Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
If we had sacked pirlo earlier like Chelsea did with Lampard we would be facing Real in semis. Well, give Pirlo time.
Welcome to Comfort Zone FC.

- - - Updated - - -

The worst thing is that Real will win yet again. They are in CL what Juve is in Seria A. Its amazing really.
Some people dont mind it - being dominated :sergio:

"Ive been dominated so much in the PAST, I dont mind if it continues".

Da fuuuck man?!

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Maybe we would, maybe not. It doesn't always work.

With big clubs it's all about instant success, they'd happily change manager every season if it kept a winning cycle going. Chelsea have had 5 managers in 6 years and won 1 PL and 1 FA Cup.

We are heading down that same path of chop and change, 3 in 3 seasons. Obviously you look at results and the way we play and it's easy to say get rid of Pirlo, but the next guy has no guarantee of success. 4 in 4 years and failure again, then what? That's why people look at Allegri, because he's the last reference point of success for the club, they don't have any answers that provide a better solution. Guardiola, Klopp, other dreams? We shouldn't have appointed Pirlo. We shouldn't have appointed Sarri. We shouldn't have parted ways with Allegri. You can look from every angle, but generally if you change coach all the time you don't win an awful lot. You might have a deep cup run, which is what the CL is. You might win a title and then bomb the second season and start again. But then I suppose many here would be happy to finish top 4 and win the CL. You can bomb half a season and still make it look like a success, because this is the prestigious competition and a desperate obsession for us.

Why do Madrid do so well? They "know how to win it"? I think it's obvious how to win it - you win the games. They are obliged to win it, but they do not have the pressure to like we do, and players feel that. If they don't win it one or two years so what, they try again next time. If we don't win it year 1 it's a crisis, year 2 it's a crisis, year 3 it's a crisis, and so on. All we can do is put the best team possible on the field with our finances, and it would take a lot of convincing to make me feel like that is what has happened over the last few years.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Maybe we would, maybe not. It doesn't always work.

With big clubs it's all about instant success, they'd happily change manager every season if it kept a winning cycle going. Chelsea have had 5 managers in 6 years and won 1 PL and 1 FA Cup.

We are heading down that same path of chop and change, 3 in 3 seasons. Obviously you look at results and the way we play and it's easy to say get rid of Pirlo, but the next guy has no guarantee of success. 4 in 4 years and failure again, then what? That's why people look at Allegri, because he's the last reference point of success for the club, they don't have any answers that provide a better solution. Guardiola, Klopp, other dreams? We shouldn't have appointed Pirlo. We shouldn't have appointed Sarri. We shouldn't have parted ways with Allegri. You can look from every angle, but generally if you change coach all the time you don't win an awful lot. You might have a deep cup run, which is what the CL is. You might win a title and then bomb the second season and start again. But then I suppose many here would be happy to finish top 4 and win the CL. You can bomb half a season and still make it look like a success, because this is the prestigious competition and a desperate obsession for us.

Why do Madrid do so well? They "know how to win it"? I think it's obvious how to win it - you win the games. They are obliged to win it, but they do not have the pressure to like we do, and players feel that. If they don't win it one or two years so what, they try again next time. If we don't win it year 1 it's a crisis, year 2 it's a crisis, year 3 it's a crisis, and so on. All we can do is put the best team possible on the field with our finances, and it would take a lot of convincing to make me feel like that is what has happened over the last few years.
The last paragraph is spot on. Real was fucking up when they were feeling La Decima pressure then a last minute goal changed everything.

But you need to score that last minute goal! Thats what we need, to break that barrier finally... and then we can all die happy lol

Forza :J:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
The last paragraph is spot on. Real was fucking up when they were feeling La Decima pressure then a last minute goal changed everything.

But you need to score that last minute goal! Thats what we need, to break that barrier finally... and then we can all die happy lol

Forza :J:
We will do that if/when we stop selling wc players/match winners in their prime to the highest bidder.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We will do that if/when we stop selling wc players/match winners in their prime to the highest bidder.
We rarely buy WC players to begin with. Who did we get? It was only De Ligt. It was Ronaldo as well, but that's a Serie A thing, to buy a faded star.

All other signings, or a huge chunk of it, were good and great players, or youngsters with potential. We rarely end up buying best potential youth too.

One of our best buys over the past 10 years was without a doubt Vidal. Then there was also Pogba who did quite great here. Other names were not on such a big level. The best deals we pull are usually coming from Serie A which are hit or miss most of the time. A good example of hit was Chiesa as the latest example, but we've got far more misses.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
We rarely buy WC players to begin with. Who did we get? It was only De Ligt. It was Ronaldo as well, but that's a Serie A thing, to buy a faded star.

All other signings, or a huge chunk of it, were good and great players, or youngsters with potential. We rarely end up buying best potential youth too.

