[Champions League] Juventus v Artmedia Bratislava (August 13th, 2008) (10 Viewers)

Who was the Man of the match ?

• Del Piero

• Camoranesi

• Sissoko

• Chiellini

• Poulsen

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Nedved is suspended, don't put him in your line-ups.

My line-up (assuming that Zanetti and Molinaro will be back)

Buffon
Zebina-Mellberg-Chiellini-Molinaro
Camoranesi-Sissoko-Zanetti
Iaquinta-Trezeguet-Del Piero​

What i expect to see though is a 4-4-2 with Salihamidzic taking Nedved's place at ML and with Trez-Del Piero in attack. Perhaps even Poulsen instead of Zanetti since Cristiano missed the last weeks of trainings.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
In case we see a 4-4-2

Buffon
Zebina Mellberg Chiellini Grygera
Camoranesi Sissoko Zanetti Marchionni
Del Piero Trezeguet

(It's already difficult as a fan to choose two of our strikers,poor Ranieri)

In case we field a 4-3-3

Buffon
Zebina Mellberg Chiellini Grygera
Camoranesi Sissoko Zanetti
Iaquinta Amauri Del Piero

If Molinaro is fit he'll take over Zdenek's place.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
It'll be interesting to see who Ranieri starts up front and thus the "pecking order".. I've got a feeling it'll be Amauri - Del Piero

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
You're right, tried and tested might be the way to go in a game as important as this, no matter the quality of the opposition

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Buffon

What i expect to see though is a 4-4-2 with Salihamidzic taking Nedved's place at ML and with Trez-Del Piero in attack. Perhaps even Poulsen instead of Zanetti since Cristiano missed the last weeks of trainings.
100%... I like it

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007

Buffon

I like the formation but if it were against a team of high quality I think we'd struggle, espicially linking our midfield with attack and in particular Del Piero being on the wing as opposed to his accustomed role up front supporting a striker.. Now I'm not bashing Ale and I don't want to upset Rab but we are seeing more and more that playing Del Piero wide just doesn't suit his game & one of the main reasons he has continued to perform at such a high quality level is his ability to evolve and thus play to his strengths with the knowledge that some parts of his game are not as good as they were and in thus doing so has become more reliant on other skills.. What I'm trying to say is that playing Del Piero in a wide position up front or even 4-3-3 is detremental to the skills he has focused on which has made him become even more prevelant as he gets older

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)