Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Our direct comparison should be Bayern, not PSG. They've spent less than us in the last 5 years and yet we look nowhere near their level. I think it's for good reason they said it when they said that they wouldn't have invested so much money on a 33 year old.
:tup:

For the Marotta-Allegri era we had more success than they did, while selling more and spending less/similar level as they did. It’s only under the Tici reign as SD and his bizarre half-assed galacticos strategy that we have completely fallen apart and made poor decisions one on top of the other.

But I agree 100% on them being a good comparison. They have a much easier time buying from their league for reasonable fees as the whole of Germany doesn’t seem to hate them, like Italian clubs do us, but we’ve just fucked up time and again. We could easily have quite a good midfield right now with just having purchased Barella and De Paul over the last two seasons for very reasonable fees instead of getting Ramsey and Rabiot for free and giving them astronomical wages.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I was just commenting with my brother how Real was fucking stupid for selling. Imo one of the most underrated players since very few mention him when they talk about best players.
They won 3 straight CL after they sold him. Hardly stupid... they sold him at his absolute max value and properly replaced him. They did a good job there, even if he’s a great player. Which is what we failed to do after most of our big sales. :(

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
They won 3 straight CL after they sold him. Hardly stupid... they sold him at his absolute max value and properly replaced him. They did a good job there, even if he’s a great player. Which is what we failed to do after most of our big sales. :(
MU are the ones who fucked up.

- - - Updated - - -

De Bruyne, best midfielder in the world
Yes. But here he just got lucky.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
When I watch teams like PSG, Bayern, even Real and think about Juve it reminds me a of a famous Godfather quote "look how they massacred my boy". Wtf is wrong with this club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)