[Champions League] JUVENTUS 2-2 Chelsea (03/10/2009) (3 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Nedved

• Tiago

• Marchisio

• Iaquinta

• Trezeguet

• Del Piero

• Giovinco

• Alberto Undiano Mallenco (ref)

• Juventus (team play)

Results are only viewable after voting.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
I think it would work. In CL we conceded less goals than any other team, and should i say also thanks those 2? Also I saw stats here posted alsready and it was very positive.

On another note i noticed that many members were against "resting"- rotation of the players..
Now ask yourself this: If DP and Trez could save 5% of energy for Chelsea game wouldn't that be good move?

Game against Torino should not be some rehearsal as our players play together and train even 2 times a day dont they?

In game against Chelsea we are not allowed to make single mistake in defense. If they dont score in first 90 minutes, Im sure we have great chance of winning ;)

:flag3:
game & training r 2 completely diff things. chemistry on the training pitch does not always transfer onto the field, chemistry on field stays on field. but i'm not saying training isn't important

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Injuries could happen in training too... the thing is that ADP was rested in the mid week game as well... the problem is that you need to be sharp on the field... if you are out of it for quite sometime, chances are that the player will be a little sluggish to start of in the game... most of the teams played most of their first team players during the weekend game...

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Although I predicted a 4-4-2 earlier, For some reason I have a feeling that Ranieri is not going to play the usual 4-4-2, but going to bring in a surprise and change his formation to a 4-3-3 putting Del Piero, Trez and Amauri up front with DelPiero coming back behind the other 2 strikers. And then since Marchionni and Sissoko is not fit, he will play with 3 midfeilders including Nedved, who will move more to the center just like he did in the Real game where he was very good.

Buffon
Grygera - Chellini - Legro/ - Molinaro
Poulsen - Marchisio - Nedved
Amauri - DelPiero - Trez

Considering that Chelsea would most probably stay back and wait for us, maybe this wouldnt be such a good idea, and once we score a goal we can swich Trez/Amauri with Marchionni, back to 4-4-2
:agree: agree, ranieri should field a 4-3-3 formation for this game...

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Momo being out could possibly be a blessing in disguise, Marchisio had a storming game at Stamford bridge and could easily come into contention. Poulsen has hardly set the heather alight but tbh that is not his job,he could easily come in and add some strength in there and his not inconsiderable experience in european knockout competition could be valuable! then there is Thiago who,if Chelsea sit back, would find the space to play effectively and help pull the strings in midfield for us....there is hope people

that said though i believe the folk asking for us to go 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-3 are asking for trouble, chelsea try and play too much through the middle these days when their real success has always been down the wings, you shut down the wings and you stifle them. 4-4-2 is the best formation to play against chelsea,even if it is not the most adventurous one

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Eℓvin;1922655 said:
I dunno, Momo's absence could be a blessing in disguise. We shall see..
I had a nasty feeling come over me when I heard he was injured & I really dont see a good side to this.

juventusi

Jul 22, 2002
ranieri should approach this game with caution, as if conceiding a goal would mean knocked out, in other words playing for zero-zero and then we would surely score a goal
i have a good feeling about this

sidd

Sep 1, 2005
I think Marchisio - Tiago would leave us a lil bit vulnerable in the mid, we need a bit of steel in there after Momo going out....Poulsen needs to turn in a ripper of a performance iff we`re to get anywhere close to beating chelski with the required margin

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Tiago can only play one half well and he goes missing in the second half... so Poulsen in for Tiago after 60 mins... start with Tiago and Marchisio... one of them is gonna score a long range beauty...

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I would go for

Buffon

Grygera -- Legrottaglie -- Chiellini -- Molinaro

Giovinco -- Marchisio -- Poulsen -- Nedved

Amauri -- Del Piero​

Yes, I ould try Giovinco on the right flank, as Marchionni is not 100%; and Brazzo is not a help at the moment. We need creativity. We need Gio!

