Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (43 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Atleti have a classic Italian mentality - they'll be happy to have the ability to focus on the league.
Has nothing to do with Italian mentality specifically. More to do with size of the club and their ambitions. I remember Klopp's Dortmund finished last in their Champions league group in 2011 so that they could focus on winning the league.

Atletico are not the same team of the past. Obviously winning La Liga will be huge for them.

I believe they're getting knocked out here because they're simply not top level anymore.

Buy on AliExpress.com

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Has nothing to do with Italian mentality specifically. More to do with size of the club and their ambitions. I remember Klopp's Dortmund finished last in their Champions league group in 2011 so that they could focus on winning the league.

Atletico are not the same team of the past. Obviously winning La Liga will be huge for them.

I believe they're getting knocked out here because they're simply not top level anymore.
Not top level for Europe, they're clearly top level in la Liga. They can't deal with Chelsea's pressing and can't string more than two passes. CL football is different that's all and Atletico just like us are stubborn with the old ways.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Not top level for Europe, they're clearly top level in la Liga. They can't deal with Chelsea's pressing and can't string more than two passes. CL football is different that's all and Atletico just like us are stubborn with the old ways.
There is a serious lack of quality in La Liga right now.
It's slowly going through a Serie A-esque decline.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Yes but they have retained their coach who has not changed his tatics since last eight years while we hired a rookie coach to see who can he successfully implement his thesis

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Yes but they have retained their coach who has not changed his tatics since last eight years while we hired a rookie coach to see who can he successfully implement his thesis
We've changed coaches but in Europe we still choke. We choke when it counts the most. Seems no coach can fix that.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
We've changed coaches but in Europe we still choke. We choke when it counts the most. Seems no coach can fix that.
No coach can fix that?
We hired an incompatible coach in Sarri and a complete rookie in Pirlo in 2 seasons, two random and stupid appointments and you're telling me no coach can fix that?
Not to mention the poorly constructed squad by the idiots in the management.

Durden

May 11, 2006
Watching Chelsea. I think we should also play a 3-4-3. Our current players, especially bonbon and midfield, would be much more suited for it.

Szczesny/Buffon
danilo/demiral bonbon/de ligt de ligt/chiellini
cuadrado/mckennie. Arthur/mckennie Bentancur/rabiot AS/berna
Dybala/kulu CR7/morata chiesa/CR7

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Watching Chelsea. I think we should also play a 3-4-3. Our current players, especially bonbon and midfield, would be much more suited for it.

Szczesny/Buffon
danilo/demiral bonbon/de ligt de ligt/chiellini
cuadrado/mckennie. Arthur/mckennie Bentancur/rabiot AS/berna
Dybala/kulu CR7/morata chiesa/CR7
Shows the value of hiring a good coach they were terrible with lampard as the coach

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
We don't choke there is word called luck Cuadrado shot hits the post in 93rd minute while Olivera free kick hits the inside part of the post and goes in
Luck is just an excuse used by chokers. The only luck is a ref mistake/favor, everything else is part of the game/sport.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Luck is just an excuse used by chokers. The only luck is a ref mistake/favor, everything else is part of the game/sport.
We lost against Porto because of a stubborn noob who insisted on us playing out from the back resulting in unforced errors and conceding stupid goals.

Nothing to do with luck or choking.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
No coach can fix that?
We hired an incompatible coach in Sarri and a complete rookie in Pirlo in 2 seasons, two random and stupid appointments and you're telling me no coach can fix that?
Not to mention the poorly constructed squad by the idiots in the management.
Exactly it's just not coach, there's a lot more to it.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I wish, bro. I wish.

Ain't gonna happen, though. Maybe in two years IF we make great decisions this summer.
You can see Chelsea fortune turn around with the sacking of lampard and hiring of tuchel the same thing can happen with Pirlo finally applying the finishing touches to his thesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)