[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (8 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Fully deserved defeat today. But anyone else feeling kinda relaxed even though we lost? I have the feeling it´s just perfectly setup for an epic comeback for some reason. We always play better under immense pressure.
I don't get people mentioning that we overturn shit, we overturned a bad result exactly ONCE (Tottenham).

Again, ALMOST overturning vs Bayern and Real don't count for shit.

Buy on AliExpress.com

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
Terrible. We played so negatively. Ronaldo and Dybala lost on the wings, Mandzukic isolated up front. This 4-3-3 with nothing coming out of our midfield really doesn't work, especially when the wing-backs don't help. Sandro, Pjanic, Dybala, Mario all had a bad game. Bentancur looked like he had no purpose out there, just like Khedira does in a midfield three. Switch to 4-2-3-1 pls. Start Bernardeschi. Why even play Dybala if he's gonna be a RM the whole match.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It's also keeping a clean sheet. That's the part I'm concerned most.
That is the biggest problem, I know that we can score goals at home but keeping a clean sheet will be almost impossible. This approach of scoring while it is ok to concede should have been done playing in Madrid, not at home.

- - - Updated - - -

Even before tonight, they were humiliated in a Coppa game against Atalanta, a team similar to Atletico. Did they react? No. Why? I can think of only one option: they need to win only Serie A. Everything else would be nice, but nothing more. If they really wanted to win Champions League, they would be probably doing what it takes to win it, both in terms of transfers and in terms of the play on the pitch.
Against Atalanta they said it is the injuries. There is always an excuse. Always

- - - Updated - - -

Their biggest threat will be missing, and we would hopefully have a fully fit chiello
Morata is a bigger threat that Costa and we saw it just yesterday. I hope you didn't forget already.

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Never doubt our ultimate unluckiness in CL tho: Dortmund tops the group against Atletico when we once in blue moon we top our own group and... of course we draw the strongest possible runner-up opponent.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Except for Juventus who scored a total of ZERO goals from free kicks this season.
Direct freekicks yes. But f.e. I remeber this 3 this season, maybe there were even more:

Chievo: Freekick Pjanic, Chiello header, Khedira goal.
Spal: Freekick Pjanic, Ronaldo volley goal
Chievo: Freekick Berna, Rugani header goal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)