[Champions League] Real Madrid vs JUVENTUS (11/05/08) (18 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
:touched:

I had tears today watching Juventus not only because we won against Real Madrid and we qualified, not only because of my favorite player scoring a brace and getting a standing ovation, but because when you think of the hard times the team/fans passed through, it was really an emotional night as a Juventus supporter.

Our players were playing with their hearts before using their feet/mind. I think I'll never forget this day. Just when you think you were in Serie B, everybody against us and look where we are now.... just like this ART commentator said "You're never too old, Old lady:.

Alessandro Del Piero:touched:, what can I say, forgive me Ale but you're Juventus and Juventus is you, at least to me. You're not only part of this flag, you are the flag. Like Hoori said, we're indeed lucky as Juventus fans to witness this Legend. A legend that steps in once in a lifetime.

The way Maradona stood up alongside Real Madrid fans to applaud you, the way Juventus fans kept chanting your name for the entire 90min, the way Ranieri celebrated your goal.....Maradona was spot on tonight when he said Del Piero just never gets old. Long live Capitano.

I also want to give credits for Ranieri. I'm proud to say that I've always trusted this man and I've always appreciated though he made couple of mistakes IMO, but good thing I never thought of bashing him. He used his tactics superbly against a tough team, he just did great.

Manninger -7- Couple of good saves. I like the passion he's got.

Mellberg -7.5- One of his best matches. Should be appluaded for also playing RB.
Legrotta -6.5- Good defending...specially in the 2nd half.
Chiellini -7- Great match Giorgio. Though you ruined it for Marco.
Molinaro -6.5- He keeps impressing me a lot recently. Enjoyed his solid match.

Sissoko -7- Perfect 2nd half, managed to control his early yellow card.
Tiago -6- Decent. He did some good defending in his first half.
Marco -6- Terible in the first half, but improved somehow in the 2nd.
Nedved -6.5- I love you, Pavel.

Del Piero -8.5- GOD
Amauri -6.5- Never stopped running, never gave up. I wanted him to score. But it's alright, he'll do it next time.

Ranieri 7.5 Tactically, you did great, Claudio. Though I really wanted to see Giovinco in place of Alex in the last 5min and not De Ceglie. But I can't really complain.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
:touched:

I had tears today watching Juventus not only because we won against Real Madrid and we qualified, not only because of my favorite player scoring a brace and getting a standing ovation, but because when you think of the hard times the team/fans passed through, it was really an emotional night as a Juventus supporter.

Our players were playing with their hearts before using their feet/mind. I think I'll never forget this day. Just when you think you were in Serie B, everybody against us and look where we are now.... just like this ART commentator said "You're never too old, Old lady:.

Alessandro Del Piero:touched:, what can I say, forgive me Ale but you're Juventus and Juventus is you, at least to me. You're not only part of this flag, you are the flag. Like Hoori said, we're indeed lucky as Juventus fans to witness this Legend. A legend that steps in once in a lifetime.

The way Maradona stood up alongside Real Madrid fans to applaud you, the way Juventus fans kept chanting your name for the entire 90min, the way Ranieri celebrated your goal.....Maradona was spot on tonight when he said Del Piero just never gets old. Long live Capitano.

I also want to give credits for Ranieri. I'm proud to say that I've always trusted this man and I've always appreciated though he made couple of mistakes IMO, but good thing I never thought of bashing him. He used his tactics superbly against a tough team, he just did great.

Manninger -7- Couple of good saves. I like the passion he's got.

Mellberg -7.5- One of his best matches. Should be appluaded for also playing RB.
Legrotta -6.5- Good defending...specially in the 2nd half.
Chiellini -7- Great match Giorgio. Though you ruined it for Marco.
Molinaro -6.5- He keeps impressing me a lot recently. Enjoyed his solid match.

Sissoko -7- Perfect 2nd half, managed to control his early yellow card.
Tiago -6- Decent. He did some good defending in his first half.
Marco -6- Terible in the first half, but improved somehow in the 2nd.
Nedved -6.5- I love you, Pavel.

