Champions League 2021-22 (29 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
As a kid, I had a choice to support either Juventus or Real Madrid prior to the Champions League final in 1998 and I chose Juve. I thought because they reached multiple UCL finals at the time, they're the best club in the world. Big mistake lol

Unlucky for me I forced my two younger brothers to become Real Madrid fans in 2001 after the Zidane transfer and now they're sticking it up to me with all these UCL victories.
You've not done too badly. Plus for Real Madrid fans it's like us winning the scudetto, a sporting par, if you win anything so often it does lose its shine. Looks great for internet bragging rights though.

It's the hardest job for a coach because almost everything is a failure.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
And they didn't crush and burn in the one match when they simply had to - the return leg against Chelsea. They returned to Madrid with a 3:1 away win, just to find themselves 0:3 behind in the 75th minute of the second leg. Every other team surrenders on the spot. They didn't, just like against us in 2018.
Unbelievable mentality. Cant call it luck or refs anymore.
You've not done too badly. Plus for Real Madrid fans it's like us winning the scudetto, a sporting par, if you win anything so often it does lose its shine. Looks great for internet bragging rights though.

It's the hardest job for a coach because almost everything is a failure.
Except, Real can stop winning anything for the next 50 years and no one would probably still catch up to them.

Super League please.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Unbelievable mentality. Cant call it luck or refs anymore.

Except, Real can stop winning anything for the next 50 years and no one would probably still catch up to them.

Super League please.
Weren't you the one who truly believed they could be overtaken? I remember debating it with you and stating the obvious, they'll never be overtaken.

For this to happen you need the likes of Milan, Bayern and Liverpool to win every year in a 20-25 period of time. Will never happen.

Before 2014 when they had 9 European Cups/CL titles, there were a possibility. But it's long gone now.

I hate this GOAT talks regarding players, but Real Madrid are truly the GOAT club, it's just the way it is.

Winning the by far most prestigious club trophy 8 times in a row when reaching the final is just unbelievable.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Weren't you the one who truly believed they could be overtaken? I remember debating it with you and stating the obvious, they'll never be overtaken.

For this to happen you need the likes of Milan, Bayern and Liverpool to win every year in a 20-25 period of time. Will never happen.

Before 2014 when they had 9 European Cups/CL titles, there were a possibility. But it's long gone now.

I hate this GOAT talks regarding players, but Real Madrid are truly the GOAT club, it's just the way it is.

Winning the by far most prestigious club trophy 8 times in a row when reaching the final is just unbelievable.
Yes, I concur. I thought they were done after Ronaldo.

I still think none of this success would happen if not for that Ramos goal. Oh well.

Now I just hope for a Super League. Real owns and will always own CL.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Yes, I concur. I thought they were done after Ronaldo.

I still think none of this success would happen if not for that Ramos goal. Oh well.

Now I just hope for a Super League. Real owns and will always own CL.
Even if they were done after Ronaldo, they wouldn't be overtaken.

Mind the gap here from Milan, Bayern and Liverpool up to them. Like I said, for them to be overtaken you would need these 3 clubs to win it between them in a 20-25 year period.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Cup_and_UEFA_Champions_League_records_and_statistics#By_club

Reals titles back in the 50's is quite shitty though, no one took much interest in the trophy back then.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
BBC truly know no shame. Criticising the organisation? 30 000 drunken Liverpool fans without a ticket at the stadium. And it's far from the first time. Absolutely disgusting.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Why this obsession with catching them? You can still be a great club not winning 10+ times. You need to keep winning every now and then to stay relevant, if you go 25 years without winning then you become almost irrelevant. Just how sport works.
I'd be happy with an era where we win CL 3 times in 10 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if they were done after Ronaldo, they wouldn't be overtaken.

Mind the gap here from Milan, Bayern and Liverpool up to them. Like I said, for them to be overtaken you would need these 3 clubs to win it between them in a 20-25 year period.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Cup_and_UEFA_Champions_League_records_and_statistics#By_club

Reals titles back in the 50's is quite shitty though, no one took much interest in the trophy back then.
Different competitions. They should be counted separately IMO. Real would still be first though.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
BBC truly know no shame. Criticising the organisation? 30 000 drunken Liverpool fans without a ticket at the stadium. And it's far from the first time. Absolutely disgusting.

Absurd. You know what’s more even absurd? The fact that Michael Owen was claiming that Liverpool are the best team in Europe after they’d just lost the match. :lol:

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I'd be happy with an era where we win CL 3 times in 10 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Different competitions. They should be counted separately IMO. Real would still be first though.
I know.

Just finding it both fascinating and depressing that even if we did a hattrick, like we did in the 70's with Sepp Maier, Beckenbauer, Gerd Müller etc, we would still be 5 behind them.

Thats how dominant they've been in the CL the past 8 years. Just insanity.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Klopp equals Lippi’s unwanted Champions League final record with loss against Real Madrid. Klopp has three losses in the champions League final as a manager though he was won one against Tottenham. (Football Italia)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

This is why English football needs to die.
The clubs are a money laundering operation for Russian and Middle Eastern oligarchs and sheikhs. The fans are an absolute disgrace, and the pundits are ignorant buffoons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)