Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Cant believe we chose Sarri over Pooch. Tici :lol2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
he was the only one i voted "yes" in that poll, and i stand by that. he's a good coach. wasn't sure about his availability

without proper players though... we can bring any coach, but we won't play fast and effective football with zero intensity midfielders.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We have also invested shitloads tbf, but just not on the right players. Not PSG level obviously tho.
Oh for sure. But we’ve basically been stuck with free transfers for our midfield due to investments in other parts of the pitch.

I mean PSG spent close to €600 mil on Neymar, Mbappe, Icardi, Di Maria, Icardi, and then brought in Kean on loan. And this while selling no one. Cavani and Rabiot and Silva left for free. What UEFA has let them do is a complete joke and makes a mockery of FFP. We’re small peanuts compared to them, ManCity, and ManU.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We look like shit because our management bought shit players. We had the money but we bought mediocrity.

But sure, it's not 400 mln and I do get your point.
Yeah. I agree we have made quite a few mistakes, especially post-Beppe, but when you only have so much budget, you have no margin for error and we’re seeing that now. PSG has made numerous poor transfers, but when you have that kind of money, eventually you get it right, because you can just keep trying again. We don’t have that luxury. Only a couple clubs do. It doesn’t excuse our mess, some mistakes are acceptable, but as many as we have made recently isn’t. Especially in the mid and choice of coach.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Our direct comparison should be Bayern, not PSG. They've spent less than us in the last 5 years and yet we look nowhere near their level. I think it's for good reason they said it when they said that they wouldn't have invested so much money on a 33 year old.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
So I'm guessing Pep will make changes shortly into the second half and choke it all away. I'm sure he's sweating right now, having flashbacks this is the perfect moment for him to panic and make the wrong decision at this stage.

- - - Updated - - -

Rewatched the goal. I think ManCity were doing zonal and Paredes' job was to take out/ limit Ruben Dias (ManCity's best defender).
I was referring to the corner just after in which Paredes got his head to the ball in the 6 yard box

dbochev

Aug 27, 2010
This is who Pirlo is inspired from. We just got the cheaper version of the ‘fluid’ tactics or simply said the ‘everybody’s a wingback until further notice’ tactics.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yeah. I agree we have made quite a few mistakes, especially post-Beppe, but when you only have so much budget, you have no margin for error and we’re seeing that now. PSG has made numerous poor transfers, but when you have that kind of money, eventually you get it right, because you can just keep trying again. We don’t have that luxury. Only a couple clubs do. It doesn’t excuse our mess, some mistakes are acceptable, but as many as we have made recently isn’t. Especially in the mid and choice of coach.
We made way too many errors. Not even clubs with oil money should do that.

Rabiot, Ramsey, Arthur and others were just failures 100% and that's whole midfield fucked up. I doubt any club with more than 1 brain cell would make such moves and have whole team collapse.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Our direct comparison should be Bayern, not PSG. They've spent less than us in the last 5 years and yet we look nowhere near their level. I think it's for good reason they said it when they said that they wouldn't have invested so much money on a 33 year old.
People who ran this club in past 2-3 years would've relegated a smaller team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)