[Champions League] Zenit vs JUVENTUS (11/25/08) (2 Viewers)

Who will get in injured in this game?

• Manninger

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Camoranesi

• Sissoko

• Marchisio

• Nedved

• Iaquinta

• Del Piero

• Chimenti

• Legrottaglie

• De Ceglie

• Rossi

• Amauri

• Marchionni

• Giovinco

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
They could have got Inter out of their system against Reginna not this game as I have always believed that domestic leagues and cup competitions are totally different and I don't see how being in great form in 1 helps you to be good in the other.

We went on a very good run without really doing anything special on the field with no clear pattern of play but getting wins nonetheless as we seem to suffocate or bore the hell out of the oppostion and then beat them after boring them senseless.

Unfortunatley we met the masters of borinh the life out of the opposition in Inter and we lost that game but we would no doubt continue to stumble our way to victories without convincing anyone until we come up against another mightily boring opposition and then lose.

I still would have loved to have seen a lot of fringe players start this game though as there is absolutely no pint in them being in the squad if you are not going to use themin matches like this

So we won the matches just because the opposition was bored by our play? :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
So we won the matches just because the opposition was bored by our play? :lol:
If you can think of a better explanation then please enlighten me because I never saw any pattern in the way we played.

It was just lump the ball and hope that Amauri or Iaquinta would make the most of a ridiculous pass or that DP would score from a free kick.

The full backs are not useful at all going forward and yes we are defending well but there is absolutely nothing at all in the midfield.

Inter are even worse playing 8 defensive players and 3 attacking ones that I find absolutely disgraceful as teams like these do not deserve success. Against Palermo they actually started the game with 9 defensive players and 2 attacking ones.

I used to respect Mourinho but I have nothing but contempt for the guy now and back to Juventus I saw all our games barring Torino and Chievo during the 7 match winning streak and we were boring throughout

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #525
    First of all, Freekicks are part of the game Denco.

Second, I find it really funny, no offense, to say that we won just because our opponents were bored with our play. Care to enlighten me more about this? Like Real Madrid not giving their best in both legs because we were boring them?

Seriously, some of us are good when it comes to criticizing but when it comes to 7straight wins, we call it "they got bored of our play".... giving no credits to no one.

Our players gave all their hearts starting from the Madrid game in Turin. We all know and it's pretty obvious that we're not the most spectacular team to watch but we are not bad. Just look at other teams, how they perform in CL, or in their respective leagues and then you can tell that we haven't done a bad job.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    First of all, Freekicks are part of the game Denco.

Second, I find it really funny, no offense, to say that we won just because our opponents were bored with our play. Care to enlighten me more about this? Like Real Madrid not giving their best in both legs because we were boring them?

Seriously, some of us are good when it comes to criticizing but when it comes to 7straight wins, we call it "they got bored of our play".... giving no credits to no one.

Our players gave all their hearts starting from the Madrid game in Turin. We all know and it's pretty obvious that we're not the most spectacular team to watch but we are not bad. Just look at other teams, how they perform in CL, or in their respective leagues and then you can tell that we haven't done a bad job.
    All teams have to be Barcelona, as if Barcelona are interesting to watch :inter:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Denco is right in saying we don't really have any pattern of attack or style of play. If NASA would follow a team, it would be Juventus for sure.

Sep 1, 2002
    All teams have to be Barcelona, as if Barcelona are interesting to watch :inter:
    Of course they are interesting to watch: if you don't enjoy this attacking team then you have no real feel for football. They are playing out and out great football.

I support Juve, but that doesn't mean I find the way we play exciting, in fact it is all a bit ploddingly competent.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Of course they are interesting to watch: if you don't enjoy this attacking team then you have no real feel for football. They are playing out and out great football.

I support Juve, but that doesn't mean I find the way we play exciting, in fact it is all a bit ploddingly competent.
    :tup:

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Are you even a football fan? :D Did you just happen to chance upon Juve, without having no regard for the sport itself?

Because you being disgusted by quality football is utterly bizzare. If you are serious, please tell me its just Barca hate, even if thats weird, it makes more sense the the alternative.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    People can like different styles of football, but to think that we play some sort of football that is in any way attractive is just weird. We have the steez of a Ford F150.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    If you can think of a better explanation then please enlighten me because I never saw any pattern in the way we played.

It was just lump the ball and hope that Amauri or Iaquinta would make the most of a ridiculous pass or that DP would score from a free kick.

The full backs are not useful at all going forward and yes we are defending well but there is absolutely nothing at all in the midfield.

Inter are even worse playing 8 defensive players and 3 attacking ones that I find absolutely disgraceful as teams like these do not deserve success. Against Palermo they actually started the game with 9 defensive players and 2 attacking ones.

I used to respect Mourinho but I have nothing but contempt for the guy now and back to Juventus I saw all our games barring Torino and Chievo during the 7 match winning streak and we were boring throughout
    We weren't the most enjoyable team to watch, I know. But your argument that we won because the opponents were BORED by our play is ridiculous. Can you actually imagine eleven oppposition players getting bored by our play and letting us win? :lol: Arsenal play beautiful football and have done so in the past seasons, but they have won nothing for years (sorry Fred :D).

Shit, I still can't figure out how can a team be bored by the opposition's style of play.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    We weren't the most enjoyable team to watch, I know. But your argument that we won because the opponents were BORED by our play is ridiculous. Can you actually imagine eleven oppposition players getting bored by our play and letting us win? :lol: Arsenal play beautiful football and have done so in the past seasons, but they have won nothing for years (sorry Fred :D).

Shit, I still can't figure out how can a team be bored by the opposition's style of play.
    no they were bored...didn't you see the game? Danny was sleeping with Pogrebnyak in a tent they had set up near the left corner flag

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)