Champions League 2019/20 (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
The dynamic of Serie A isnt like the Bundesliga where even the 3rd or 4th best team in the league would e happy to bend over to Bayern when they come calling. (Explains the low release clauses for some of the players). It is more along the lines of the Premier League historically speaking(it is more or less the same now as well). It is a bit unfair to even make this comparison with the German league.

The top English teams are able to cope with it just fine..

It all comes down to money. If Marquinhos was a young talent playing for Roma in 2020, we'd have first dibs on him. Why ? Because we are better equipped financially compared to the past. Simple as.
So then, why don’t we sign Zaniolo tomorrow?

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
The dynamic of Serie A isnt like the Bundesliga where even the 3rd or 4th best team in the league would e happy to bend over to Bayern when they come calling. (Explains the low release clauses for some of the players). It is more along the lines of the Premier League historically speaking(it is more or less the same now as well). It is a bit unfair to even make this comparison with the German league.

The top English teams are able to cope with it just fine..

It all comes down to money. If Marquinhos was a young talent playing for Roma in 2020, we'd have first dibs on him. Why ? Because we are better equipped financially compared to the past. Simple as.
I don’t think we would have because the way we like our deals to be done. We would have offered player exchange, loan deal with obligation to buy, playing hard ball to reduce the price. Unfortunately Roma are not the same level as Brescia or Sassulo to take that kind of deal for their star player. They would do it for a Pellegrini-Spinazzola level. I still can’t believe Fiorentina sold us Berna but then even though we got lucky the deal went through, the outcome was disastrous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
True, but like I said, that is one big difference and advantage for Bayern compared to the Italian giants.

Now for this I'm not so sure. First of all, because there are other teams in serie A who will also show interest and be able to offer big money [unlike in Bundesliga]. That kid from Brescia is a young talent and Inter are about to buy him. In Bundesliga, if Bayern wants, Bayern gets.
And also, putting Dybala aside, the big Italian teams did fail to notice top talent in the smaller serie A teams. When Salah was in Fiorentina and Chelsea were dying to sell him for like 10-15 millions, none of Juve, Inter or Milan went after him. Cavani in Palermo, Alexis in Udinese, Verratti in serie B, Bruno Fernandes spent 4 seasons in Udinese and Sampdoria and noone even noticed him. They sold him to Sporting for some funny amount. Now Inter play Gagliardini in midfield.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Maybe we lack funds at this point.

Pre-covid we definitively would have made a strong attempt.
I’m sorry but you’re absolutely wrong. If Juve operated like Bayern we wouldn’t be having this forum wide fad of pointing at Bayern’s transfer sensibilities now.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, a huge part of Juve’s problem is that they are always reactionary in the footballing climate.

Last year Ajax’s super stylised attacking team play was it so we had to go for Sarri. Then this year it’s been the rise of the baby managers, so guess what: Pirlo.

Juve’s time as the pioneers was back in 2012-15 when we built a team out of freebies. So many fans of other teams were really complimentary of this. But Juve has been wrongly trying to replicate it ever since with cruddy quality whilst mixing it with other team’s winning methods.

Juve’s best opportunity of ever winning the Champions League was indeed that 2015 final.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I don't get why they're angry really. The French should be used to defeat against ze Germans :snoop:
Congrats on a very deserved win!

One question, though, because this strikes me as odd; Why on earth would you spend an evening such as this on a Juventus forum? I know it's Covid times and all, and that wild celebrations in the streets / out on the town isn't the wisest. But I'm sure you have some Bayern pals, no? Or are you some kind of basement dweller?

Not attempting to be hostile, just genuinely curious, because the day we win it, I'm certainly not gonna sit on a Bayern forum dumping videos of Buffon and Platini and the likes, I'm gonna go get shitfaced with my fellow brethren

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Congrats on a very deserved win!

One question, though, because this strikes me as odd; Why on earth would you spend an evening such as this on a Juventus forum? I know it's Covid times and all, and that wild celebrations in the streets / out on the town isn't the wisest. But I'm sure you have some Bayern pals, no? Or are you some kind of basement dweller?

Not attempting to be hostile, just genuinely curious, because the day we win it, I'm certainly not gonna sit on a Bayern forum dumping videos of Buffon and Platini and the likes, I'm gonna go get shitfaced with my fellow brethren
My friends aren't Bayern fans so can't really celebrate it with them, I also got an early morning tomorrow hence I can't do anything crazy tonight, work is calling so gotta sleep soon :depressed:

Reason I'm here is because this forum is probably the best of all fan forums and I feel a part of it, if that makes sense. Even if some hate me or Bayern lol. Reason for the postings, well it's a Juve forum but a neutral thread and as I'm a member of it then I see no wrongs in it.

Thanks for the congrats as well. :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)