Chiellini details his love for Juventus (1 Viewer)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Giorgio Chiellini touched on a wide range of subjects during this afternoon’s Juventus Premium Member video chat in Vinovo.
The 28-year-old Azzurri international defender expressed his feelings for the black and white stripes, outlined his delight at the club’s progress in the Champions League and lifted the lid on Antonio Conte’s influence in the dressing room.
Here is what he had to say:
Everlasting love
“I’ve got no problem admitting it, as a youngster I supported Milan. But when I came here I fell in love with this shirt and the feeling grew over the course of time. Following our return to the top and everything that’s happened, you can’t help but feel a sense of belonging to the shirt, city and fans.”
The turning point
“The inauguration of Juventus Stadium was a strange evening. We were coming off the back of two disappointing seasons, but something magical began that day and you could feel it in the air. We saw the entire history of Juventus, the club’s past, and inside our heads we started to dream about the future - and then we managed to achieve it.
“What we accomplished last year, winning the Scudetto unbeaten, was an exceptional achievement which nobody will ever be able to follow up, only equal at the very most.”
Champions League
“I remember the evening of the Chelsea game. For the first time in a year and a half the roar of the stadium could be felt from the minute we entered the dressing room. The regret is that we didn’t have the same atmosphere for our first group game against Shakhtar.
“We were affected by the situation and the difference between those two games is evident. The fans, in certain moments, especially when you need to push on, give you an added boost.”
Conte’s influence
“The group spirit is required in difficult moments. The manager’s presence on the bench and during the interval has been sorely missed. During difficult times he manages to give you something extra, just like the group spirit which comes from hard work, commitment and reciprocal trust.”
Indestructible defence
“Over the last year Leonardo, Andrea and I have managed to create a unique unit. We know each other well, play off by heart and the more you work with someone the more you discover their strengths and weaknesses.
“Individually speaking, there are better defenders than us around, but I doubt that they could do better if they were placed in our defence. And then we have Gigi behind us. Many of his saves seem straightforward, but that’s only because he makes them appear as such.”
Atalanta overcome
“It was an important game, because we need to bring consistency to our performances at this particular moment. We were fully focused as Atalanta play an excellent style of football. Our 3-0 win was down to the fact that we’re aware of the importance of the current moment.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
“Over the last year Leonardo, Andrea and I have managed to create a unique unit. We know each other well, play off by heart and the more you work with someone the more you discover their strengths and weaknesses.
“Individually speaking, there are better defenders than us around, but I doubt that they could do better if they were placed in our defence. And then we have Gigi behind us. Many of his saves seem straightforward, but that’s only because he makes them appear as such.”
This part is :tup: especially the Gigi part

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)