[Champions League] JUVENTUS 2-2 Chelsea (03/10/2009) (1 Viewer)

Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Nedved

• Tiago

• Marchisio

• Iaquinta

• Trezeguet

• Del Piero

• Giovinco

• Alberto Undiano Mallenco (ref)

• Juventus (team play)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 30, 2006
This because of our expectations mostly.
Considering our expectation this season, we actually over-performed.
But Capello's team had the necessary material to claim the CL, with realistic chances!! Therefore it feels that we underperformed there...
We under performed there because we were knocked out both times with ease. We looked slow and old when we played in the CL and lost to Liverpool and Arsenal. It was shameful for us. Now we lost in a fairly even battle and left spectators thinking it oculd have gone either way rather than leaving them thinking that Juventus are junk

I was very upset when we got knocked out the last 2 times. But after seeing us play this season I think with a few adjustments we can be contenders to win.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
We under performed there because we were knocked out both times with ease. We looked slow and old when we played in the CL and lost to Liverpool and Arsenal. It was shameful for us. Now we lost in a fairly even battle and left spectators thinking it oculd have gone either way rather than leaving them thinking that Juventus are junk

I was very upset when we got knocked out the last 2 times. But after seeing us play this season I think with a few adjustments we can be contenders to win.
I like your av. ;)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I read earlier today (during the matchcast while I was at work) that Zlatan had a close range opportunity for a header and took the ball hard, directly in the face, fucking up the glorious chance. Does anyone have a picture of this? If so, can you post it for me? There's nothing I enjoy more than seeing that man embarrassed/physically abused on the pitch.

I haven't been on this site since our dramatic, and incredibly painful loss, but I must say that I'm EXTREMELY proud of our team; I've definitely been rockin' various Juve jerseys for 5 days straight. Our boys left it all on the field; I'm convinced that over the 2 legs we were the better team. Chelsea's goals in Tuesday's match were rubbish... (The first for obvious reasons, the second because I disagree with Chiello's ejection).

I also have to say that I thought the 4-3-3 (with Alex a little deeper... almost a 4-3-1-2) turned out to be an excellent formation for us. I was championing this formation in the preseason, but as time wore on I was worried about changing it up from the 4-4-2 (because of the lack of support for the fullbacks, and because Ranieri basically refused to rotate formations earlier on in the season). I was definitely wrong to doubt the offensive prowess of our team. Yes, I just wrote that. I've always loved the trequartista role, and I think a 4-3-1-2 would suit us well going forward... Diego anyone? Fuck, would he ever look good in our lineup.

I think it's clear that we need to go up tempo and get as many of our best players (i.e. the strike force) on the field as possible. We put Chelsea under a lot of pressure, which definitely helped relieve some of the pressure on our own fullbacks. Actually, in truth I thought our fullbacks handled themselves fairly well in this match (considering who they were up against, and the importance of the match, I thought they were great... I can't believe I just wrote that).

I think this match was a clear demonstration that Ranieri needs to forget about playing Seba on the left of the 4-4-2; It's just not where he's meant to play. We should play the 4-3-3 (especially now that the midfield is so beat up), there's more room for the boy as a substitute and he could potentially start a few more games from here on out. I know we HAD to score, and that Chelsea were keen to sit back a bit early on, but I really enjoyed watching us bombard their end of the pitch for the first 30-35 minutes or so. We played a quality 2nd half as well. Anyways, onwards and upwards. FORZA JUVENTUS!!!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Are you a footballer footiedeebo as you cannot quit watching football on tv or on the net as thats hardly a job?

Baptista was indeed very useless tonite and what is up with Vucinic and that poor excuse for a penalty?

I still dont know how Doni has been playing in serieA for this long as he is very poor.

My goodness if I had a liability like Juan, I won't pay him for a year. Totti played 120 minutes at no more than 50% unlike that waste of space that gets injured anytime some farts.

Anyways back to Juventus, I still think that the likes of Iaquinta, trez, giovinco and Amauri should have had more playing time over 2 legs as theonly thing that I can guarantee out of this side is goals as we are never gonna outplay any team with clever play but can score at any given time.

