[Champions League] Zenit vs JUVENTUS (11/25/08) (1 Viewer)

Who will get in injured in this game?

• Manninger

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Camoranesi

• Sissoko

• Marchisio

• Nedved

• Iaquinta

• Del Piero

• Chimenti

• Legrottaglie

• De Ceglie

• Rossi

• Amauri

• Marchionni

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Of course they are interesting to watch: if you don't enjoy this attacking team then you have no real feel for football. They are playing out and out great football.

I support Juve, but that doesn't mean I find the way we play exciting, in fact it is all a bit ploddingly competent.
That's your opinion I guess. I don't enjoy Barcelona's style of football now who are you to judge my taste?

Are you even a football fan? :D Did you just happen to chance upon Juve, without having no regard for the sport itself?

Because you being disgusted by quality football is utterly bizzare. If you are serious, please tell me its just Barca hate, even if thats weird, it makes more sense the the alternative.
Same question goes to you. Who are you to judge my taste? I am a fan of football just as you are if you enjoy watching Barcelona so just suit yourself.

And for the millionth time I don't hate Barcelona, hate is just too strong a feeling that I don't have the energy to give.

As for quality now, who are you to set the standards of what is being quality football and what is not?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But you love the club, and hence love to see us score. So beautiful football in your eyes equates to us scoring. So why watch other matches if everything else is ugly?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I am ready to answer your question when you ask me about something I said. I simply did not say that everything else is ugly.

I have always been a fan of tactical football with a direct approach. I prefer watching teams play like that than dribble and do fancy stuff. I prefer physical hard working players to natural dribblers. I like seeing a goal scored after a shot from distance than seeing a goal scored from a tap in after some dribbling and short passing. I prefer playing on the flanks than playing in the middle. And that's how I like football and this does not mean I am not a fan of football if I don't like the other school.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I didn't say I don't like watching fancy stuff either. I watch a lot of football and fancy stuff is there and I don't watch things I don't like. I said I prefer other approaches. Zidane used to do lots of fancy stuff but they were very much different from Ronaldinho's tricks. You got the point, I don't want to go on and on about it. I think I've said that hundreds of times.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
actually am with JCK here, it's always a joy to watch a highly tactical team. like for example Greece in 2004 they played a really great football and they won. on the other hand, i hate when i see barca game in which they are just want to dribble the whole defence.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #554
    There are no standards regarding quality football. You can enjoy any team performing but there's no standard.

Personally, I was enjoying Barcelona more with Luis Enrique, Rivaldo, Guardiola. And Ronaldinho's first couple of years at Barcelona wasn't bad too. I was also enjoying some quality football by Madrid season 02/03 even when we eliminated them i was enjoying their performance.

Other than that there are too many things a fan can enjoy, such as Gattuso's spirit on the pitch, Conte's never stop running attitude....etc

So there's no real standard IMHO.

Sep 1, 2002
    That's your opinion I guess. I don't enjoy Barcelona's style of football now who are you to judge my taste?

Same question goes to you. Who are you to judge my taste? I am a fan of football just as you are if you enjoy watching Barcelona so just suit yourself.

And for the millionth time I don't hate Barcelona, hate is just too strong a feeling that I don't have the energy to give.

As for quality now, who are you to set the standards of what is being quality football and what is not?
    Doesn't one make judgements in a debate?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    actually am with JCK here, it's always a joy to watch a highly tactical team. like for example Greece in 2004 they played a really great football and they won. on the other hand, i hate when i see barca game in which they are just want to dribble the whole defence.
    Greece was a joy to watch?

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

That's a good one. I like your sarcasm.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Doesn't one make judgements in a debate?
    I find it irritating and provoking. I did not judge you preferring Barcelona's play, did I? Feel free to love whatever you want; I am not here to set quality standards for football not specify who is a football fan or not.

Statements like "you're not a Juventus fan if you want Ranieri to coach the team" is humiliating and insulting and is judge based on an opinion. It is judgmental based on another opinion.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I don't like mediocrity and I am not certain that Ranieri will bring me titles but I fail to see what available coach can do a better job.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I enjoyed watchin Milan in 2003/2005 :sick:

I mean, i wanted to destroy something because they couldn't stop winning, but the football they played was just.... wow.
    Perfect balance between the defense and attack. They had highly technical players, capable of performing magic from time to time, but it wasn't just joga bonito as it's usually the case with Barcelona. Milan had a wall at the back (Cafu, Nesta, Stam, Maldini), with Gattuso playing great defense in midfield.

We played something close to it in the second half of Juve-Roma this year. Now, that's the football i want to see. Not just some useless possession. I want constant pressure, great defending and efficiency.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)