[Champions League] Real Madrid vs JUVENTUS (11/05/08) (4 Viewers)

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Obviously we will go there looking for a win, but Madrid will want revenge for the 1st leg, especially infront of their home fans. They will have extra motivation, on top of a strong squad. I'll be happy if we manage a tie.

Buy on AliExpress.com

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Obviously we will go there looking for a win, but Madrid will want revenge for the 1st leg, especially infront of their home fans. They will have extra motivation, on top of a strong squad. I'll be happy if we manage a tie.
if they really want revenge and are driven by this feeling, than we got even more chances to bring this one "home". an angry opponent is always more vulnerable on the counter attack than someone who does think about every move carefully and waits for his chance.

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
Real Madrid drew against Almeria today(1-1). They didn't look impressive at all. Pepe went out injured, but I dont think it's serious. Van der Vaart was on the bench, Sneijder played. I hope that's gonna be the case against us too, because VdV is superior to Sneijder IMO.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
If we win are we certain of qualification?

EDIT: will work it out here myself,

Current Table:
Juve 7
real 6
bate 2
Zenit 1

If we win and BATE win then we would need one point to qualify; should we win and Bate-Zenit draw we are secure of qualification, but not of first place; should we and Zenit win then we would just have to not do worse than a 1-0 loss in Russia.
If we draw and Bate-Zenit draw we would need a draw to qualify.
If we lose and they draw we would still be 4 points ahead of Bate who would have 3 points.
So qualification is in our hands

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If we win are we certain of qualification?

EDIT: will work it out here myself,

Current Table:
Juve 7
real 6
bate 2
Zenit 1

If we win and BATE win then we would need one point to qualify; should we win and Bate-Zenit draw we are secure of qualification, but not of first place; should we and Zenit win then we would just have to not do worse than a 1-0 loss in Russia.
If we draw and Bate-Zenit draw we would need a draw to qualify.
If we lose and they draw we would still be 4 points ahead of Bate who would have 3 points.
So qualification is in our hands
You listed all outcomes except for the worst one, if we lose and BATE win.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Yeah was kind of hoping that it isn't a possibility, though i'd rather BATE win rather than Zenit, since bate have to play us at home on the last matchday, and play Real in round 5, while Zenit would encounter us in Russia next matchday in the extreme conditions that Russia has, and then a REal which would have qualified if they beat us on Wed

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Were as good as through already. We will beat BATE at home and get at least 1 point from the other 2 matches. That would do wouldn't it?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yeah was kind of hoping that it isn't a possibility, though i'd rather BATE win rather than Zenit, since bate have to play us at home on the last matchday, and play Real in round 5, while Zenit would encounter us in Russia next matchday in the extreme conditions that Russia has, and then a REal which would have qualified if they beat us on Wed
I was thinking about this the other day.
I know that Zenit will have an advantage in such extreme conditions but it won't be a huge advantage.
Zenit are a technical team that plays with lots of passing, with possession football, and keeps things on the ground a lot. We on the other hand are the opposite of Zenit. We rely on sheer power a lot and we play long balls. We are fighters, they are artists. The potential snow in St. Petersburg is what Zenit's Dutch coach won't pray for. You can be sure about that. Their total football won't work on such pitch.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
i hope to see a good game from us our confidence is high obviously i want a win but i will definetly settle for a draw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)