[Champions League] Real Madrid vs JUVENTUS (11/05/08) (10 Viewers)

sacrer

Nov 6, 2006
A tie would be great i think..
but we should definitly not play for one, because we'll end up losing. We need to start strong like we did 2 weeks ago.

Aug 1, 2003
I would be happy with a draw however we're in such a good momentum ..... winning there would seem too good to be true but so long as we don't lose and put in a good performance (even if boring), it'll be ok

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
• One of the Italian club's most important successes against Madrid came in the 2002/03 UEFA Champions League semi-final as Juventus triumphed 2-0 at home to overturn a 2-1 first-leg defeat in Spain, Trezeguet on target at the Santiago Bernabéu when Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos earned the home side victory. In the final, the Bianconeri drew 0-0 with AC Milan after extra time and a 3-2 loss on penalties denied Juve the chance to add to their 1996 crown.

don't want to be rude but..wasn't it 3-1 at Turin ?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I dont see us losing just like that. For all our problems, even at our worst (which we aren't anymore), we are a very tough side to beat. Against Madrid we always bring something extra as well.

At least a draw, if not more.

Geof

May 14, 2004
We don't need to take points to go through the next stage, but if we want to top the group a draw is the minimum.

I think the most important thing is to keep the team on a high. Winning this would be great for the confidence and would definitely put us back as force to be reckoned with in Europe.

But I wouldn't be too worried if we can't make it, there's a lot less pressure for this match.

Oh, and if we play like yesterday, I don't think Madrid can stop us.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
As much I was happy to see the confidence back in Tiago I am even more happy to see the confidence back in Dominic.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
I'd be happy with a draw, our lads are tired and have been playing exceptionally. I would love to see tiago starting for us against real and scoring.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
We don't need to take points to go through the next stage, but if we want to top the group a draw is the minimum.

I think the most important thing is to keep the team on a high. Winning this would be great for the confidence and would definitely put us back as force to be reckoned with in Europe.

But I wouldn't be too worried if we can't make it, there's a lot less pressure for this match.

:agree:

Getting Camo back will be a big advantage for us as it will give them something different to think about from the first game. I don't know if he will start but i think we will some impact from him. Hopefully the same will be said about Gio.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I just hope the team stays grounded as as 4 mins on the trot is great but a win against madrid is extremely imo.Not only in terms of progress in the competition but also adding some much needed respect & glamour to the name Juventus.

With january coming up & if we do decide on bringing in new blood,I just hope its a player with the characteristics lacking at the club.Im not to optimistic about this one but I hope Im wrong.

A draw would be acceptable.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Save the speech. I agree with everything. If we win this match, It'll give us extra push and motivation for our next matches like it did with our first game with them in Turin.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
I think we should play our young boys in this game. What better chance to prove themselves than against the Real Madrid on their own ground. It would be a great chance for players like Ekdal, Rossi, Giovinco, De Ceglie , ariaudo to give it their all and show their worth.

We aren't going to play for the win anyway, we might as well start the players that are fresh and have a lot to prove rather than play our old guard such as Ale and Neddy who desperately need a rest.

The younger players will be very hungry for the win; it will be very interesting to see what they can do.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Why wouldn't we play for the win? I don't think it's really healthy throwing our youngsters there. Not at all.

Playing against Real Madrid is like a dream for some but you need experienced players there. Plus we haven't qualified yet. I think they can prove themselves against Bate at home If anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)