Del Piero -8.5- GOD
Amauri -6.5- Never stopped running, never gave up. I wanted him to score. But it's alright, he'll do it next time.

Ranieri 7.5 Tactically, you did great, Claudio. Though I really wanted to see Giovinco in place of Alex in the last 5min and not De Ceglie. But I can't really complain.
<www.juventuz.com>

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Now stop drooling & put your sausage back in your draws!:D

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
U know what's great about juve ? It's the fact that the majority of our fans knew (as a fact) back when we we're in serie B that one day we'll watch such pictures as the one you posted up there. Absalutely love this club.
I wanted to bring this back up for the memory, this was a historic day for me at least where i got to experience some crazy emotions and i wanted to reshare them with you guys. :flag3:

http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17526

:flag3: :flag3: :flag3: :flag3: :flag3: :flag3: :flag3:

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Most have been said but anyway here goes. Impressive teamwork display organized by "RUINeri" who has shown once again that he knows how to take on big games. My prediction beforehand was a draw and that was where it was probably gonna end if it wasn't for Alessandro Del Piero.

Manninger 6.5
Wasn't seriously tested but I can bet you Chimenti would have found a way to fumble at least two of their attempts into our net. What bothers the shit out of me with Manninger though is that he seems unaware of the fact that goalkeepers in football are allowed to leave the goal line.

Mellberg 7
As I said before the game this man isn't too shabby and definitely not one to crack under the pressure of playing at a packed stadium vs a world class team. He's done it time and time again during his career and it is very rare that he is schooled as was the concern among some of the clueless guys over here.

Legro 7.5
Immense and should be starter for the Azzurri ahead of Cannavaro the hasbeen. Enough said.

Chiellini 7
And there is his partner for the Azzurri. Needs to stop causing me a heartache with those elbows and clumsy fouls inside the penalty area.

Molinaro 6.5
Had a good game but he is still too passive at times.

Marchionni 6
Defensively solid and obviously a player that follows Ranieri's orders word by word and hence gets to play all the time. Does little going forward but still I am not totally unsatisfied with him as was the case some of the games lately.

Sissoko 6.5
A monster as usual but he does leave me frustrated with those aggressive outburst studds up sliding challenges against an opponent that is in the middle of the park, back against our goal that always get him booked. What the hell is that about? He needs to be smarter.

Tiago 7
The difference between him and Marchisio was shown today, imo.

Nedved 6.5
Did well and ran his ass off.

Del Piero 8
No words needed.

Amauri 5.5
He actually dissappointed me today. He is allowed to have a rare off game though and I won't go on a rant about his display today. He did look clumsy every time with the ball at his feet though but compensated with top notch air play and fighting spirit.

:ultra:

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Herald Tribune

Juventus beats Real Madrid 2-0 in Champions League

MADRID, Spain: Alessandro Del Piero scored twice Wednesday to give Juventus a 2-0 win over Real Madrid to advance to the knockout stage of the Champions League.

Del Piero, who also scored in the Juventus' 2-1 win over Madrid at Turin two weeks ago, scored in the 17th minute by curling a left-footed shot beyond goalkeeper Iker Casillas at Santiago Bernabeu stadium.

The Italy striker capped Juventus' first success in the Spanish capital in 46 years by scoring from a free kick in the 67th for his 41st Champions League goal.

New Argentina coach Diego Maradona came to watch Madrid's Argentine players, but it was Del Piero who stole the show.

"I'm pleased to have scored in front of Maradona. I hope Diego comes to watch us play more often," said Del Piero, who exited in the 90th to a standing ovation from 80,000 fans.

"I live off these types of emotions. I'm pleased the fans gave me that applause when I came off. This is a crazy stadium and it was a very important game for us. It's a good moment for me."

Juventus tops Group H with 10 points, four ahead of Madrid. Zenit St. Petersburg's 2-0 victory over BATE Borisov gave it four points and kept the Russian club in the hunt for the other spot into the last 16. Borisov has two points.

