[Champions League] Artmedia Bratislava v Juventus (August 26th, 2008) (3 Viewers)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Were back in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I watched only the last 15 minutes of the match and i assume the game was played in the same manner ever since we equalised.
I must say i'm disappointed. I know that we didn't want to risk injuries and we wanted to save ourselves for serie A. That's ok and understandable.
But it wouldn't hurt us if we pushed harder for some 15-20 minutes and go for a goal.

I'm saying this because we lost way too many UEFA points due to Calciopoli and that's why we're placed so low in UEFA standings.
Win in these qualifiers brings 1 point while a draw brings 0.5 pts. It's not much, i know, but if before this season started we had 0.5 pts more than we do now we would have been placed higher than Schalke and we wouldn't depend on Atletico now. That's how important the decimals can be.

So, how was the match until minute 75 ?

Zaim

Dec 1, 2007
Is Zebina injured? He and De Ceglie should be the starting fullbacks no matter what. It cant be worse then Grygera and Molinaro.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The only good thing from this utter borefest, is that as you saw, even though not standout performance, one saw what kind of play Marchisio contributes with (not quality of the performance perse, but TYPE of performance).

Which is a CM that takes initiative individually to either run with the ball or crosses/through ball passes, trying to find space ahead, basically connecting the defence with the attack quite well (whenever Camo drifted in, he went wide and functioned as a bit of a winger). Our other CMs/DMs are mainly more spreading the ball sideways to the fullbacks (that do just lame crosses) and more stationary in their positions, not box to box dynamics as Marchisio did from time to time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)