Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
The knockouts are in like 3 months, anything from Pirlo figuring shit out to Pirlo being replaced to CL being suspended from COVID can happen until then.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
That’s on us, not the other teams. If we don’t play well, we can’t even beat Verona and Crotone, so we should be scared of all teams in the CL in that case.
We have shown that we can do okay against the likes of Lazio and Roma, which is the level of many teams that'll qualify out of groupstage, I'm not scared of those teams, we have good chances there.

But the Barca game was terrible, it was like those games against Bayern in Conte years or games against Real in Allegri years, we were hopeless. If our individual level is higher (we have the better players), I think that can compensate for the obvious weaknesses in Pirlos system, but that wont be the case against Barca and 5-6 other teams in Europe.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Lets say we magically appear and beat Barcelona 3-1 in Spain - Would we be considered as the ones with the better record (away goals) or does away goals count for nothing at this stage?

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Lets say we magically appear and beat Barcelona 3-1 in Spain - Would we be considered as the ones with the better record (away goals) or does away goals count for nothing at this stage?
3-1 gives us the 1st place.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6003 mit Tapatalk

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
We have shown that we can do okay against the likes of Lazio and Roma, which is the level of many teams that'll qualify out of groupstage, I'm not scared of those teams, we have good chances there.

But the Barca game was terrible, it was like those games against Bayern in Conte years or games against Real in Allegri years, we were hopeless. If our individual level is higher (we have the better players), I think that can compensate for the obvious weaknesses in Pirlos system, but that wont be the case against Barca and 5-6 other teams in Europe.
Under Allegri Barca beat us 3:0 in the group stage. It didn't stop us from beating Real and Tottenham away in the knock outs.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Under Allegri Barca beat us 3:0 in the group stage. It didn't stop us from beating Real and Tottenham away in the knock outs.
I think it is a bit different as back then we were a team that just had a bad game.
This year Im truly amazed that we collect all 3 pts against these wannabe teams like D.Kiev and the Hungarians.
The only way for us to go another round in the knockouts is a change of coach.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I think it is a bit different as back then we were a team that just had a bad game.
This year Im truly amazed that we collect all 3 pts against these wannabe teams like D.Kiev and the Hungarians.
The only way for us to go another round in the knockouts is a change of coach.
Nah, give us a 2nd tier team like Gladbach/Shakhtar, ManU, Chelsea or Dortmund and I'd expect us to go through them by sheer experience in the back and talent upfront. But if we get a 1st tier team like PSG, Bayern, Pool we're probably out.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Nah, give us a 2nd tier team like Gladbach/Shakhtar, ManU, Chelsea or Dortmund and I'd expect us to go through them by sheer experience in the back and talent upfront. But if we get a 1st tier team like PSG, Bayern, Pool we're probably out.
We will be eliminated by any of these teams (maybe not Man Utd..).
Look at how we play - We look like a midtable team at best and the only reason we are doing so well in CL is - Our group really sucks...
Should we play in Inter`s group I doubt we would qualify..
Im saying it despite me usually being optimistic when facing 2nd tier teams..

This is the worst Juve of the last 10 years and by quite a margin. Its not because of the quality of the side but more because the way the side is being managed.
You want us to advance? a change of coach is a must!

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Lazio topping their group as we speak

Bet they will be fed to some top team that finishes 2nd in their group. Real Madrid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)