[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (135 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I love it that when Chelsea plays like that in the CL last year, they're clever freaking geniuses. But when Juve does it against Celtic this year, they're dirty Italians playing catenaccio. :howler:

Jul 1, 2010
What Chelsea did last year was indeed parking the bus; what we did last night was a showcase of proper defensive skills.
We used a classic catenaccio style which would have made Italian coaches of the 70s/80s proud. What Chelsea did is parking the bus.

To the British media, catenaccio=parking the bus, when they couldn't be farther from the truth.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
What Chelsea did last year was indeed parking the bus; what we did last night was a showcase of proper defensive skills.
You guys did park the bus. It's a perfectly respectably away tactic in a knock out tournament.

- - - Updated - - -

If tugging and pulling in the penalty box on corners, which every team does almost every single corner, is cheating, then yes.
Hooper was trying to get in Gigi's cool aid, what do they expect?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
We did but there's more to it. :)
I know, you passed the ball around and made it look pretty before you gave it up at half field. :D

It's way better than hoofing it.

There wasn't much difference in the tactic, though I would argue that Juventus gave a better performance. Far more organized, and aside from the corner kicks there wasn't much of a danger from Celtic.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Like said before, Celtic fans are only acting this way because they were delusional enough to think they were a superior side after beating Barcelona. After they got embarrassed the best way for themselves to react to their loss is by saying we cheated given what's happened in the past. It gives them an excuse and a way to make themselves feel better and reflect the blame. A cop out no doubt.

Anyways, we're surely off to the quarters and they'll be staying in Glasgow.

Maybe next time. :D

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
it's inbred morons we are talking about, who knows what their expectations are
I read a page of their forum and they're all like "Juve didn't deserve the win". You guys defended an all out attack for 75 minutes, how is that not deserving?

- - - Updated - - -

Like said before, Celtic fans are only acting this way because they were delusional enough to think they were a superior side after beating Barcelona. After they got embarrassed the best way for themselves to react to their loss is by saying we cheated given what's happened in the past. It gives them an excuse and a way to make themselves feel better and reflect the blame. A cop out no doubt.

Anyways, we're surely off to the quarters and they'll be staying in Glasgow.

Maybe next time. :D
Imagine if Celtic did the same to Juventus. They'd be hailed as Champions.:lol:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I read a page of their forum and they're all like "Juve didn't deserve the win". You guys defended an all out attack for 75 minutes, how is that not deserving?
That, plus the fact that the closest Celtic came to scoring was a header that came straight at Buffon at the speed of 1 miles pr hour, and a shot that went wide of the goal ...

They have absolutely no arguments as to why they should've won this match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 135)