Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Lazio... Nice with something else instead of the usual opponents we could've faced.
Imagine the scenes in Bavaria if you get eliminated by Nazio and their penalty punishing protagonist Cuntobile.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not so sure Yashin, Cafu, Xavi and Matthaus belong in the first team - I'd even argue the original Ronaldo shouldn't be there. They're all great players, but I'd put Zizou ahead of Xavi and Matthaus, and I'm not sure Cafu is the greatest RB in the history of the game. As for Ronaldo, he was phenomenal, but his peak was too short. Why are there no African players in the any of those lists?

Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Xavi absolutely is one of the greatest midfielders of all time. him, pirlo and scholes were just the goats of midfield pass masters.

also look at it from a impact perspective. xavi was at the centre of guiding spain to a historic 2 back to back euro wins, a world cup win, 2 cl titles including a treble with barca. he was unlucky never to win best player because messi and ronaldo breathed in the same air as he did.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Xavi absolutely is one of the greatest midfielders of all time. him, pirlo and scholes were just the goats of midfield pass masters.

also look at it from a impact perspective. xavi was at the centre of guiding spain to a historic 2 back to back euro wins, a world cup win, 2 cl titles including a treble with barca. he was unlucky never to win best player because messi and ronaldo breathed in the same air as he did.
Yea the record that Spain, Barca connection had is unreal

pikar

Jan 15, 2004
Not good enough, like a 6th position team in League 1
FC Porto is not a easy team. For their C-Group tour this year they get 13pts and get a draw&lost with FC Man-city and win all the other game. In all these six games their ball possession is lower than 50% but they win 4times easily. It seems like they are good at counerattack. It is a easy team though I'm confident with Pirlo's team. lol

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
bb158f096f1e09024758fee83f747d82.jpg

01e05436099f8885855362ebec6e3c2b.jpg

e7d973ea2449fe7be9552f7bef45250b.jpg

France Football just did the dream teams. Most of the names are obvious, but i’ve always been surprised at how Ramos finds himself in these all time lists, ahead of defenders like Cannavaro, Nesta and Stam to name a few. The only people who would put down Ramos as an all time great would be ones who staring watched football 10 years ago and didn’t focus on any team beyond Real Madrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm still surprised how people can't see that ramos(cuntish player I know) is an all time great defender.
Does he still needs to play a 1 vs 11 game and win it.
The guy is still influential for real at 36 and that shows what a joke of a defender varane or real is/are without him.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Imagine the scenes in Bavaria if you get eliminated by Nazio and their penalty punishing protagonist Cuntobile.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not so sure Yashin, Cafu, Xavi and Matthaus belong in the first team - I'd even argue the original Ronaldo shouldn't be there. They're all great players, but I'd put Zizou ahead of Xavi and Matthaus, and I'm not sure Cafu is the greatest RB in the history of the game. As for Ronaldo, he was phenomenal, but his peak was too short. Why are there no African players in the any of those lists?
Who was a better right back than Cafu? Some might argue Djalma Santos, or even Dani Alves. One thing's for sure, it's a Brazilian.

As I said in the Buffon thread, Yashin will eternally be crowned as the greatest keeper as he was the first keeper superstar and invented many of the current keeper techniques.

I imagine the Dutch are not pleased about Cruyff missing. Personally I would have included him instead of Ronaldo Lima, as much as I think he was the best #9 ever.

