[Champions League] JUVENTUS 2-2 Chelsea (03/10/2009) (2 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Nedved

• Tiago

• Marchisio

• Iaquinta

• Trezeguet

• Del Piero

• Giovinco

• Alberto Undiano Mallenco (ref)

• Juventus (team play)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
While we do have a set of racist fans, it's always difficult to figure out who is behind the taunts. Chelsea's Headhunters have racist tyrants within them, plus I distinctly remember some people at the Bridge taunting Eto'o in the first leg Quarters a few years ago. Did Chelsea get sanctioned for that? I don't think so.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
What was the objective before the game started, thats right we had to win by 2 clear goals.

Would you mind telling me how you expect to beat any team let alone a team with Chelsea's calibre of players (whether they play well or not is immaterial to this question) with Marchisio, Tiago and Sali in the midfield?

It did not matter if we conceded 1, 2 or 3 goals, we still had to win by 2 clear goals and since Sali does not contribute to offence then he should not be on the field.

Chelsea are a great side on paper, the names are impressive but paper and names do not win football matches, performances do and over 2 legs they did not have to be that impressive to beat us.

I just hope we do not fall into the habit of applauding failures in the guise of being proud of our boys' performances.

At half-time Ray Wilkins was asked about Chelsea on live TV and he was so mad with Chelsea's performance saying they did not play well at all and did not pass the ball at all well.

This with them 1-1 at half-time but Wilkins was still annoyed. This is what champions are made of not being proud at going out at this stage. We are not Roma and should avoid the trap of falling into accepting failures.
So your idea would have been to let them rule the midfield which in turn would get them more oppurtunities to score... and then no matter how many they score, we score two more than them?

(the first bolded part) you are clearly biased against Brazzo that you aren't willing to recognize what he did... instead if you saw a 'Giovinco' on paper you'd be more than satisfied (not really) even if we gave away more goals...

Nobody is proud of going out at this stage, but all of us (well, most of us) here are proud of the effort put in by the lads...

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
You are not really suggesting that Inter were favored by the referee last nite are you? I know you hate Inter and all but dude get a grip.

When was the last time you have seen 1 player John O'shea kick the same player Balotelli 5 times and not get booked?
Not to forget that there was a clear foul on Zlatan in the first half before he entered the box.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
don't know if this is true or not, apparently we are being investigated by UEFA for raciest chants aimed at Drogba
It's sad.

for a club that has players like sissoko, and in the past davids,appiah,thuram etc... this is a joke. A pathetic cheap shot by chelsea to tarnish our name
Well, Roma have Juan and Baptista and in the past they had Ferrari, Kuffor, Nonda etc yet they are infamous in Italy because of their fans' racist chants against their opponents' black players. Same applies for Lazio who have Dabo and Diakite and in the past they had Liverani or for Real who have Diarra and Drente and in the past had Seedorf and Makelele :shifty:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
While we do have a set of racist fans, it's always difficult to figure out who is behind the taunts. Chelsea's Headhunters have racist tyrants within them, plus I distinctly remember some people at the Bridge taunting Eto'o in the first leg Quarters a few years ago. Did Chelsea get sanctioned for that? I don't think so.
no these english dogs never get sanctioned for sh*t.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Not to forget that there was a clear foul on Zlatan in the first half before he entered the box.
You mean when he hit O'Shea? That wasn't foul, he tried to pass the ball to himself but O'Shea had to cover his side, there was no push, Zlatan hit him.

100% correct call by the ref.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The ref was a disaster
at first he went against Chelsea calling for offside wrong on Anelka but anyway he missed it
Drogba`s FK was too difficult to judge
then he decided to be pro Chelsea and made some idiotic and non proffesional ruling like not sending off a player who touched the ball intentionly on Ballack but this one you could say he didn`t want to waste time or something altough he shouldn`t do it and should have been a red
then Belleti tries to follow him and doesnt get a red eigther
then Cech does the same thing outside the box and also not getting a red

while Chiellini did get one altough a deserved one
We ended up with 10 men Chelsea should have with 8
I really think the ref was a disaster

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
icεmαή;1928146 said:
So your idea would have been to let them rule the midfield which in turn would get them more oppurtunities to score... and then no matter how many they score, we score two more than them?

(the first bolded part) you are clearly biased against Brazzo that you aren't willing to recognize what he did... instead if you saw a 'Giovinco' on paper you'd be more than satisfied (not really) even if we gave away more goals...

Nobody is proud of going out at this stage, but all of us (well, most of us) here are proud of the effort put in by the lads...
Rule the midfield? What has that got to do with anything?