One of our best buys over the past 10 years was without a doubt Vidal. Then there was also Pogba who did quite great here. Other names were not on such a big level. The best deals we pull are usually coming from Serie A which are hit or miss most of the time. A good example of hit was Chiesa as the latest example, but we've got far more misses.
You missed my point. Its not about buying WC stars. We have produced many WC players in the past but when the opportunity arises, we've sold them when they were at their peak.
Just like how you need continuity with coaches, you need continuity with the squad as well. Chopping and changing every year isn't going to win you Champions league titles.
All the teams in the past who have won multiple CL's retained their core and retained their matchwinners. Ofcourse it's an added pressure for a team like Juventus who've had failures in the past, but it would hugely help to not have your squad dismantled every year in order to achieve your objectives.
Imagine if we kept Pogba and bought Higuain at the same time in 2016. I'm sure Allegri would've loved that instead of having to see one of his best players sacrificed in order to get another. I know it would've been tough with our finances but just a thought.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
This

Hala Madrid. The only proper,traditional football club left.

Imagine wanting PSG or City to win anything :rofl:
I agree that Real is the only proper club left. But what's wrong with PSG? I know they don't have much of a history but they are a very likeable club with some fantastic players and a proper coach. Their long term project has proven successfull unlike ours.

Poslano sa mog SM-J530F koristeći Tapatalk

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I agree that Real is the only proper club left. But what's wrong with PSG? I know they don't have much of a history but they are a very likable club with some fantastic players and a proper coach. Their long term project has proven successfull unlike ours.

Apparently, only old big clubs are entitled to win CL.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
You missed my point. Its not about buying WC stars. We have produced many WC players in the past but when the opportunity arises, we've sold them when they were at their peak.
Just like how you need continuity with coaches, you need continuity with the squad as well. Chopping and changing every year isn't going to win you Champions league titles.
All the teams in the past who have won multiple CL's retained their core and retained their matchwinners. Ofcourse it's an added pressure for a team like Juventus who've had failures in the past, but it would hugely help to not have your squad dismantled every year in order to achieve your objectives.
Imagine if we kept Pogba and bought Higuain at the same time in 2016. I'm sure Allegri would've loved that instead of having to see one of his best players sacrificed in order to get another. I know it would've been tough with our finances but just a thought.
I think we were always like that and I don't know if that's the case for our stepback. We always needed the cash in order to re-shape the squad. Like right now, I do rate Dybala, but I would sell him in order to buy (a lot) better midfield. Sticking with him and buying a mediocre midfield won't really improve us much. I don't think there's much wrong with our selling policy, I just think our transfers were quite a failure because money wasn't well spent.

Also, it's not like we're Roma. We don't sell that often imo. Selling Vidal was a disaster, but I don't think there were many examples like this. We managed to keep ahold of our whole defense, including goakleeper(s), we managed to keep Del Piero, Trezeguet, Nedved, Camo, Tevez, Higuain (lol), and plenty of others. As for the situation right now, we could easily sell half because they are simply bad. The only players I'd insist on keeping right now are De Ligt, Chiesa, Ronaldo. Players like Kulusevski, Dybala and Bentancur are question marks, depending on the system, plus I think Kulusevski and Bentancur (who was solid in previous years) deserve a better coach. All others imo could be sold without a blink of an eye and we wouldn't be hurt really. Which is really worrying.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I agree that Real is the only proper club left. But what's wrong with PSG? I know they don't have much of a history but they are a very likeable club with some fantastic players and a proper coach. Their long term project has proven successfull unlike ours.

PSG's policy was anything but successful.

They managed to spend hundreds of millions euros for what? To win Ligue 1? Please, they struggle with Lille to win it. As for their run in Europe it's pretty much a disaster, or has been ever since Arabs bought them. IMO their policy was a huge failure because of the amount of money spent in order to win nothing.

And no, I don't think they are very likeable. They even have Neymar who's anything but likeable. Mbappe will leave and he's the thing they got in their squad.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
PSG's policy was anything but successful.

They managed to spend hundreds of millions euros for what? To win Ligue 1? Please, they struggle with Lille to win it. As for their run in Europe it's pretty much a disaster, or has been ever since Arabs bought them. IMO their policy was a huge failure because of the amount of money spent in order to win nothing.

And no, I don't think they are very likeable. They even have Neymar who's anything but likeable. Mbappe will leave and he's the thing they got in their squad.
They win Ligue 1 easily, last year were unlucky not to win the UCL, I hope they win it this season. Btw, Neymar+Mbappe is pure orgasm. Let's just hope Mbappe will play for Juve one day

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
PSG project is more successful than ours for sure.

We have been eliminated by Ajax, Lyon and Porto. Let that sink in.

Also where is this confidence coming from that Mbappe will leave them? They are not push overs like us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)