[Champions League] JUVENTUS 2-2 Chelsea (03/10/2009) (2 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Nedved

• Tiago

• Marchisio

• Iaquinta

• Trezeguet

• Del Piero

• Giovinco

• Alberto Undiano Mallenco (ref)

• Juventus (team play)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Channel 4

Blog: The Four Tops

Picking the two Juventus strikers to face Chelsea is a lot tougher than it looks, says Scott Fleming

It is a problem that isn’t really a problem at all, and that most bosses would kill for. What two from Alessandro Del Piero, David Trezeguet, Amauri and Vincenzo Iaquinta does Claudio Ranieri play versus Chelsea in the biggest game of the season?

Before this term commenced the decision would have been a lot more straightforward. Just look at the order in which I listed the names. This season has seen each one prove their individual worth however and show collectively that the Juventus forward line is perhaps the most complete in Italy.

Inter and Milan may both have more forwards, but Juventus are unique in that Ranieri has four strikers with varied styles and uses, all of whom have made significant participation in the campaign to date, except Trezeguet due to injury.

Let’s be honest, Del Piero’s place isn’t in doubt, and nor should it be. The man holds every record imaginable at the club and actually deserves the over used term 'icon’. This isn’t a case of sentiment clouding reason.

The 34-year-old is performing as well as he ever has, scoring and demonstrating his experience and nuance to unselfishly provide assists. In addition he has saved his best for European action, notching spectacular strikes against Real Madrid and Zenit St Petersburg.

The identity of his strike partner seems to have come down to a teamsheet tussle between Amauri and Trezeguet, which is a real shame for Vincenzo Iaquinta.

I’ve learnt my lesson when it comes to doubting Iaquinta. At Udinese I thought him over-rated, somewhat clumsy and ultimately not quite good enough for a big side, or the Azzurri for that matter.

My opinion altered drastically last season however, when he repeatedly impacted upon games, more often than not having come off the bench. His deceptive pace also allows him the versatility to play wide.

In an ideal world Amauri would partner Del Piero. Like Trezeguet he scores plenty of goals, but has that extra something, that captivating Samba ingenuity. It’s a partnership that has already flourished this season, yet Trezeguet and Del Piero have worked in perfect tandem for nigh on a decade.

Would you trust the Brazilian ahead of the Frenchman to put away that golden opportunity? Then again, is Trezeguet fit enough for such a match after a long lay off? I won’t pretend to have the faculties to make the correct decision. Let’s hope Claudio does.

Juventino_NJ

Sep 16, 2006
Call-Ups: No Legro and no Marchionni

Sono 19 i convocati per la sfida con il Chelsea. Legrottaglie non recupera
Dopo l’allenamento di rifinitura sostenuto allo stadio Olimpico, Claudio Ranieri ha stilato l’elenco dei bianconeri convocati per la sfida di martedì sera con il Chelsea. Rispetto al derby di due giorni fa, il tecnico perde Sissoko e Marchionni (questa volta neppure convocato) ma ritrova Grygera. Legrottaglie non è invece riuscito a recuperare. Ancora una conferma per Ariaudo. Assenti Camoranesi, Zanetti e De Ceglie, oltre a Ekdal che non è inserito nella lista Uefa.

Ecco l’elenco completo dei bianconeri convocati

1 Buffon
3 Chiellini
4 Mellberg
5 Zebina
7 Salihamidzic
8 Amauri
9 Iaquinta
10 Del Piero
11 Nedved
13 Manninger
15 Knezevic
17 Trezeguet
18 Poulsen
19 Marchisio
20 Giovinco
21 Grygera
28 Molinaro
30 Tiago
41 Ariaudo

Juventus.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
First of all, how the hell does a newspaper out of Boston, MA have this? haha thats a bit strange. Second, I like this quote from CR at the end:

"English clubs can struggle on the road," Ranieri said. "Our fans really need to give us a hand.":tup:

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
Since we haven't played or used any tried formation after Chelsea's first leg, I think it makes much more sense to go for 4-4-2.

I guess this is what we are going to see on Tuesday night.

Buffon

Grygera - Legro - Chiellini - Molinaro

Marchionni - Tiago - Marchisio - Nedved

Trezeguet - Del Piero(C)

Salihamidzic to replace Marchionni if he's not 100% fit.

I think it's really crucial and important to score in the 1st half to so things would be balanced and to remove the pressure from our shoulders. The pressure will increase in the 2nd half and it won't look good.
Look like the one Ranieri will go with.. But imo Poulsen should play insted of Tiago.. I really think he is a better partner to Marchisio..

And Amauri should enter the field in the sec half insted of Marchionni and go with a 4-3-3.. IF needed..

Forza Juventus.. We gotta make it man!!!!

EDIT = since Marchionni is out, Sali will prob play.. And Mellberg insted of Legro

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I mean his pace and combatitive attitude could be a real asset to us against a(s)sh (c)ole
And we can esily switch to 4-3-3 if nedved, poulsen and marchisio all start.
But at 4-4-2 iaquinta could give us the width we need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)