To add insult to injury, Atletico have never lost a tie after going up 2-0 in the first leg & we have never come back from a 2-0 first leg defeat. Moreover, in the 377 games Simeone has managed - he has kept something ridiculous like 200 cleansheets.
The only area of weakness are their full back we need to exploit that but our defending in the set plays has to improve for us to have any chance

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Yes. In addition, Atleti will play without Costa and Thomas.
Winning like this gives you more excitement ( :scared: ).
Don't be drama queens.
Both Thomas and Costa are massive losses for Atletico. This will give us a massive boost. Morata can go swivel after that celebration too. I still believe we can overturn this one I really do. We’ve undoubtedly got the tools for the job. Just hope we don’t have glass hammers or rubber nails in the bag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)