Chelsea confirm Ballack signings (1 Viewer)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Chelsea confirm Ballack signing

Playmaker will alternate with Michael Essien in a three-man midfield

Staff and agencies
Monday May 15, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------

Ballack is unveiled at Stamford Bridge. Photograph: Nick Potts/PA.

The much-touted move by Germany midfielder Michael Ballack to Chelsea was finally confirmed today after the Premiership champions announced that he had signed from Bayern Munich on a free transfer.
Ballack has agreed a three-year contract and the 29-year-old playmaker is expected to be rotated in Chelsea's teams in domestic and European competitions with Ghana's Michael Essien in a three-man midfield featuring top goalscorer Frank Lampard and Frenchman Claude Makelele in the holding role.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1775326,00.html

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Very good signing

Imagine if Shevchenko signs up as well, it's gonna take something special to stop them domestically and in Europe next season

Jul 12, 2002
Am I the only one sickened by this news? Why do Chelsea need Ballack? It makes no sense, and it's bad for the game. Chelsea must be stopped.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Ian said:
Am I the only one sickened by this news? Why do Chelsea need Ballack? It makes no sense, and it's bad for the game. Chelsea must be stopped.
Mourinho's squad has two quality players for every position save Lampard's. Its basically what he's been basing his transfer strategy upon.

It wouldn't make sense if he got backups for everyone except his most influential player now would it? I don't neccessarily condone Chelski's extravagance, but I could see this move a mile away the moment Ballack's contract ended.

Donsazio

Feb 26, 2006
Jem83 said:
Very good signing

Imagine if Shevchenko signs up as well, it's gonna take something special to stop them domestically and in Europe next season
exactly, once their striker issue is sorted, if they dont win CL the season comin up, sumfin is seriously wrong....lampard AND ballack feedin balls to sheva....mouth-watering!!! PLUS the fact tht both of them can score loads of goals....EVEN MORE MOUTH WATERIN!!!!

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
I really envy chelsea for making this move. Even though i don't like ballack (as a person) very much; he simply is a great player. And if they have Lampard and Ballack to give balls to the front; this is just awesome... Ballack is always good for a goal too, he can do headers, is strong and also has leader capabilities (which he won't need in chelsea but who cares). ballack would also have been something for us but let's not start with that now... we've got other problems ;)

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
A very good signing, especially since he was available on a Bosman. I think they might get the same problems as the English NT though - Ballack and Lampard in central midfield is very dangerous and doesn't exactly bring midfield stability. Maybe a sucessor to Makelele would have been better.

OP
giovanotti

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    Imagine Ballack,leaving Bayern because of the C.L. ambitions he has,meet Bayern in the same competition and get knocked out.....same story as Vieira's.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
    giovanotti said:
    Imagine Ballack,leaving Bayern because of the C.L. ambitions he has,meet Bayern in the same competition and get knocked out.....same story as Vieira's.
    Completely irrelevant point. Bayern wanted to keep Ballack but he wanted to leave. Vieira wanted to stay but Arsenal sold him which told you what was coming. Vieira was made to look a fool against Arsenal because he is a defensive player and the attackers around him were poor. If Bayern met Chelsea it's more likely Ballack would score against them - indeed he was still Bayern's most effective player against the top sides (thinking of his goal against Milan) in a poor CL campaign.

I don't see Chelsea losing to anyone in next year's CL anyway not if Mourinho improves the team as much as I expect.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    imo ballack is not backup for lampard but for makelele position, makelele is getting old, ballack is a solid player. though ballack scores goals, lampard is still more attacking player imo.

i mean think about it, they have maniche, why dont they use him in lampard position then? mourinho knows maniche very well as well, so why? instead it seems his gona leave chelsea, chelsea is not looking for lampard subs.

OP
    giovanotti

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #14
    Intro said:
    Completely irrelevant point. Bayern wanted to keep Ballack but he wanted to leave. Vieira wanted to stay but Arsenal sold him which told you what was coming. Vieira was made to look a fool against Arsenal because he is a defensive player and the attackers around him were poor. If Bayern met Chelsea it's more likely Ballack would score against them - indeed he was still Bayern's most effective player against the top sides (thinking of his goal against Milan) in a poor CL campaign.

I don't see Chelsea losing to anyone in next year's CL anyway not if Mourinho improves the team as much as I expect.
    Agreed,I don't see Chelsea losing to anyone either,but that was just one simple hypothesis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)