Champions League 2019/20 (60 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2014
Bayern's high line somewhat reminded me of Guordiola's defensive tactics which vs MSN Barca in 2015. If Barca had a frontline like that today the high line could have backfired.

Something to look out for against City and especially PSG.
I agree here re: high line being highest vulnerability. I think Man City probably doesn’t fare well unless Pep is willing to adjust tactics and not play possession. But PSG is probably their biggest threat: but PSG will need to sit back and counter, relying on Mbappe and Neymar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
@BayernFan

I have to disagree with you. I think your defense was top notch. They completely outplayed Barca's forwards to the point of frustration. If anything your attack could've finished more chances. IMHO your defenders and midfielders would have won the game with the B team upfront.
You think so?

I saw our defense as really bad, but to be fair to them they were on their own. I think it was Afghan Juventus who said it was like the 2015 semifinal against Barca, it was the same tonight.

At the same time I wonder if the Alaba own goal gave too many nerves to him and the rest of the defense.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Does anyone still think that being steamrolled by a strong opponent in quarterfinals is better than being knocked out in the round of 16 by a weak opponent? Barca will have to bear the burden of this night for at least a decade. At the same time, not that many people remember how Real Madrid used to be knocked out in the round of 16 year after year (and it's quite funny that Lyon used to be their personal nightmare).

Jun 6, 2015
You think Pep will adjust his tactics and NOT run into the open knife for once?

He's way too stubborn to do so.
Didn't see the game as they played the same time as us, but I read that Pep didn't go for possession against Madrid. He let them have the ball at times and countered. Also played Jesus on the left wing to mark Carvajals runs. Could try something similar against Bayern.

Apr 29, 2006
You think so?

I saw our defense as really bad, but to be fair to them they were on their own. I think it was Afghan Juventus who said it was like the 2015 semifinal against Barca, it was the same tonight.

At the same time I wonder if the Alaba own goal gave too many nerves to him and the rest of the defense.
Alaba playing a CB, along Boateng vs Messi, Suarez and co. Nightmares stuff. Giorgio could've blundered that. Not only did they pick themselves up - they pretty much humiliated Barca, while playing a crazy high line. This is so impressive, I am still shocked. Though it is logical at the same time - Bayern were obviously much better physically. But the contribution the defenders gave going forward -well, that's next level stuff. Even when BBC managed to hold Barca for 180 minutes, they weren't dribbling Messi's and co. all over the pitch.

As I said - if anything Coutinho showed the rest of your attackers how to finish. And you are not even buying him.

The total humiliation for Barca is unheard of. I would think they'd have a problem getting a new coach now, since they aren't rich and even a magician can't close all those crazy deals that hang around their financial necks. Add that instead of a magician they have corrupt incompetent idiots - Barca is in full implosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)