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
This is looking trully ominous. Our strikers have only scored 1 goal in 2009 and that was Amauri's goal against Samp (I think)..and here we are needing 2 with the prospect of Brazzo at RW and Momo out

I have a feeling all 3 of our central midfielders available might play from the start

Something like

-----Marchisio-----Poulsen------Tiago-----
---------------------Nedved-----------------

CR has done something similar using Marcionni where Nedved is in some games but in the later stages of the game

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
I would go for

Buffon

Grygera -- Legrottaglie -- Chiellini -- Molinaro

Giovinco -- Marchisio -- Poulsen -- Nedved

Amauri -- Del Piero​

Yes, I ould try Giovinco on the right flank, as Marchionni is not 100%; and Brazzo is not a help at the moment. We need creativity. We need Gio!

If Gio is at RM, he will need the wall in the form of Mellberg at RB behind. Unlikely for CR to try Gio there, but will be great if he does.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
icεmαή;1922671 said:
Injuries could happen in training too... the thing is that ADP was rested in the mid week game as well... the problem is that you need to be sharp on the field... if you are out of it for quite sometime, chances are that the player will be a little sluggish to start of in the game... most of the teams played most of their first team players during the weekend game...
of course that injuries can happen in trainings too, but also it will not be the same if Momo will challenge Nedved or Ibrahimovic...

Yes I agree it would be good to play some of players against Lazio, but ....

Chelsea will easier get on their knees if we attack them from sides and 442 would be fine..Of course we shall see more attacking formation towards the end in case that we are still chasing result..But going on 433 now, it would be suicide.

Only one thing is sure it will be plenty of drama on tuesday eve..

Tha Bo$$

May 15, 2003
As much as it sucks, CR is gonna play Brazzo at right wing. Why else would he leave him on for 90mins against Torino? the only reason I can see is to get his fitness levels up, as he was giving us nothing down the right side. If CR was gonna play Giovinco on the RW against Chelsea then surely we would have seen him play there against Torino when Neddy came on?

The team I see CR picking is

Buffon

Melberg Legrottaigle Chiellini Molinaro

Salihamidzic Tiago Poulsen Nedved

Del Piero Trezeguet

Maybe he might start Marchisio in place of one of the other cm's, but who knows.

If Legro isn't fit and Grygera can't make it either then Melberg is gonna play CB and the mistake prone Zebina is gonna have to play RB - if that becomes reality then we're in for a hiding.

I don't think we'll get through with that team tbh :frown: :cry:

The only thing I can think of which gives me positive thoughts is the thrashing Chelsea got off Roma in the stadio Olympico. If Roma can do it then so can we. FORZA JUVE!!

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I would prefer to see Poulsen in place of Tiago partnering Marchisio in the middle, if we are to adopt the 4-4-2, as is likely. The Dane has not found his rhythm yet, but he will add much more steel to the central area, than Tiago, and who knows, perhaps we will see a few sparks of the form he showed to persuade us to buy him originally. Having two dogged, tenacious types in the middle, means our attacking thrust will be focused on the wings. Nedved can be relied upon to do his most dastardly, but on the other flank, Marchionni, if he plays, could be as anonymous as normal, and Giovinco, while I would love to see him play, is not at all used to playing in that position. If Gio plays from the start, we would be more threatening pulling Nedved, Marchiso and Poulsen together, and having Sebastian play in the hole between them and DP and hopefully Trezeguet. Still, this seems unlikely, despite the excitement value of that formation on paper, and in our Giovinco loving hearts and childish minds. I am sure I am not the only one who sees Giovinco as a player capable of winning the game for us, through a moment of three of magic.

Buffon
Grygera Legro Chiellini Molinaro
Marchionni Marchisio Poulsen Nedved
DP Trez

If Poulsen plays, he will sit back, as an anchor man, which will allow Marchisio to push forward, which he likes to do...Marchisio is capable of shooting from range and of driving through the middle of the park before either shooting or laying the ball off to a winger, or through to one of our forwards. Poulsen will need to play like Momo, showing, if not great technique, then a constant and unwavering level of harassment to the Chelsea midfield.

Do we have any news on Legro and Marchionni***

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)