Look at Chelsea all their big threats played 180 minutes compare that to the minutes that our lads were afforded anyways its back to the slug that is serieA, Roma aside I don't think the Italian sides had anything to be embarassed about perhaps more luck or more to the point, managers that take more risks and things might have been different as they are no0t million miles away from their EPL counterparts.
Agree.
Obviously.... the factor that was decisive yesterday was luck.

I also agre with one thing:
At least, in yesterday´s game.... GIo needed to play much more time.....more, he needed to be introduced right after nedved was unable to continue. IMO this move was definitely a decisive factor in the game, much more decisive than amauri if you ask me. But yes both players needed to be introduced earlier.

Ranieri did a good job fielding the team in that formation but well he was almost forced to do that. He needs to be more decisive and aim for winning,,, not for not losing.

We need some key players , is true... but with our displays in both legs...and with certain players we have... im very sure tha we had more than enough to beat chelsea. sadly...

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
I read earlier today (during the matchcast while I was at work) that Zlatan had a close range opportunity for a header and took the ball hard, directly in the face, fucking up the glorious chance. Does anyone have a picture of this? If so, can you post it for me? There's nothing I enjoy more than seeing that man embarrassed/physically abused on the pitch.

I haven't been on this site since our dramatic, and incredibly painful loss, but I must say that I'm EXTREMELY proud of our team; I've definitely been rockin' various Juve jerseys for 5 days straight. Our boys left it all on the field; I'm convinced that over the 2 legs we were the better team. Chelsea's goals in Tuesday's match were rubbish... (The first for obvious reasons, the second because I disagree with Chiello's ejection).

I also have to say that I thought the 4-3-3 (with Alex a little deeper... almost a 4-3-1-2) turned out to be an excellent formation for us. I was championing this formation in the preseason, but as time wore on I was worried about changing it up from the 4-4-2 (because of the lack of support for the fullbacks, and because Ranieri basically refused to rotate formations earlier on in the season). I was definitely wrong to doubt the offensive prowess of our team. Yes, I just wrote that. I've always loved the trequartista role, and I think a 4-3-1-2 would suit us well going forward... Diego anyone? Fuck, would he ever look good in our lineup.

I think it's clear that we need to go up tempo and get as many of our best players (i.e. the strike force) on the field as possible. We put Chelsea under a lot of pressure, which definitely helped relieve some of the pressure on our own fullbacks. Actually, in truth I thought our fullbacks handled themselves fairly well in this match (considering who they were up against, and the importance of the match, I thought they were great... I can't believe I just wrote that).

I think this match was a clear demonstration that Ranieri needs to forget about playing Seba on the left of the 4-4-2; It's just not where he's meant to play. We should play the 4-3-3 (especially now that the midfield is so beat up), there's more room for the boy as a substitute and he could potentially start a few more games from here on out. I know we HAD to score, and that Chelsea were keen to sit back a bit early on, but I really enjoyed watching us bombard their end of the pitch for the first 30-35 minutes or so. We played a quality 2nd half as well. Anyways, onwards and upwards. FORZA JUVENTUS!!!
if you say that you like Ranieri, i will send you that pic of Ibra

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
What I found pretty interesting that Man U were denied a couple of penalties due to handball. They were pretty clear.

There was a play in the game when a cross went to Zlatan and he tried to get to is with his chest inside the box near the far post and even tried to get it in with his arm but failed..

Its been a while since a penalty was given against Inter. They are running for a record.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Most of the times it was outside of the box I think and it was just up to the ref because it looked unintentional.

I don't think there was some consiprecy last night but yeah it has been some time since a penalty was given against Inter.

Jan 7, 2004
Agree.
Obviously.... the factor that was decisive yesterday was luck.

I also agre with one thing:
At least, in yesterday´s game.... GIo needed to play much more time.....more, he needed to be introduced right after nedved was unable to continue. IMO this move was definitely a decisive factor in the game, much more decisive than amauri if you ask me. But yes both players needed to be introduced earlier.

Ranieri did a good job fielding the team in that formation but well he was almost forced to do that. He needs to be more decisive and aim for winning,,, not for not losing.

