[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (100 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Cracking result, even if the performance was far from brilliant for long periods.

I don't know if Juve were, but I was surprised that Celtic played as boldly as they did. I really didn't expect them to try to press as much as that. From their team selection it was clear they didn't just plan to defend like they did against Barca, but I suspect it was only the concession of the early goal that caused them to be as aggressive as that.

Ultimately, as well as Celtic played - and I don't think they can play better than that - they never threatened to open Juve up and only created one really clear chance from over an hour of dominance.

Juve's defence stood up well to the physical challenge and dealt with crosses pretty well for the most part, though they went too deep and made it too easy for Celtic to put crosses into the box at times.

Thought Juve could have done better against Celtic's pressing game. Was silly to try and play as many short passes in deep areas as they did. They should have played longer to the strikers and looked for them to take the ball in and set the play up.

Marchisio and Peluso controlled their side of the pitch very nicely, both in terms of keeping things tight and retaining possession when the opportunity presented itself. On the other side, Vidal and Lichtsteiner, while fine defensively, were pretty terrible in possession.

Don't understand the fuss about the Lichtsteiner v Hooper stuff at corners. Lichtsteiner may have been on dodgy ground on occassion, but it is worth remembering that he was not preventing Hoopper from tryin to get the ball - all Hooper wanted to do was to be in a position to obstruct Buffon.
The long balls stopped in the first half because Vucinic was having a sub par performance.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Cracking result, even if the performance was far from brilliant for long periods.

I don't know if Juve were, but I was surprised that Celtic played as boldly as they did. I really didn't expect them to try to press as much as that. From their team selection it was clear they didn't just plan to defend like they did against Barca, but I suspect it was only the concession of the early goal that caused them to be as aggressive as that.

Ultimately, as well as Celtic played - and I don't think they can play better than that - they never threatened to open Juve up and only created one really clear chance from over an hour of dominance.

Juve's defence stood up well to the physical challenge and dealt with crosses pretty well for the most part, though they went too deep and made it too easy for Celtic to put crosses into the box at times.

Thought Juve could have done better against Celtic's pressing game. Was silly to try and play as many short passes in deep areas as they did. They should have played longer to the strikers and looked for them to take the ball in and set the play up.

Marchisio and Peluso controlled their side of the pitch very nicely, both in terms of keeping things tight and retaining possession when the opportunity presented itself. On the other side, Vidal and Lichtsteiner, while fine defensively, were pretty terrible in possession.

Don't understand the fuss about the Lichtsteiner v Hooper stuff at corners. Lichtsteiner may have been on dodgy ground on occassion, but it is worth remembering that he was not preventing Hoopper from tryin to get the ball - all Hooper wanted to do was to be in a position to obstruct Buffon.
Celtic were incredibly naive to press so high, as it showed with our opening goal we only needed a long ball up the pitch and they were exposed.

Understandable :D any abuse from the Celtic fans in or around the stadium?
Celtic's stadium is in one of the worst areas in Scotland so I kept my scarf hidden before the game, so no abuse. After the matchthere were big crowds of Juve fans so could wear it freely (the worst I got was some retard taking about Italians diving which is ironic for a celtic fan).

During the match was just the usual banter with the fans, Juve probably gave more abuse than we received.

All in all a superb evening.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
The funniest thing was. We won 3-0 and played utter shite. Total shite. They should make a website called uttershite.com and have us on there with that performance. Oh I forgot .......wanyama is about. Time to get my scared hands out.

Welcome to Turin Celtic.

- - - Updated - - -

The long balls stopped in the first half because Vucinic was having a sub par performance.
Vuci was dog pants tonight. If they exist. We were seriously muscled out tonight.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
I thought Vidal was our worst player tonight, he is usually a big game player but he just never got into the game.

Peluso :tup:

Marchisio was MOM by a country mile. Fan-fucking-tastic from ll Principino.

On another note, Celtic fans are fucking whinebags. Jesus never seen anything like it.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Why did Celtic's coach actually play Ambrose? The guy did everything wrong the entire evening.

I even remember him giving away a corner on Juve's half after he won a battle with Vucinic.
Lennon is getting slaughtered for picking him.

He's by no means a good player, but isn't normally the walking disaster he was tonight.

Good call by Conte not to rush Asamoah back into the Juve team.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Celtic were incredibly naive to press so high, as it showed with our opening goal we only needed a long ball up the pitch and they were exposed.
Absolutely.

I just don't understand why Juve didn't go long more often instead of allowing Celtic to box them in at times.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Absolutely.

I just don't understand why Juve didn't go long more often instead of allowing Celtic to box them in at times.
The passing around between the back three and Pirlo did cause the Celtic trident to burn an awful lot of calories during the first 40 minutes of the game. They were running like rampant dogs and very rarely did we get into trouble, when we got it would usually be booted away.

Boksic

May 11, 2005

Absolutely.

:agree:

I kept saying the same to my dad throughout the first half

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Anyway, didn't I tell you people that Celtic couldn't hurt Juve other than from set-pieces as long as Juve concentrated?

Celtic played as well as they could, and they still could even come close to opening Juve up.

Juve Fanatico

Aug 20, 2010
One of the commentators said proudly "welcome to Glasgow" when that cunt Brown was acting all tough fouling Pirlo and stepping on his arm. Took Pirlo a few seconds to make that bastard taste the grass of his own pitch.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
One of the commentators said proudly "welcome to Glasgow" when that cunt Brown was acting all tough fouling Pirlo and stepping on his arm. Took Pirlo a few seconds to make that bastard taste the grass of his own pitch.
Was one of the nights best moments, I beg someone to find a video/gif of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 100)