Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Okay, I was just wondering since you disliked them for being Parisians, thought you might be French.

- - - Updated - - -

No, who said this? Is this a rule or something? :D

Also, things can change.
Been that way since it all started pretty much.

It's the same in domestic leagues, you'll also have a club who is the dominant one. Real Madrid just happens to be both the dominant club in Spain and in Europe.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Okay, I was just wondering since you disliked them for being Parisians, thought you might be French.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the same in domestic leagues, you'll also have a club who is the dominant one. Real Madrid just happens to be both the dominant club in Spain and in Europe.
I could have said I disliked them for being French but i didn't want to generalize too much. People from Paris are on another level tho

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I felt that way when Chelsea won it in 2012. A nothing club that made it big because of oil.
Chelsea is Abramovich's toy. PSG and WC2022 are literally PR projects from Qatar to raise the image of Qatar's ruling regime. Questionable and even illegal funds used for sports is bad, sure, but in PSG's case it's that + the purpose of it all is fucked up.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Not in England or France (until PSG).

This is not a rule, and it doesnt have to be that way. Football is much more fun without domination.

Are you guys gonna argue with me that CL was better when a new team won it every season rather than when Real won 3 in a row?

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Not in England or France (until PSG).

This is not a rule, and it doesnt have to be that way. Football is much more fun without domination.

Are you guys gonna argue with me that CL was better when a new team won it every season rather than when Real won 3 in a row?
There was system in place for Real to have won thrice in a row can't see it happening again

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Chelsea is Abramovich's toy. PSG and WC2022 are literally PR projects from Qatar to raise the image of Qatar's ruling regime. Questionable and even illegal funds used for sports is bad, sure, but in PSG's case it's that + the purpose of it all is fucked up.
You could argue that questionable funds is being used by just about every rich owner from the time football started becoming more commercial but in PSG's case, it's seems more blatant.
I can understand that to an extent but I honestly couldn't care less tbh. Corruption in sports is rampant as it is so taking a stance seems pointless atleast to me.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Agreed. Supporters of big clubs love to take the moral high ground but they all bought success at some point for the most part which makes it hypocritical
Not just buying success but systemic support from the government and leverage with banks. This is all masked under their so called 'rich history'.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Agreed. Supporters of big clubs love to take the moral high ground but they all bought success at some point for the most part which makes it hypocritical
But it's not at all comparable to teams like PSG, Chelsea or City who basically got competetive over night by injecting tons of money into them.

In Traditional big teams, there is natural growth that happens over decades. That's not at all the case with the oils clubs.

So I'd rather not toss us in one bag with them, and it's not hypocritical either imo.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
You could argue that questionable funds is being used by just about every rich owner from the time football started becoming more commercial but in PSG's case, it's seems more blatant.
I can understand that to an extent but I honestly couldn't care less tbh. Corruption in sports is rampant as it is so taking a stance seems pointless atleast to me.
there's shady money like Abramovich, a rich guy from a highly corrupt country, but that's about it, there's no questionable ulterior motive behind him owning Chelsea, so I agree that it's pretty similar to a lot of rich owners.

But in the case of PSG and Qatar 2022, there is shady money used, but theres also the clear purpose of sportswashing there + the numerous FIFA corruption cases linked to Qatar 2022. that's a whole other shit-pie compared to anything else I've seen in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)