[Champions League] Frozen Kebab 1-0 JUVENTUS (Dec. 11th 2013) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
If the starting line-up is: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Lichsteiner, Vidal, Pogba, Marchisio, Asamoah, Llorente, Tevez

Then that line-up can play 352 or 433 at any time. That would involve Chiellini playing left back and Lichsteiner right back with one of Marchisio or Asamoah playing in the front three with Tevez and Llorente. Easy to change that at any point during the match if we feel 3 at the back is being exploited effectively by Galatasaray.

juvechampions

Feb 27, 2006
Lichtsteiner will be crucial tonight, riera is nothing special, is like a ghost player and when one to one we must take full advantage.Overload the right flank
and their three man midfield will be exposed alongside with vidal and marchisio runs.One thing left , we don't be generous we must be cynical.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
This is the biggest test of Llorente's Juve career so far. If Mancini plays that 3-4-1-2 he is basically daring us to play long balls to Llorente.

I suspect Mancini wants to mirror us and press from the outset. To me though, that front 3 can't press us adequately. I think the wings will get taken away probably but our back line will find time to pick forward passes because Drogba and Sneijder are shells of their former selves in terms of work rate.

This is truly an all or nothing move by Mancini. I would not be surprised to see us kill off the game in the first 20 minutes with that formation he's choosing.

Sneijder in the hole can hurt us offensively because he will have 2 target man pushing our CBs back but there's just no way he can mark out Pogba. It's laughable. Defensively, this 3-4-1-2 is suicide for Gala. It's possible they could put a couple past us but if they keep us off the score sheet I will be in complete shock.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
This is the biggest test of Llorente's Juve career so far. If Mancini plays that 3-4-1-2 he is basically daring us to play long balls to Llorente.

I suspect Mancini wants to mirror us and press from the outset. To me though, that front 3 can't press us adequately. I think the wings will get taken away probably but our back line will find time to pick forward passes because Drogba and Sneijder are shells of their former selves in terms of work rate.

This is truly an all or nothing move by Mancini. I would not be surprised to see us kill off the game in the first 20 minutes with that formation he's choosing.

Sneijder in the hole can hurt us offensively because he will have 2 target man pushing our CBs back but there's just no way he can mark out Pogba. It's laughable. Defensively, this 3-4-1-2 is suicide for Gala. It's possible they could put a couple past us but if they keep us off the score sheet I will be in complete shock.
Yeah, agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)