Others will argue Best, Platini, Di Stefano, Puskas, Eusebio, Baresi, Garrincha, and so on, but it's a ridiculously difficult task to select an all-time XI. I'd have to say I agree with at least 8 of the choices.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
FC Porto is not a easy team. For their C-Group tour this year they get 13pts and get a draw&lost with FC Man-city and win all the other game. In all these six games their ball possession is lower than 50% but they win 4times easily. It seems like they are good at counerattack. It is a easy team though I'm confident with Pirlo's team. lol
Of course it's not easy. It's UCL and we are Juventus, it's never easy for us not matter what

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still surprised how people can't see that ramos(cuntish player I know) is an all time great defender.
Does he still needs to play a 1 vs 11 game and win it.
The guy is still influential for real at 36 and that shows what a joke of a defender varane or real is/are without him.
True. People dislike him a lot so that's part of the reason. The level of influence Sergio has brought into the game IMO it's second to noone, not even the Kaiser

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We'll surely make hard work of Porto. This is generally what we do, CL or Serie A, when we know we are the stronger team on paper. We don't come alive until our backs are against the wall. Frustrating mentality that has set us back so many times. Other successful CL clubs would just roflstomp Porto by 4 goals over two legs and then onto the next one, we rarely ever do that.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Who was a better right back than Cafu? Some might argue Djalma Santos, or even Dani Alves. One thing's for sure, it's a Brazilian.

As I said in the Buffon thread, Yashin will eternally be crowned as the greatest keeper as he was the first keeper superstar and invented many of the current keeper techniques.

I imagine the Dutch are not pleased about Cruyff missing. Personally I would have included him instead of Ronaldo Lima, as much as I think he was the best #9 ever.

Others will argue Best, Platini, Di Stefano, Puskas, Eusebio, Baresi, Garrincha, and so on, but it's a ridiculously difficult task to select an all-time XI. I'd have to say I agree with at least 8 of the choices.
some might even argue its an argentine call javier zanetti

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

agreed, it's not bad at all. i'd certainly include platini in my all-time best 11, but that's just personal preference.

neuer is probably the only one who shouldn't be in any of these selections. he's barely a top10 ever keeper for me, i'd probably put yashin, buffon, zoff, banks, casillas, preud'homme, grosics, shilton, schmeichel, casillas and kahn above him.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
agreed, it's not bad at all. i'd certainly include platini in my all-time best 11, but that's just personal preference.

neuer is probably the only one who shouldn't be in any of these selections. he's barely a top10 ever keeper for me, i'd probably put yashin, buffon, zoff, banks, casillas, preud'homme, grosics, shilton, schmeichel, casillas and kahn above him.
Yeah I can understand why they have done that but I'd at least put Schmeichel and Zoff above Neuer. Older people would pick Grosics or Banks.

Neuer has won it all and is the archetype modern keeper but he's also had patchy form since 2018. In fact he was terrible around that time. He's back in form more recently. Usually early 30s is where a keeper begins to excel but he had this weird dip. Great keeper, but top 3 all-time? No.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
bb158f096f1e09024758fee83f747d82.jpg

01e05436099f8885855362ebec6e3c2b.jpg

e7d973ea2449fe7be9552f7bef45250b.jpg

France Football just did the dream teams. Most of the names are obvious, but i’ve always been surprised at how Ramos finds himself in these all time lists, ahead of defenders like Cannavaro, Nesta and Stam to name a few. The only people who would put down Ramos as an all time great would be ones who staring watched football 10 years ago and didn’t focus on any team beyond Real Madrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can barelly take those bs lists serious... not seeing even a mention of Del Piero there disgusts me, he is fully deserving of a mention in at least one of them without a doubt.

Anyway, nothing surprising, this sort of stuff will always be subjective.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016

- - - Updated - - -

Lets make sure it doesn’t happen.

About Lothar Matthäus being there it’s fully deserved, he’s the GOAT midfielder imo, but I’d probably also take Zidane instead of Xavi.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Lets make sure it doesn’t happen.

About Lothar Matthäus being there it’s fully deserved, he’s the GOAT midfielder imo, but I’d probably also take Zidane instead of Xavi.
I honestly don't think Matthaus is the GOAT midfielder, but maybe I'm biased. He was a great player, but there have been a few midfielders greater than him imho. Zidane, Zico (if we consider him a midfielder), and Laudrup come to mind.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)