[CL] Atlético de Madrid 2-0 JUVENTUS [February 20th, 2019] (5 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Shit midfield aside, how did we actually fail to show up for our most important appointment of the season? The team did absolutely nothing in that 2nd half; zero ball movement, zero grinta, no commitment or motivation. ATM managed to find another gear and they could've probably scored more. How can we be this bad, this clueless, this pathetic in our most important game of the season?

I blame Allegri just as much as I blame the players and that atrocious midfield. Maybe some players are arrogant/overconfident, perhaps others lack hunger, and maybe some just don't have it in them anymore. Also, maybe it's time for Allegri to go. We need fresh ideas, and that fucker is sometimes a stubborn mule who refuses to adapt and adjust.

As for the midfield, Mr. Glass Ramsey isn't going to solve shit on his own. We lack dynamism, mobility, physicality, movement, pretty much everything! That midfield is static and weak, both physically and mentally. We're going to have a hard time getting rid of overpaid bums like Can, and ageing geezers like Khedira and Matuidi. Even Bentancur was simply not good enough, and I don't know if he's ever going to reach another level.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
The sad part is that we definitely have the attacking talents to put on a fabulous goal-fest in second leg. BUT, Allegri will still go with a dumb selection to try and ‘stabilise’ the game with Matuidi and MDS.

Only Pep, Zidane, and I will have the audacity to put the below formation and overturn the tie 6-2 aggregate. SO MUCH POSSIBILITY. Crosses, headers, loose ball long shots, small passes through the middle

————————-woj——————————-
Cancelo—-chie——-Bon———Spina/AS
————————-pja———————————
—————berna——dybala———————
DCosta———CR7——————Manbro

- - - Updated - - -

How sad is these midfield options. Looks like a midfield suited for West Ham
EBC60ED6-E349-415D-8CD4-E85F40B3C811.jpeg

Last edited:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
We failed to score an away goal, even though Allegri said it was very important that we did. Conservative tactics and pussy mentality ensured we didn't; to compound our misery we conceded not one, but 2 goals! I'd say the tie is effectively over with 80% certainty. ATM going through stands @ 80% but if we show up and man up, we can turn this around. Play this formation FFS:

Woj, Cancelo, Chiellin, Rugani, Spina, Matuidi, Pjanic, Berna, Dybala, Ronaldo, Mandzukic

Bring Costa off the bench in the 2nd half. It's a shame Cuads is out injured :sad: :sigh:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It seemed to me Atletico wanted this win more then us.

It's that simple.
Sad but true. They played with purpose and hunger. We played like shit, looked confused, and just gave up. An appalling attitude; we were humbled. Some of the fuckers don't deserve to wear this jersey; less talk and more action. No more statements or cringe videos. Apply yourself, work hard, and give everything in the 2nd leg. Now, let's see how we actually react.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
We were too predictable and need to surprise them in the second game. Otherwise they will easily press us, drag themselves through the 90 minutes and kill the game.

I hope we go with something like this:

---------------------------------- Woj ---------------------------------------
--- De Sciglio ---- Bonucci --- Chiellini ------ Spina -------
------------------------ Pjanic --------- Matuidi -----------------------
----- Cancelo -------------- Dybala --------------- Berna --------
--------------------------------- Ronaldo ----------------------------------

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
We were too predictable and need to surprise them in the second game. Otherwise they will easily press us, drag themselves through the 90 minutes and kill the game.

I hope we go with something like this:

---------------------------------- Woj ---------------------------------------
--- De Sciglio ---- Bonucci --- Chiellini ------ Spina -------
------------------------ Pjanic --------- Matuidi -----------------------
----- Cancelo -------------- Dybala --------------- Berna --------
--------------------------------- Ronaldo ----------------------------------
Will be better if DCosta instead of Mds.
And Mandzukic instead of Matuidi.
Totally agree with Berna. He seems to have a good chemistry with CR7

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
We were missing our midfield of a couple years ago.. and then we didn't have the attack we currently have.. imagine having that midfield (marchisio, Pogba and Vidal) with this attack..

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We were missing our midfield of a couple years ago.. and then we didn't have the attack we currently have.. imagine having that midfield (marchisio, Pogba and Vidal) with this attack..
too bad marchisio and vidal are already way past their prime. selling pogba was of course a bummer, but he was too desperate to leave.

i still can't get over the fact that players like allan or fabinho changed clubs during the last couple of years, and we failed to get either of them.

whyairless

Jun 5, 2014
Man, that hurts. Everyone knew that we're up against Atletico. Tough team historically with insane warrior mentality. I'm not a big football expert, but we looked like we didn't have enough motivation. Like we were playing our ordinary Serie A game.

And can we please stop with those hashtags. If you want to make a motivation video for youtube or instagram, do that, but don't use the #getready or other bs like that.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
watch us win 3-1 but because of this game we're out.
Yep, that is exactly what will happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's not forget the fact that bonucci is responsible for that second goal. What a pussy for lying on the floor like that when he could have blocked the shot standing. Idiot
and Mandzu was an idiot for not instinctively kicking the ball to the side instead of middle.

I've said every time after such disappointments in Europe: our players lack basic instincts.
Some things that LaLiga teams do automatically, our players have to stop and think.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)