We need some key players , is true... but with our displays in both legs...and with certain players we have... im very sure tha we had more than enough to beat chelsea. sadly...

you forget that it was marchisio-tiago-sali that set chelsea's midfield in line and created a very good opportunity for giovinco to get in and set the tone of the game

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I wonder how ppl refuse to see what Sali did on that night... He provided nothin in offence, but he kept the Chelsea midfield from running over ours...

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
It must be said though. We should have been using the 4-3-3 and Giovinco all this time, perhaps even at Stamford Bridge. We would be much better off playing this kid for more reasons than one.

The team did us proud but Chelsea hasn't impressed me one bit during these two legs. Hopefully they get knocked out next round because seriously, who could like a team of wankers such as Drogba, Lampard, Ballack, Terry, Anelka and Bowsingwa. All wankers just like their fans, so it's a perfect fit.
DUDE!!! on saturday you said he's a terrible player :lol:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
icεmαή;1928004 said:
I wonder how ppl refuse to see what Sali did on that night... He provided nothin in offence, but he kept the Chelsea midfield from running over ours...
he had a lot of cunt in him that night

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
What I found pretty interesting that Man U were denied a couple of penalties due to handball. They were pretty clear.
I didn't think either was clear.

When Samuel slipped, it was probably a penalty, but I didn't think the other claim (against Stankovic) was a penalty.

icεmαή;1928004 said:
He certainly contributed, but he was always going to, because he is a big match player.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002

There was a play in the game when a cross went to Zlatan and he tried to get to is with his chest inside the box near the far post and even tried to get it in with his arm but failed..

Its been a while since a penalty was given against Inter. They are running for a record.
You are not really suggesting that Inter were favored by the referee last nite are you? I know you hate Inter and all but dude get a grip.

When was the last time you have seen 1 player John O'shea kick the same player Balotelli 5 times and not get booked?

I know in England that we think that UEFA and FiFA hate us and envious of the success but I think its just a double bluff by those organisations as they love countries with money and will always favour the EPL sides.

From a personal point of view I do not like Spanish referees taking charge of games between seriea and epl but uefa always put them in charge and they keep giving the EPL sides the good decisions.

If you do not believe me then watch the Inter vs united at the san siro where all the decisions went united way, juve vs chelsea where the ref was not great as noone seems to know why Chiellini was sent off and why every time obi mikel fell to the ground without being touched it was a foul.

I am not sure but was Belletti carded for handling the ball leading to penalty and who was booked when Chelsea players surrounding the ref delaying taking of the penalty?

Ask Roma fans if they are happy that another Spanish referee did not award them a penalty and this is just this season.

@Seven you are welcome to take the moniker of Superior Being.

I see some people are getting slightly carried away saying we can win the CL next season but that aint gonna happen if Ranieri is the manager and we still have this board.

Now the latest fad is David Silva. Goodness knows that I am a huge fan of his but being a huge fan and thinking he would be a success in Italy are 2 different things.

Seriously when was the last time a Spanish player was successful in Italy? It is no that they are not good, it is because they are way of thinking is different from the way Italian tacticians think thats why most of them have failed.

They wanna attack but the manager wants them to share in defensive duties, that is why they will always thrive more in England than in Italy where managers are more bogged down with tactics than attacking.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
icεmαή;1928004 said:
What was the objective before the game started, thats right we had to win by 2 clear goals.

Would you mind telling me how you expect to beat any team let alone a team with Chelsea's calibre of players (whether they play well or not is immaterial to this question) with Marchisio, Tiago and Sali in the midfield?

It did not matter if we conceded 1, 2 or 3 goals, we still had to win by 2 clear goals and since Sali does not contribute to offence then he should not be on the field.

Chelsea are a great side on paper, the names are impressive but paper and names do not win football matches, performances do and over 2 legs they did not have to be that impressive to beat us.

I just hope we do not fall into the habit of applauding failures in the guise of being proud of our boys' performances.

At half-time Ray Wilkins was asked about Chelsea on live TV and he was so mad with Chelsea's performance saying they did not play well at all and did not pass the ball at all well.

This with them 1-1 at half-time but Wilkins was still annoyed. This is what champions are made of not being proud at going out at this stage. We are not Roma and should avoid the trap of falling into accepting failures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)