Champions League 2022-23 (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
umm, beggars can't be choosers at this point. EL is a bigger trophy than any domestic trophy in the world, with the exception of EPL and LaLiga titles - fact.
off the top of my head:
EL winners of the past - Chelsea that one time with Sarri, Eintracht with Kostič and probably Sevilla a bunch of times, but no idea about which years they won. maybe Mourinho with United won it as well?
EPL, La Liga, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Serie A winners of the past 6-7 years - I think I'd get them all in the correct order. hell, maybe I can do even 10 years.

wouldn't switch a single one of our 9 straight Scudetto's for EL. it's to CL what Coppa Italia is to Serie A, a fun distraction that's nice to win, but is nowhere near as important.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
off the top of my head:
EL winners of the past - Chelsea that one time with Sarri, Eintracht with Kostič and probably Sevilla a bunch of times, but no idea about which years they won. maybe Mourinho with United won it as well?
EPL, La Liga, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Serie A winners of the past 6-7 years - I think I'd get them all in the correct order. hell, maybe I can do even 10 years.

wouldn't switch a single one of our 9 straight Scudetto's for EL. it's to CL what Coppa Italia is to Serie A, a fun distraction that's nice to win, but is nowhere near as important.
You ever heard the Italian phrase 'fino alla confino'? Google it and maybe you will realize that maybe it is a non-trophy for others but not Juve. We absolutely need to win it.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
You ever heard the Italian phrase 'fino alla confino'? Google it and maybe you will realize that maybe it is a non-trophy for others but not Juve. We absolutely need to win it.
oh we definitely do, after all it's the only trophy we still got a chance to win this season.

I'm just saying I'd be way happier if we won the league and went out in CL quarters or smth instead of this season ending in EL victory.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
oh we definitely do, after all it's the only trophy we still got a chance to win this season.

I'm just saying I'd be way happier if we won the league and went out in CL quarters or smth instead of this season ending in EL victory.
Not me, I have celebrated enough domestic trophies, not a single international. I'm desperate.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Never enough. I want to have four stars on our jersey before those faggots from Milan have their second. I want them to look at us as if we are a hydra dragon. They tried chopping our head off with calciopoli and we came back even stronger.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Never enough. I want to have four stars on our jersey before those faggots from Milan have their second. I want them to look at us as if we are a hydra dragon. They tried chopping our head off with calciopoli and we came back even stronger.
Trust me, us breaking our European curse would be a way bigger fuck you to all our domestic rivals.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Inter and Milan are complete joke teams.

How on Earth were they playing a semi final against each other?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
in group stage Milan finished ahead of Croatian and Austrian champions, in knockouts they defeated an EPL team + Napoli, who won Serie A this season.

Inter sent Barca home in the group stage, the team that'll be La Liga winners this season. on their road to semi's they knocked out reigning Portugese champions Porto and Benfica, who'll become Portugese champions this season.

it wasn't the hardest road to the semi's for either teams and I dislike them and don't rate them, but its not a complete joke either. objectively Barca, Benfica and Napoli are some of the strongest teams in Europe this season, of course in football and especially cup competitions it's always about how good you are on a given night.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
They got fairly comfortable draws in the knockout rounds but not many gave them a chance to get out of the groups in the first place that had Barca and Bayern in it.

I mean I'd be the last person to defend them but gotta give credit where it's due.

Atleast their run seems less of a joke than Milan that got smashed twice by a Chelsea in turmoil and then were lucky enough to draw Tottenham who were already in turmoil by then.

Having said that, teams like Bayern would feel unlucky to be on the other side of the draw when they could've easily reached a CL final just like how Inter or Milan had the opportunity to do so.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
We played a flawless CL group stage and won all the matches against hard opponents, only to draw PSG, City and potentially Real Madrid. Meanwhile Inter have one of the easiest routes ever to a final, EL level all the way in terms of opponents. That's quite bitter to say the least.

Don't see them standing much of a chance in the final no matter who will go through tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)