"Evidently, this is a stadium that brings me luck," Juventus coach Claudio Ranieri said. "I had already won here with Atletico Madrid and Valencia when I coached in Spain. We wanted to advance and we did. Now we'll do our best to finish first in the group."

Last season, Madrid lost 2-1 at home to AS Roma to be eliminated from the knockout stages. Madrid had won five straight against Italian opponents before that.

Madrid had 17 shots but Juventus' back four overpowered the hosts inside the area so that only three were on goal.

"Fortune wasn't at our side on several occasions, but this is a Champions League game so you have to move on. There are still more games to play," Madrid coach Bernd Schuster said. "What we did, what we have to do, was much better than what I expected against Juve."

Jose Maria "Guti" Gutierrez lost the ball as Marco Marchionni set up Del Piero, who ran across the top of the area before scoring first with a low shot inside the near post.

Madrid defender Sergio Ramos volleyed over the crossbar in the 24th and Ruud van Nistelrooy fired high in the 37th as Madrid enjoyed the better momentum to the close the first half.

An injury-depleted Juventus didn't have many first-half chances. Amauri, who scored the winner at Turin, stole the ball from Heinze in the 41st only to have his shot blocked.

Juventus defender Olof Mellberg blocked Drenthe's shot in the 43rd after Guti had set the Dutchman clear down the left flank. Mahamadou Diarra then headed wide to close out the half with Madrid pressing for the equalizer.

"If we created more chances, it's because we were tactically phenomenal. We just didn't find the net," Schuster said.

The German manager was up out of his seat in the 52nd when Raul Gonzalez was muscled down in the area. But Madrid didn't get the call and felt hard done by several more similar instances.

Maradona, appointed coach on Monday, has traveled to assess the form of the European-based players he hopes will help the country qualify for the 2010 World Cup. He got a chance to see Gonzalo Higuain from the 65th after he replaced Sneijder. The Argentina striker shot over in the 70th with Juventus happy to sit back and defend. Madrid threatened with crosses from either flank, but the Italians cleared most efforts.

Del Piero took advantage of Madrid's poor communication to curl the ball around the defensive wall and leave Casillas flat-footed as the ball sailed into the empty side of goal.

"I'm unbelievably happy," said the 33-year-old Del Piero, who nearly had a hat trick after swiveling to flash a shot just wide of the post in the 87th. "We won, we played a great game and I scored goals. What could be better?"

nowayjose

Sep 23, 2008
I think Sissoko's contract has an unnecessary studs up tackle from behind clause - at least one a game or he gets a paycut :)

Great game - the little artist was magical. I knew the free kick was going in as soon as it was whistled!

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
Hey guys, this may seem petty to some of you or what not, and you may think im stupid, or there is no point. But to me it just symbolises what it means to believe in your team and never lose faith in them. And it's not meant to be a diss towards Ahmed or any such thing, i just want you guys to know, that you shouldn't doubt juve, or u may end up the same way, Forza Juve, i love you, and i love Del Piero, he is simply godlike, a completely godlike player and human being. (Obviously this was posted b4 the first game vs Real)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia
The thing is , when we play Real, at home we will draw or win, and when we play them away we will win for sure. I would bet my life on it.

Reply by Ahmed: I'll take that bet, especially the 2nd one

Now not only does he owe me my life , lol :p. But he has doubted our ability as a team, and i hope he learns from this not to, because Juve owns, and never lose faith my friends, we can always do it.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Who would have expected Juventus to qualify at this stage of the knockout phase when so many people predicted that we will struggle in the "death group"?

Juventus certainly did a wonderful job in Bernabeu, scoring 2 crucial goals by our phenomenonal captain, Alessandro Del Piero. The 1st goal is pure beauty while the 2nd goal is just the perfect icing on the cake to take home 3 valuable points from Real Madrid, a team that boasts many world class players. Del Piero has once again demonstrated that he has still got the skills and technique to win games even @ the age of 34. And the standing ovation from Maradona and the Spanish fans sums it all!

This prestigious victory makes me love Juventus even more&#65281;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)