Whether they have opportunities to score and whether they score from them are 2 different things, the fact of the matter is that because of our lame ass 1st leg performance that some people inexpilcably are proud of we were left with too much to do against a side thats good defensively.

Biased against Brazzo? I do not give a monkeys about him as a person just his ability to contribute positively to the side that he did not show in the game.

I am sure everyone including those like myself that are lamenting were proud of the effort they put in but it was not earth shattering and slighty overrated as we did put out Barcelona with 10 men too and do not give me that was a better Juventus cos that Barcelona was a better Chelsea and it was at the Nou camp.

I was 1 of those that praised Ranieri's work last season but there is nothing to praise now cos his starting 11 was forced upon him, it was not a stroke of genius.

Do you remember Italy vs France euro2000? France finished that game with about 6 attacking players at the very least because they had nothing to lose so the manager went for it and they won.

Here you are more worried about the opposition scoring when you know before the game started that you had to beat them by 2 clear goals.

I go to channel4.com and start reading nonsense like italian teams have nothing to be ashamed of after 3 of them went out against english sides and only Udinese as we speak is still in Europe by 12th of March.

Galliani is blaming it on finance like it is because of finance that they are buying players that are past their prime.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
No I was waiting for you to provide stats of the game since that is your stock in trade.
How many metres or miles that each player covered ergo this team deserved to defeat the other

Essien14

Mar 10, 2009
no these english dogs never get sanctioned for sh*t.
No because there was no racism. Eto's team had just lost the game and he was upset and wanted to cause problems. He also spat at one of the Chelsea pitch staff and had to be restrained.

It's easy to make claims of racism when things aren't going your way.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
What was the objective before the game started, thats right we had to win by 2 clear goals

It did not matter if we conceded 1, 2 or 3 goals, we still had to win by 2 clear goals and since Sali does not contribute to offence then he should not be on the field.
Pretty much what I've been asking since Tuesday. You don't put on a defensive substitute when you need two goals against last year's CL finalist to win -- particularly when they've clean-sheeted you once already, and they have a reputation for playing tough on defense in the CL.

Bah, such a disappointment. I thought you were going to tell us how great and successfull Porto is.
Sad to say, I don't even see any "dark horses" in the remaining matches now. The EPL teams are going to run roughshod over any competition other than themselves now. (Barca included.)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
if you say that you like Ranieri, i will send you that pic of Ibra
Oh man, that CR is just awesome. He has the best substitution patterns, and I really enjoy the way he runs our 36 year old legend into the ground twice a week. Thank god he didn't push the board for Alonso, because we ended up with Cristian Poulsen instead, and where would we be without the dane?

Honestly, I don't hate Ranieri the way some people do, but I can't really say that I see eye to eye with him on a lot of his decisions. However, as I mentioned before, it's all too easy to criticize from afar...

Considering where we were a short time ago, I'm happy with the direction our team is going in. Realistically, this team has accomplished some significant goals under Ranieri (CL on the first try was HUGE, especially when you consider Milan didn't even make it). I must say that I do wish that Deschamps had stuck around to coach us in Serie A...

You don't actually have that picture of Ibra, do you? Cause I really wanna see him get drilled in the face. :p

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
You are not really suggesting that Inter were favored by the referee last nite are you? I know you hate Inter and all but dude get a grip.

When was the last time you have seen 1 player John O'shea kick the same player Balotelli 5 times and not get booked?

From a personal point of view I do not like Spanish referees taking charge of games between seriea and epl but uefa always put them in charge and they keep giving the EPL sides the good decisions.

If you do not believe me then watch the Inter vs united at the san siro where all the decisions went united way, juve vs chelsea where the ref was not great as noone seems to know why Chiellini was sent off and why every time obi mikel fell to the ground without being touched it was a foul.

I am not sure but was Belletti carded for handling the ball leading to penalty and who was booked when Chelsea players surrounding the ref delaying taking of the penalty?

Ask Roma fans if they are happy that another Spanish referee did not award them a penalty and this is just this season.
I noticed much of the same. No way were "any" Italian team favored.

not implying that English teams are cheats, but they are currently the most popular in the world and gain most media attention, just like big clubs over little ones, and thus perhaps the ref has a tendency to favor them, in this case, coincidence or not, spanish ones.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
What was the objective before the game started, thats right we had to win by 2 clear goals.

Would you mind telling me how you expect to beat any team let alone a team with Chelsea's calibre of players (whether they play well or not is immaterial to this question) with Marchisio, Tiago and Sali in the midfield?

I think the only tactical mistake CR made was to introduce Sali, I know people here are saying it prevents Chelsea from going forward, but thats why I would have put in Poulsen!

And let Tiago roam the right side, at least he could make some good through balls if needed and still defend. Sali couldn't contribute anything offensively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)