Chelsea's Robinho failure (2 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Chelsea failed with a bid to land Brazilian starlet Robinho last month, his agent has confirmed.

The 20-year-old international is seen by many as the best young player in South America and a host of clubs are keeping close tabs on him.

Barcelona and Internazionale showed interest earlier this year, but it was Chelsea who put cash on the table as they made a €12 million offer before the transfer deadline closed last month.

The bid was rejected out of hand and Robinho's representative Wagner Ribeiro admitted that it was not even considered.

"After the 2006 World Cup in Germany, Robinho is going to cost more than €30 million. He is the best player in Brazil," Wagner said

"I never said anything about the offer that Chelsea made. I didn't consider it from the beginning because they had offered only €12 million and that isn't enough for a player who is young and has a great future."

Instead of considering Chelsea, Robinho has in fact signed an extension to his contract at Santos.

He is now tied to Pele's former club until 2008, but more importantly for the Brazilian side - the player and his agent have stated that he will stay with them until the summer of 2006 at least.

"Diego plays in Porto and earns less money than Robinho at Santos," added Wagner.

The player himself admitted he was more than happy to continue developing at Santos.

"I am still very young and I have many things to learn," said Robinho.

"When I decide to leave Santos, I want to go to a big team that will appreciate what I have done during my career.

"I am not interested in going to a small team, even if I am paid more money.

"At the moment, I am only thinking of winning the Copa Libertadores next year with Santos and then taking the team [Brazil] to the World Cup."

Link

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
no actually i hear,he's the "too much fancy tricks without substance"kind.which i presume is the Denilson type.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
no actually i hear,he's the "too much fancy tricks without substance"kind.which i presume is the Denilson type.
He's definitely not a Denilson-type. But if you compare him to Diego I'd say he uses tricks more often when not needed. Still not as much as Denilson.

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
Never seen him play and he would never be a Juve man anyway.

Did Diego play for Porto in the CL the other day?

As for Chelsea, why do they need Robinho? And if 12mil was rejected, why not just keep throwing money around like we know they can.

""I am not interested in going to a small team, even if I am paid more money."

Hmmm, like Chelsea :D

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
This kid is very skilled. And the No.1 player in Brasil. The most loved basically. When he gets the ball the crowd goes mad. My mate saw him play and has met people who he used to hang with in the crime stricken areas. The kid grew up in the favales(sp). He does like a trick or 2...hundred:cool: I hope he comes to Italia.

Alessio

Aug 3, 2004
No. He used to play like this last year. But this year he's doing a lot of goals, with all his abilities.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Many people including myself said the same of Cristiano Ronaldo when he first stepped onto the world stage, but look at him now. He's developed into a fantastic young winger with a good cross to go with his skill. He has matured under the guidance of Sir Alex, Robinho could do the same under Mourinho.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Many people including myself said the same of Cristiano Ronaldo when he first stepped onto the world stage, but look at him now. He's developed into a fantastic young winger with a good cross to go with his skill. He has matured under the guidance of Sir Alex, Robinho could do the same under Mourinho.
personally i still think of Ronaldo,like that,IMO Ronaldo has nothing more than dribbling,i wouldnt say he has good crosses,but afterall he's still a 19 year old.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Recently I've seen Ronaldo put in some brilliant crosses, both for Man Utd and Portugal. He has without a doubt matured and improved alot since making the move to Old Trafford.

desireless

Sep 16, 2003
Lucky enough to be compared to Denilson, I just hope he won't end up like Kleberson.

A bit off topic guys... hope u all don't mind about this. Anyone know more about Valeri Bojinov (Chevanton replacement in Lecce)?

Fresh legs in Seria A, 18 Years old, with 5 goals in 3 games . Maybe I am too early in making judgement, but I think he can be a good investments.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Bojinov showed alot of promise last season and he has picked up where he left off. He could be one for the future.

Jul 28, 2002
Recently I've seen Ronaldo put in some brilliant crosses, both for Man Utd and Portugal. He has without a doubt matured and improved alot since making the move to Old Trafford.
spot on stu, ronnie is improving and maturing, he already has to be one the best driddlers in the premiership at least, if not europe...when he consistanly make it incisive and purposfull, he will become the best wideman there is.

River

Jun 15, 2004
Yeah he is definately improving. I ranted pre-euro04 about him being completely wothless :D Good to see he is finally dropping the rediculous and unneccessary stepovers and actually trying to be productive. His crossing I dont think is that great though, he makes so good crosses but surely must have a low average of successful crosses made.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)